“Great property and Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Lexington, South Carolina
“Great property and Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express at Tuscaloosa is a very nice property. We found the staff to be very friendly and the hotel was very clean. The breakfast was great with many choices. The fitness room could use some upgrades, but other than that we would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
lizobradovich, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Tuscaloosa-University, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for all your comments about our hotel. I have made a note of your suggestion about our fitness equipment and shared your comments with all of the staff. I hope that in the future, we will be staying with us when you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was down in Tuscaloosa on business and booked this property based on the positive Traveladvisor reviews.
First off, let me correct one critical point that others have written...
This hotel is NOT adjacent or within walking distance to anything on the UA campus so dont let the "University" in its name make you think that it is on or even adjacent to the UA campus.
It sits back by itself on Veterans but is within.5 to 1 mile walking distance of numerous retail and restaurant choices at the Mid Town and University Mall shopping districts. Be warned though that if you are walking you must cross two major traffic intersections to get to these areas. Not fun at night!
The property itself is a standard, run of the mill, HIE and that is not a bad thing.
The rooms are nicely decorated and the service is friendly as you would expect at any ICG property. I am a Platinum Priority Club member and was recongized as such upon checkin.
I wish that it would have been at least within walking distance to campus but I did not see any other major hotel chains adjacent either so this is a solid choice if you are in town for a game or on business.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
lizobradovich, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Tuscaloosa-University, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for being our guest and your nice comments about our property and service at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tuscaloosa. We are always happy to recognize our Platinum Priority Club members.
You are correct that we are not located on The University of Alabama campus. The hotel is just over a mile from campus. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and hope that we will be your hotel choice when traveling to Tuscaloosa in the future.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Great facility and location. Spacious breakfast area. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Cookies in afternoon. Best of all....great showerheads, which is a personal pet peeve of mine. Very close to Mall, restaurants and University of Alabama campus. Book early for sporting events.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
Opelika, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This location was not the best of the Holiday Inn Express family in terms of service, but still a very good place to stay. When I checked in the two front desk clerks ignored me and then the lady just looked at me when I told her I needed to check in. I was not recognized as a Gold member like I usually am. I used the front desk clerks once more during my stay and again I felt as if I was bothering them. The rooms while small were clean and comfortable. The one nice feature at this hotel was the light above the shower in the bathroom. This has been my complaint in several other hotels. The pillows needed to be replaced. The breakfast was very good. Loved the breakfast and business area of the hotel. Service was my main reasoning for the average rating. I would recommend this location to others.

Room Tip: Room 104 was by back door. Great for loading and unloading, but can get a little noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tuscaloosa-University, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear cartemd,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards Gold member and for taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad you liked our breakfast options and our Business Center. Please accept my apologies for the service you received. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Thank you and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Tuscaloosa, AL.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in March so we could attend an event on UA campus. Staff was friendly, room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was also very good. Located directly across from University Mall the location was very convient. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We look forward to your staying with us in the future. We value your comments and have shared them with our staff. Thank you.
Douglas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

When in the Tuscaloosa AL area I always stay here. The hotel is convient to both shopping and dining. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful.
The rooms are alway nice and comfortable.
Sometimes I have a meal in the morning in the breakfast area and when I do the food is always great.
This hotel should be on anyones list of places to stay when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate your comments about our hotel. Thank you for being our guest and I hope you will return to stay with us in the future.
Dawsonville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first time on a business trip and I was very happy with the service, cleanliness of the hotel and the location. There is a mall nearby with restaurants. The hotel is very average for a Holiday Inn Express with the rooms very average. The room was very clean and the one I reserved. I will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
lizobradovich, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Tuscaloosa-University, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tuscaloosa-University. We appreciate your comments and hope that when you travels bring you back to town that you will be staying with us! I look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Liz Obradovich
Owner/GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tuscaloosa-University? Share your experiences!