“Nasty and Dirty” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tuscaloosa
GuestLodge Hotel & Suites
3920 East McFarland Blvd., Tuscaloosa, AL 35405   |
Ranked #29 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
New Jersey
“Nasty and Dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2007

We stayed here the weekend of the Bama/LSU game. I should have known that the hotel was a dive, because when my husband called he was able to get a room.....everybody knows that it is impossible to get a room in Tuscaloosa during the BAMA football season. Anyway, our room key had room 130 written on it in permanent marker, but we were told to not pay attention to that and that we were to go to room 141. Room 141 had a stained carpet and a stained sofa pushed up against the wall where a bed should have been. I know this because the head board was still attached to the wall. The phone and TV didn't work and the front of the dresser drawer fell off when I opened it.

My husband went to the front desk to get another room, unfortunately, I don't remember the room number, because by this time it was midnight and we were exhausted...our flight from Philly was delayed. We moved our stuff to the other room and it wasn't much better. The room had a stained sofa, dirty toilet with a chipped toilet seat, a very anatomically correct drawing of a naked woman on the bathroom wall next to the shower and a terrible smell...my husband went out to buy Febreeze.

We slept here because we didn't have much of a choice. The next morning we left and took all of our stuff with us because my husband was afraid it wouldn't be there when we got back. After the game, as we were walking back to our rental car my husband called around and was able to get a room in Bessemer at the Fairfield Inn. He said there was no way he would go back to the Guest Lodge, he was afraid of the possibility of bed bugs.

This room was NOT worth the $99 per night rate. Do not go here, you would be better off sleeping in your car!

Stayed November 2007

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
Right Here
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

This place is horrendous!! From the outside looking like a dump to 100 year old furniture. The room had an aweful odor, the chairs in the room had stuffing coming out of them. The rack to hang your clothes on was coming out of the wall. The lamp shades had rust spots on them and the light fixtures didn't work. The restroom was TERRIBLE!!!!!! There was hair on the toilet and sink. The top over the tank didn't fit. The shower had a molded liner but no shower curtain!! The water dripped continually and the fixtures were rusty from the settling water. This place looked like something you only see in a movie. These people should be put OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!! The County Health Department needs to look at this place and see if it's even legal to have such an establishment. This place was atrocious, no exceptions!!!!! There should be nothing that allows this place to be in business, AT ALL!!!! When I spoke with Brandon before I arrived on Friday evening he stated they were remodeling and their rooms were clean and that was FAR from the truth!!!!!!!

• Liked — Nothijng at all
  • Disliked — everything there was
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2006

Do not go to Guest Lodge you do not get a good room for your money. It may be clean to the owners but really it was not to my satisfaction. I would not even want my pets to sleep in the room. I opened the door and turned right aroung to get a refund. Please do not waste your time or money going here. if you want quality you do better going to Motel 6 or
Best Value Inn the rooms are chaper than 60.00 a night and cleaner.

• Stayed May 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2005

We have been staying at the Guest Lodge Hotel and Suites in Tuscaloosa, AL., for about two months, because of my husband's job. There is no manager on site. The pool is full of green water and leaves. All of the vending and ice machines are broken. The phone workes sometimes. They use gasoline for weed killer. There are no fire extingushers. The fire alarms beep in the rooms.(Ours doesn't work). The continential breakfast: loaves of bread and mini donuts are left out uncovered and what is not eaten is put out the next day. The airconditioner drains back into the room keeping the floor wet. When the room up stairs is occupied the water from their shower pours down the inside of the wall. We do not have roaches because we bug bomb our room. I also clean our room. On the week-ends people beat on all the doors until they find the room they are looking for. At first glance this looks like a nice Hotel, it's what you don't see until you stay awhile.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2005

I stay in aproximately 50 hotels a year. This is the worst hotel in which I have ever spent an evening. There was a black substance splatterred all over the walls. The carpet was soaking wet. The smoke detector was inoperative and hanging from the clothing rack. The desk clerk attempted to charge us more than the advertised rate. The coffee pot was dirty and had a used filter in the basket. There was no remote for the television. The refrigerator was full of frost. The linens were stained. The non dairy creamer was a solid lump in the package. There was hair in the tub. The pool was so filthy we could not see the bottom. Continental breakfast was toast and stale donuts.

The motel is in the budget category, so I did not expect deluxe accommodations. I did expect sanitary and safe. I left a note for the manager asking for a response and have yet to receive one, so I will be contacting the Health Department and Fire Inspector after the weekend. I suggest any others with similar experiences do the same.

• Stayed July 2005
Pensacola, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2005

This state of this hotel was absolutely deplorable in Nov. of 2004. We were attending a Univ. of Alabama game and had made reservations for the entire weekend. The toilet was broken when we arrived, and all lights were burned out except one. The first time my child used the bathroom, he came out holding the toilet paper and holder in his hand. It came in and out of the wall, revealing a huge, rotten space behind it.

Roaches literally crawled in and out of drawers, and the coffee pot was full of mold. If we could have found alternative accomodations, we would have done so.

Extremely disgusting. I'm surprised they're allowed to remain open.

• Stayed November 2004

Been to GuestLodge Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!