“Overall a good property. Pleasantly surprised. When I...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa

Save Saved
You added Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 Skyland Boulevard, I-59/20 & Hwy 82 & 11, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405   |
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Tuscaloosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I was not expecting much and got more than I thought!! We stayed for three nights. We arrived late and were greeted by two sweet front desk employees. We were given an end room, which was nice since the noise level was zero. The bed was comfortable. I brought my own pillow so I can not rate those. The bedding has been updates from the photos and gives it a modern feel. There is a mini fridge and microwave in the room. The room is also very large and there is a small couch and coffee table area along with a desk and several dresser drawers. The price was right and on game days I would pay more vs staying in Hoover. It is right next to WalMart and Sams Club. They do have a breakfast but for me I passed on it and went down the road to Panera. I would recommend staying at this hotel and I will return when coming to see my child at school.

• Stayed August 2013
James P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your most recent stay. Your words are greatly appreciated, as they serve as continued motivation for my staff and I. We know that you have many lodging choices while traveling, and we thank you for choosing our Days Inn here in Tuscaloosa. We look forward to your next visit, just give us a call.

James
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I recently was in Tuscaloosa to attend graduation for a friend and stayed at this hotel. I was very impressed by every aspect of my stay. From the check in on Friday afternoon August 2 to Check out Saturday morning. The gentleman working the front was incredibly helpful and one of the most courteous people I have ever met. Kudos for great customer service !! The room was clean, bed was comfortable and my stay was just perfect. If I ever need to stay in Tuscaloosa again I will be making reservations with this property. Keep up the great work folks !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
James P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this tremendous feedback and for your kind words of encouragement. It really means a lot to my staff and I when a guest notices our family-like atmosphere. We want you to know that this is your home away from home, every time you visit our fair city. We know that you have many lodging choices while visiting Tuscaloosa, and we appreciate that you chose our Days Inn. We hope to see you back again real soon!
Norman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very clean, good place to stay. On second day room was not well cleaned as I excepted, but was nicely furnished. Good place to stay. Good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this very important feedback. I will be sure to pass along your feedback, so that we can re-focus on providing the most consistent stay possible. We apologize for your second night inconvenience, and we will do a better job! Thank you for choosing our Day Inn, while visiting Tuscaloosa, Alabama and we hope to see you back soon.
Miami Gardens
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My original reservation was canceled without my knowledge & the room was given away. I had driven for 12 hrs from Miami, FL with my daughter with no place to stay at 1am in the morning! I was tired & very upset since many hotels were booked due to UA freshman orientation, which was my reason for visit. Tge hotel should have contacted me if there was an issue. There was no manager on duty nor did one contact me about my issue...I will not recommend this place to anyone nor will I stay there again!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

James P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing our Days Inn and for providing us with this opportunity to address your concerns. The type of reservation that you made was a prepaid reservation that requires a valid credit card in order to receive the additional discount benefits. Upon receiving the Prepaid reservation notice, we are required to charge your credit card per the reservation requirements, the credit card declined, making the reservation invalid according to the standard. The reservation was canceled and the cancellation notice was sent to the email address attached to the original reservation. Our records indicate that you made the reservation on July 6, 2013, via the internet and that a cancellation notice was sent to your email address. Once the credit card declined, then the prepaid reservation is no longer valid.

It was not our intent to inconvenience you, but we could not hold a reservation at that rate, with a credit card that we was not able to be authorized for the full amount. A guaranteed reservation only works if the credit card can be authorized for the prepaid amount. We appreciate that you did come back to stay with us and I would have been more than happy to speak with you in person. Should you have any question, please contact me at 205-759-5000.

James

Been to Days Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!