“Great staff!! Not so great rooms!!” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 Bryant Drive, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Mobile, Alabama
“Great staff!! Not so great rooms!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I traveled their with a friend over the weekend. I know the bathrooms had been remodeled but I wasn't impressed with the work. The shower panel would not stay connected. The sink needed a desperate paint job. When u hit the switch, it turned off my alarm clock and tv instead of controlling the lights. The a/c isn't the best. However, the room was clean. I reported this to the front desk. Chad and Lynn was very sweet and understanding about the whole thing. I ate in the Legends Bistro before leaving. It's beautiful and all of the staff treated me and my friend accordingly. I wish their breakfast was complimentary though. With the money you pay, you deserve free breakfast. Lester always does a great job helping me move in and out the room. He has such a warm smile. He always makes me feel so welcomed when I arrive. I enjoyed my stay overall but they just need to work out a few kinks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
karnaz, Director of Sales at Hotel Capstone, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
We appreciate the kind remarks of this guest. We also appreciate when our staff members are mentioned by name so that we can reward them for superlative service.

We are very sorry to learn of the problems that they discovered in the newly renovated bathroom. We have just completed the “punch list” that is created as we inspect the workmanship of the renovated areas. This list is then given to the contractor, who goes back and makes repairs or corrections to the indicated issues. The contractor is in the process of working through this list and we would expect the shortcomings to be remedied during this process. However, we would be very appreciative if the guest would contact us so we can determine what room they stayed in and ensure the deficiencies mentioned are addressed.

We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Best Regards,
Barry Carden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Delray Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was traveling alone to meet my daughter and help her move in her new apartment. We booked the reservation on line thru bookings.com. On the day on my arrival, the hotel did not have my resevation, and blamed the new website (bookings. com) for the mistake. It was moving weekend at the University of Alabama and all the hotels were sold out. They managed to accomodate one night and the second night I stayed in an old and run down Hotel that after all, turned out to be clean and convenient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
karnaz, Director of Sales at Hotel Capstone, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We are very sorry for the booking mishap this guest experienced during their recent visit. There was a breakdown in communication with our third-party booking vendor and we deeply regret that our guest suffered the consequences. We would be very appreciative if he or she would contact us so we can discuss an amicable resolution to this unfortunate event.

Best regards,
Barry Carden
MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel on a company trip. It was very nice and very clean. The staff was superb! Comfy accommodations, spacious rooms in a beautiful location. I can see how parking might be a problem on a busy weekend but it wasn't an issue for me. I hope to make a return visit soon!

• Stayed August 2013
Los Alamitos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is my daughters first year at University of Alabama and during our visits to different colleges, we stayed at several hotels. None of the hotels have compared to the what we've experienced at Hotel Capstone. The location is right in the middle of everything. The hotel is beautiful inside and the service I have received sets the bar very high for other hotels. Ralph is one of the nicest men I know.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Lynn completed my reservation and checked me in. She was very pleasant and respect. Ralph was also very helpful with telling me about the area. My room was beautiful and relaxing. Housekeeping did a great Job on the rooms. I have already recommended them to others.

• Stayed July 2013
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The Best Hotel !!! The Capstone makes my goodbyes to my daughter much easier ,,
. We are from Greenwich CT. This is now my daughters sophomore year,(2nd year at the Capstone Hotel).
We arrived this trip too move her back in , we arrived and are always greeted with open arms ,. I have stayed in various hotels around the world and Honestly The Capstone is more then a hotel , it is a place where there are great rooms and always smiles .. If my daughter was ever in need of anything I know she could always be welcomed at The Capstone which makes us feel better when I am home in Greenwich CT.
So many great people at this hotel, Miss Debra,Michelle, Stacey,J.D.,BRANDON, Chris, Jamal, and of course ALL the staff at the Front desk (who always Helps me with a quick room when my daughter says" please Mamma just stay one more night.)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Okay price. The bathrooms had just been renovated, so looked nice but very small. The shower head was high enough and had nice water pressure. The seal on the lower portion of the shower door was not attached. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean and attractive. It was a bit of a walk from the parking lot to our room.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Hotel Capstone? Share your experiences!