“Comfy, frienldy, consistent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Tuscaloosa

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Tuscaloosa to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Tuscaloosa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Hollywood Boulevard, (opening May 1, 2007), Tuscaloosa, AL 35405   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #13 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
fremont MI
“Comfy, frienldy, consistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I've stayed here many times over the past year, this place is very consistent--friendly, comfortable, clean, accomodating. The desk staff is patrticulary good--I do a lot of business travel, these folks are exellent, morning noon and night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dalton, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I love the Hilton Garden Inn and try to stay at it wherever I travel. However, I will now closely review Trip Advisor comments before I book at one again. I experienced 2 different rooms in this Hilton Garden Inn and neither one was clean. The first had hair all over the shower and smelled musty, so I requested a new room. The second room was worse than the first. The counters and desk had not been cleaned: I found a used braces/hair band on the desk. The floor around the toilet had hairs all over it, and the toilet seat itself had blood on it. The shower was again covered in hairs. I have honestly never stayed in a place this bad. They told me they had no other rooms and the sheets appeared clean, so - it being 11 pm and all the other hotels in town being booked - I had no choice but to sleep there. I treated the restroom as a public restroom and woke at 6 am, got in my car without a shower, and left. I explained my situation to the front desk and they comped my room, saying that they had been without a housekeeping manager for months and thus acknowledged that they had some problems. I absolutely would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here -- at least not until they get a new housekeeping staff.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HGITuscaloosa, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear 905Traveler,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our property. Please allow me to apologize for the issues you experienced regarding the cleanliness of our rooms. Keeping our guest rooms clean is of the utmost importance to us, and I am sorry that your room was not up to our standards. I would love to have another opportunity to show you the level of service and cleanliness we pride ourselves on. Thank you again for bringing these issues to our attention, and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

As you can read in my earlier review, my first experience at the HGI-Tuscaloosa was not up to par. However, everyone deserves a second chance. This time around our stay was great. The hotel is nicely located with quick and easy access to both campus and the downtown area. We ended up having to change rooms due to excessive neighbor noise, but the front desk staff quickly found us a new corner room and the rest of the weekend was noise free! Rooms are nicely sized. Hotel is relatively up-to-date, but could use some carpet cleaning and a fresh coat of paint in the hallways!

The ladies who run the breakfast area are one of the HGI's best assets. Fantastic and friendly service. Breakfast cooked to order. Area is VERY neat, clean and well organized. I Highly recommend the Ham&Cheese omelet. One of the best I've had!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HGITuscaloosa, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear TravlinMan_12,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property again! I greatly appreciate you giving us another opportunity to serve you, and regret that your first stay was not a good experience. As you said, our breakfast is always a guest favorite and I'll be sure to pass along the compliments to the chef! We look forward to serving you again soon! Thank you again, and have a great day.

Kind regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

The Hilton Garden Inn in Tuscaloosa, I thought would be nice to stay at for a concert i was in town for, but when i arrived to my room 526, it seemed ok. Until i took a shower the shower head had some build up on it and my shower curtain was barly hanging. It looked liked they patched it up so it could make it for another decade. The lobby was only thing i seen that was nice and looked like it should be in a nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
HGITuscaloosa, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Fransa3,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in town for your concert and for sharing your feedback in regards to the shower curtain in your restroom. I've worked with maintenance to replace the curtain, however I apologize that it wasn't replaced sooner. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us the next time you return to the area.

Sylacauga, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Starting from check-in it was a pleasant experience. The desk staff were efficient and pleasant. The room was clean, and the only "issue" with the room itself was that the blackout curtains didn't close (see photo - first time EVER seeing this design). Being several floors up, someone walking by and seeing in wasn't a concern. My concern was how bright it was from the parking lot lights and sign from the adjacent hotel. I did however, manage to "fix" the problem (see photo).
Breakfast was good and there was plenty of seating.
As this was only an overnight stay, I didn't use any of the other facilities and cannot comment on them.
I'll stay here again if in Tuscaloosa overnight or several days again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Robert B,

Thank you for your kind words about our property! We appreciate our guests' reviews, and look very forward to serving you on future game days! We do have very unique window treatments, however on any future stays we would be more than happy to assist you in closing the blackout curtains so you have have a more restful night's sleep. Thank you again, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Milan, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family recently stayed here for the home Alabama football game. We usually stay at the Hampton Inn, because it's closer to campus, but they were booked this weekend. We had a wonderful time! The staff at this Hilton Garden Inn were very friendly and helpful- from the front desk staff to housekeeping and especially the food service folks in the restaurant.

Our room was plenty big, beds very comfortable, and clean. No problem with the air conditioning. We did eat breakfast in the restaurant, and it was cooked to order, and very good. I had called the hotel after we got home with a question about my bill (I thought I was double-charged, but I wasn't.), and the sales manager was prompt to get back to me and answered my questions.

Even though it's farther away from campus, we just might stay here the next time we come to town to visit our daughter at the university.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear mckinna1,

We are very pleased that you chose our hotel for your stay inTuscaloosa, and appreciate your kind remarks about our property. We hope that you will stay with us on future game days. Our breakfast is one our guests' favorite features, as we offer delicious cooked-to-order items, and I'm very happy you were able to take advantage of that. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to serving you again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I had a reservation, but checked in late.
I was given a smoking room (room 600) - I'm not a smoker - the room smelled horrible! I suppose bed sheets were not changed.
Biggest problem: bedbugs. I got my arm and legs bitten by bed bugs, that last for 1 week.
Fortunatelly I was able to move to another room next day.

• Stayed July 2012
HGITuscaloosa, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear 600room,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Tuscaloosa. I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to provide our guests with best experience possible. Please know that we work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have personally inspected this room and have had our pest control company inspect as well and would like to assure you that there are no bedbugs present at our property. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that the next time you are in the area you will give us another chance to show you the quality and service you deserve.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!