“Mawde61. Staying the night in Tulsa” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Mawde61. Staying the night in Tulsa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel was clean and comfortable .I had one minor irratation with the front desk.Around 6:00 pm I asked if I could purchase a cup of milk for my grandson so he could take his meds,the young man behind the front desk told me they did have milk but it was only for breakfast,I had to drive in the dark to purchase milk ,I think it was rude!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor clean and quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had a coupon from one of the travel booklets picked up at a rest area, $79 for the night. We had room #102 on the first floor, just a few steps from the lobby. The room had 2 beds with a partial wall separating the sleeping area from the living area which had a couch, desk and chair, refrigerator and microwave. It was nice, but I did notice a few small signs of wear and tear on the furnishings. But it was clean so that's what really mattered. We went to dinner at the Shrimp Basket (we really enjoyed it) just down the road. I had no problems connecting to their internet both that evening, and again in the morning. The hotel is right by a busy road so there is a lot of road noise, but I sleep with ear plugs so it wasn't a problem. Maybe the rooms on the other side of the hall would have been a bit quieter. In the morning we enjoyed their breakfast. They had scrambled egg patties, bacon (had never seen bacon on a free hotel buffet before), regular and blueberry make-your-own waffles, oatmeal packets, several cold cereals, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, breads, bagels, orange and apple juice and coffee. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Memphis, TN USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed in this property in March 2012, and it was fine, so decided to stay here again. My stay was for 3 nights.

When we arrived, the bedspreads looked like they had not really been made up very well. Upon looking closer, discovered that the batting in them had apparently become disconnected, balled up, etc., probably due to being used so much. They, and the other bedding, were clean and satisfactory otherwise; beds were quite comfortable. Room was clean, as was bath, with plenty of towels, etc.

The internet was TERRIBLE! According to my wifi-finder on my iPad, there were several choices in the hotel, none of which had more than 1 bar, and sometimes not even one would show up. When I could get on, the connection never lasted very long. I complained to the desk, and they said they would restart the servers, but didn't really help. Only worked well sitting in the lobby, which I did NOT want to do.

I try to stay in Choice Hotels, and can only remember one other that was below 'below par'. I will not stay here again without verifying that their internet has been fixed. Other than that, it is fine.

Room Tip: Stay on side opposite the interstate if you are a light sleeper. It is right beside I59/20 (I think...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Since I'm a Choice Member, I always try to stay at a Choice hotel.

This was a fairly new Comfort Suites, so it was clean and seemed bug-free. It IS right next to the freeway, though, so sometimes it was a little loud. It has free wifi that worked well/fast and the traditional free continental breakfast.

Having never been to Tuscaloosa before, we wanted to explore, and this hotel was not too far away (by car) from the funky down-town area which had some great places to eat and drink. It is obviously a college town.

I would have no problem staying here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel seems to be fairly new and clean. King Suite was nice (no smoking throughout), having a small frig/micro, along with a couch/sitting area and one 32" flat Plasmas TV. Breakfast was a good continental, eggs, sausage, bagels, rolls, toast, cereal, yogurt, coffee/juice/milk, etc..
The only downfall is its access, it is right off Interstate, but you have to cross traffic with no light to get there. Crossing traffic can be hard at times, along with heading the other way by crossing or making a u-turn to go back on 82.
The staff was helpful and very nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chatom, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel is a suitable choice for a night or two. We stayed two nights for a football game and it was clean and comfortable. The only problems were we arrived late and took showers (a little low water pressure) and prepared for bed, only to find there were no linens for the fold out couch bed my daughter was sleeping on that night. We called the desk and was told to come to the desk and get some. We were given the linens but no pillow. After asking for a pillow, we were told use one of the extras off the bed. Well there were no extras because two are needed for those thin pillows. We were given the pillow. Also, parking is a premium here. You may have to park next door and walk back. It is a convenient location and quieter than some other hotels in Tuscaloosa.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Maryville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Very clean and comfortable rooms. We were traveling with my 80 year old mother and needed a handicap accessible room. We choose Comfort Suites because they have very large handicap rooms available. Comfort Suites always have the most comfortable beds and pillows of any hotel chain. Rooms are always very clean. Breakfast is always great and included with your stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!