“A must to take your children/grandchildren” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 25 things to do in Tuscaloosa
More attraction details
Owner description: Hands-on exhibits for children.
Maryland
3 attraction reviews
“A must to take your children/grandchildren”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

It's an absolute must for children, toddlers to middle school, even high school. Many participatory experiences relating to history, culture, traditions, etc.

Visited December 2012

Russellville, Alabama
“Occupied my 1 & 3 year Oldsmobile while being budget friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the museum itself! We had a great time and it kept my children occupied and was age appropriate for them. However, the staff weren't very friendly or helpful. The programs that were offered were geared more to people who had "memberships". Besides that it was a good experience. We would visit it again.

Visited April 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Tuscaloosa Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

This children's museum was a sweet surprise that we found while my husband was working nearby. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist that gave us an overview of the museum, and we were more than impressed.
The miniature versions of real-life businesses like an ice cream shop, drug store, bank, post office and more were fascinating to my child. We spent the most time at the ice cream parlor which was complete with authentic order-taking notepad w/pencil to all colors of the rainbow pretend ice cream scoops. Banana split anyone?
The space exhibit was incredible also along with the planetarium show made for a memorable afternoon. Downstairs we spent lots of time in the make-believe hospital complete with real stethascopes and x-ray viewer. But my most favorite exhibit was the tug boat with the authentic sound effects and controls.
With what I though would only be about an hour's worth of fun turned into an entire afternoon of fun for both me and my son.

Visited February 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
9 attraction reviews
“Fun for Kids and Adults too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This place is so much fun! Our daughters love coming here! With all the little play areas that are made to replicate real-life, they can play hospital, farmer's market, sea captain, fisherman, southern belles, barber, soda hop, teacher, etc. Even my husband and I find ourselves really getting involved and letting our "inner child" out to play too! This place is a must see!

Visited March 2013
Sulligent, Alabama
20 attraction reviews
“Hands On”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Hands on Museum is a great day of fun for the whole family,group discounts for schools.Children are allowed to change into costumes and pretend to be someone famous.It is educational but no one realizes that that are learning.