“Great Location on Campus” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Capstone
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 Bryant Drive, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401   |
Ranked #6 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
McKinney, Texas
“Great Location on Campus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I chose this hotel for the location, it's right on the campus of The University of Alabama. The hotel is easy to find and check in was quick. The staff were courteous. The room was spacious, clean, beds were comfy, but the pillows lumpy! The internet service was patchy, the wifi is free but not reliable, I called the front desk for help with the wifi connection but they were unable to assist even after visiting the room, no network was available, it eventually appeared and worked ok.
Didn't use the restaurant or pool facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from ice machine. The hallway noise can be heard loudly in room so maybe ask fo...

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I love the history and location of the Capstone.Great entrance with very helpful desk clerks from the beginning.only a block from the campus with the fantastic experience of the Rama Jama breakfast nearby.The room was adequate.The shower head was broken but we adjusted to that.A very very small bathroom.Bryant Denny stadium nearby.A very pleasant starting point for The Strip and the sweet city of Tuscaloosa.

Room Tip: Bathrooms small on our floor. Might ask for a bigger one if there is one available
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here last night and the room I was shown previously was not the room we got.
But first I will start with the positives:
Beautiful Lobby, meeting rooms, fitness room with equipment, restaurant on property, walk to game or campus, pool was nice and staff were super super friendly.
Every staff member we passed spoke and ask about our visit. Negatives: tiny tiny bathrooms (the pictures on here are deceiving the door almost touched toilet when it was open), mold in corners of shower. Not every room has fridge and microwave we didn't know this as the room I was shown earlier had these things. The doors appear to be paper thin, we heard everything that went down the hallway, and every conversation. Carpets all over need to be replaced. Our room was apparently over the restaurant because we smelled breakfast cooking, and although there is nothing bad about that I don't want to smell like it all day. Overall it was fine for overnight we didn't spend much time in the room. I'm not sure I could spend a week here which we normally do every July.

Stayed July 2014
Queenstown, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Lovely rooms, friendly staff, beautiful restaurant and great activities for the kids. Would highly recommend for a family get away. Location was good, just what we needed for a short stay! Awesome time here, would most Defiantly return in the future

Stayed July 2014
LaGrange
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I stayed at Hotel Capstone for one night recently. My husband attended the University of Alabama and we enjoy visiting with our children as often as we can. Hotel Capstone is the perfect location and we love the accomodations! Really loved the recent updates to the bathrooms. Very well done! Ralph was extremely helpful upon check-in and is clearly an expert in all things Tuscaloosa!! Loved our stay. My only complaint would be that we couldn't stay longer!!

Mackinaw City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My son and I stayed at the Hotel Capstone for two nights during freshman orientation. The location was perfect, and although the room itself was average the beds were comfortable enough for a good night's sleep. The bathroom was very nice with updated features.

One of the only complaints I have about the room was the fact that there was some garbage on the floor when we checked in, which consisted of a safety pin and someone's Publix grocery receipt. It also smelled strongly of Febreze or some other air freshener at first, but the strong smell seemed to wear off after a while.

While there, we took the opportunity to eat dinner in the Legends Bistro our first night. We had a very nice dinner with reasonable prices, less expensive than what I expected from a hotel restaurant. We also used the pool, which was small but very clean and nice.

As long as you aren't expecting plush accommodations, this hotel is a convenient place to stay for university events. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and I would definitely stay there again in the future.

Noumea, New Caledonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently stayed at Hotel Capstone for three nights and can honestly say the experience was great. From the outset the staff were courteous and friendly and went out of their way to be of assistance (Michelle and Ashley in particular). My room was spacious, clean and tidy and the food at the restaurant for breakfast and dinner was excellent. The location is ideal: right next to the Paul W. Bryant Museum, opposite the Coleman Coliseum and Mal Moore Athletic Centre, 5 minutes walk from Bryant-Denny Stadium and right in the heart of the beautiful University of Alabama campus. I would recommend (and have done so already) this hotel to anyone intending to stay in Tuscaloosa and get a taste of Crimson Tide hospitality. Roll Tide and Roll Hotel Capstone!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Capstone? Share your experiences!