“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
NewJersey
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel while visiting the University of Alabama. The hotel is located right next door to the university which is very convenient. We did find that the school itself is so big that we really did need to take the car to get to our appointment. There was plenty of parking during our visit and check in at the hotel was quick and easy. I felt the hotel was very clean and modern looking. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. The room was very nice but, my daughter thought that the clear shower doors combined with the wall sized mirror was a bit much. A great location and a clean hotel... I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Barry C, General Manager at Hotel Capstone, responded to this review, 6 days ago
We thank this guest for their kind remarks and hope we may look forward to seeing them again soon

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great staff (Nic, Lester, Ralph) went above and beyond to make our stay perfect. Always a smile on the other side of the desk and calling us by name made us feel welcome and at home.Great location. Great hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We are very thankful for the nice remarks, particularly the ones regarding specific staff members. We will make sure that they receive special recognition for their excellence of service.
Arley, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is located on the beautiful University of Alabama campus and is convenient to all campus activities, shopping and local restaurants. The front desk clerk, Rebecca, was very attentive to our needs and provided excellent customer service. While Rebecca provided excellent service, the billing department added additional charges on my visa account. When I called for an explanation the person at the front desk, Brian, said that since it had been several days since I checked out he could help. I told him I just checked out yesterday and he told me I would have to call back. He said that no one was available to help and I would have to call back on Monday.

• Stayed April 2014
We very much appreciate the good remarks of this guest. I am sorry that follow up on billing questions was problematic. While it is correct that our accounting manager handles all post-departure billing corrections, we should have communicated this in a better fashion. I hope this guest will accept my apologies for any billings errors and poor service on our part.
Southside, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very easy to walk to anything on University of Alabama campus from hotel. Also some restaurants, bars, shopping. Staff very courteous and helpful. Room was clean, and bathroom seemed to have been recently renovated. Pillows were a bit too soft for me but no big deal. We would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
We are happy that this guest enjoyed their visit and would choose to stay with us again. We look forward to serving them in the future.
Geismar, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The entire staff made our group - LSU Lady Tiger Basketball Fans - feel invited and welcomed into the "Crimson Tide" territory. The only negative spot was that a team member had a pair of shoes stolen.

Room Tip: Always ask for possible upgrade.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
We thank this guest for their kind remarks and the high rating they gave us. We are sorry that a team member had their shoes go missing. Such an event is atypical of our guest's experiences. We hope we may look forward to serving this guest again.
Fort Payne, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Arrived at hotel and parking was full so I pulled under awning to get my articles to take inside and check in while waiting to get parking. My daughter was also traveling with me in her own vehicle and she pulled in while I was checking in. She drove around and finally found a spot but the bellman told her she could not park there and she tried too explain that she was with me but he cut her off and said she would have to leave . When I came out she was in tears could not believe she was being treated this way. I let the attendant know she was with me and he proceeded to apologize. This should have never happened. So now I get home and look at my bank account to find out I have been charge 3 times for a 1 night stay. I call hotel and they tell me no one is available that can talk to me about this and get it right. I have stayed in hotels all over this country and have never been treated like this. These people just absolutely don't care. Go to the econo lodge I promise it would be an improvment over this place.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ashland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here while on a college visit. We chose this location because of the proximity to everything on campus. Although we were happy with our choice for the location, we were even more impressed with the staff. From the moment we checked in we felt at home. Every person we came in contact with was so friendly and helpful. Nic was very attentive and professional, making sure that we had everything we needed and helped us make the most of our visit. We will be sure to stay here again when we come back to visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We thank this guest for their kind review, and particularly for the remarks about our staff. We will make sure Nic receives special reward for having been specifically mentioned. We look forward to serving them again.

Been to Hotel Capstone? Share your experiences!