“A step above the average Days Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa

Save Saved
You added Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 Skyland Boulevard, I-59/20 & Hwy 82 & 11, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405   |
Ranked #9 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“A step above the average Days Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This looks like a relatively new building, or one that has been completely remodeled. It would be a great place for an extended stay. The a/c is a new digital unit; the television is an LG flatscreen. The leather(like) love suite, coffee table, and desk are separated from the bedroom area by a built-in room divider. it has the standard bathroom and sink area, as well as space for hanging clothes. A mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker are included. The only negative is the location, which is between a stripmall, with a WalMart, and a large shopping center, with a lot of traffic. It's a little awkward to get into and looks like it will be tricky getting out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
James P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your most recent stay. We certainly appreciate your tremendous comments concerning our maintenance and improvement efforts. I will be sure to pass along your keen observations to our staff, and please know that your words serve as added motivation as we look to remain competitive in the Tuscaloosa lodging market. Again, thank you for choosing our Days Inn and we look forward to seeing you soon.

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Elm Grove, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed for two nights during move-in weekend at the University of Alabama.

When we arrived we were greeted by very friendly and helpful receptionist. Overall the rooms were spacious, but the bathroom was little small. Decor (carpet pattern, bedspreads, furniture) was somewhat dated. When you sat on the couch, you just kept sinking down; the seat must have lost its support underneath somewhere. Also the seat cover on the desk chair was heavily stained.

Despite having outside doors, the hotel was quiet and we slept well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
James P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback from your most recent stay. I apologize that your stay did not leave you completely satisfied and I can assure you that we will work to make the improvements necessary to keep you coming back. Again, my staff and I appreciate your feedback and your patronage, and hopefully we will see you back again soon.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I was not expecting much and got more than I thought!! We stayed for three nights. We arrived late and were greeted by two sweet front desk employees. We were given an end room, which was nice since the noise level was zero. The bed was comfortable. I brought my own pillow so I can not rate those. The bedding has been updates from the photos and gives it a modern feel. There is a mini fridge and microwave in the room. The room is also very large and there is a small couch and coffee table area along with a desk and several dresser drawers. The price was right and on game days I would pay more vs staying in Hoover. It is right next to WalMart and Sams Club. They do have a breakfast but for me I passed on it and went down the road to Panera. I would recommend staying at this hotel and I will return when coming to see my child at school.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your most recent stay. Your words are greatly appreciated, as they serve as continued motivation for my staff and I. We know that you have many lodging choices while traveling, and we thank you for choosing our Days Inn here in Tuscaloosa. We look forward to your next visit, just give us a call.

James

Been to Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!