“Comfort Suites, Tuscaloosa, AL” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Bolivia, NC
“Comfort Suites, Tuscaloosa, AL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stopped at this hotel at random and were so pleased with the wonderful staff and the welcome they gave us. Rooms were clean and the sheet crisp (a must). The breakfast the next morning was pretty darn good. This hotel has become our stopping place next time we visit our friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We checked in to the hotel on a Thursday evening. Hotel staff was nice and friendly, very informative, on places to eat along McFarland Blvd. The rooms, very average and maybe in need of updates. It was clean, however, furniture was worn. We asked for a room away from the interstate and found it was very quiet. There is a Burger King next door within easy walking distance for something quick.
Good continental breakfast, great waffles with a selection of banana nut or regular mix. Only suggestion is that the containers of water, milk etc. are lower so you don’t have to reach so high to retrieve it. This would be difficult for an elderly person. It is an easy on and off of Interstate 20.

Room Tip: ask for a quite room so you don't hear noise from the Interstate
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Well, my very first experience with Tuscaloosa started off to be terrible until we checked into the Comfort Suites and met Cathy. She was very kind and attentive. We explained the horrible time we had at another hotel near by and she was eager to make our trip a good one.

If I had not stayed there and met Cathy I would have left with a bitter taste toward the people of Tuscaloosa but after meeting someone who went through great lengths to ensure my happiness deserves my business.

Really, Thank you Cathy for all of your help and you loving Godly ways!!!

Virginia & Deon

Room Tip: All was good!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manheim, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel experience was excellent. We had just spent a horrible night in the area at another facility and checked out and found the Comfort Suites. Everyone at the hotel was polite and very efficient. Everything was clean. The breakfast was very good. If I make the trip back to Tuscaloosa, I will definitely make my reservations at the Comfort Suites.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The staff were the nicest! Pool and hot tub were great. Beds comfy. Wish we had two tv's since it was a suite (we were traveling with our kids ages 5-20). Breakfast was good. Waffles, sausage links, eggs, cereal, pastries, juice, coffee, and maybe more.

Check-in and out was quick and easy

Only complaint was the location to the interstate. Not the noise, but the fact that the hotel is directly at the corner of the off-ramp which, depending on which way you're headed, is inconvenient due to having to go out of the way and get off the interstate and turn around. Bit that's not anything the staff has control of.

Our stay was very pleasant at this location.

• Stayed March 2013
East Jordan, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed one night, leaving on 3/14/13. The hotel was an average Comfort Suites. Not bad, and what I can remember it was clean compared to others in the Choice Hotel chain we stayed in during the month of March. We checked-in sort of late the night before. The desk clerk just did her thing. Was not the standout type, until we encountered Cathy at the desk the next morning as we were preparing to leave. What a helpful person. She gave us the directions we needed on our way to Memphis, TN. She even pulled into the conversation a salesman that was staying at the hotel that happened to stop at the counter the same time we were talking to her and they both told us what they knew about the Memphis, TN area. It was fun talking of them. We were pleased with our visit as we drove away.

I think it goes to show that many times a good experience anywhere you go oftentimes boils down to the character of the people you meet. If the hotel staff are good, the hotel experience can be, too. They will make it right for you. Now I have to write more reviews on TripAdvisor while I'm at it....and let me just say, I have some complaining to do about hotel staff within the Choice Hotel chains...enough so I question if we want to stick with being members of and choose Choice Hotels the next time we need a hotel. Thanks Cathy!

Room Tip: If you get good interaction from the staff, they most likely will make your stay enjoyable. Be warn...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel was clean and comfortable .I had one minor irratation with the front desk.Around 6:00 pm I asked if I could purchase a cup of milk for my grandson so he could take his meds,the young man behind the front desk told me they did have milk but it was only for breakfast,I had to drive in the dark to purchase milk ,I think it was rude!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor clean and quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family