“Completely acceptable budget choice...” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Tuscaloosa
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4700 Mcfarland Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405   |
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Vero Beach, Florida
“Completely acceptable budget choice...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I paid about $42 for one night. Efficient, professional staff. Rooms are new-looking, clean and comfortable. No fridges. No continental breakfast. Ice machine works. Close to grocery stores, a Wal-Mart SuperCenter, restaurants, etc. Walking distance to a Subway. Nothing fancy, just a decent place to rest your weary head...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Northport, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here because it was the first hotel we came to, wow, what a mistake. The rooms are tiny and there is no carpeting. I don't even think our room was even cleaned prior to us getting there, the bathroom smelled like urine and there were probably 3 months worth of ghost turds and some chicken bones under our bed. We had to purchase a cooler to keep my daughter's milk cold because they didn't have a fridge or a microwave. The first ice machine didn't work, the second (and last) ice machine barely worked. There was trash everywhere birds nests in all the fire alarms and the top deck looked like it was about to fall in. My son and I went to get in the pool and there were 2 pieces of poop floating in the pool, no thanks I'd rather not swim in a giant toilet.

We had to purchase a password to access the WiFi which never worked, we had to go across the street to McDonald's to use their WiFi (which worked perfectly.) The fire alarm went off at 2 am and then it was noisy (people slamming doors yelling and running around) when it finally quieted down the sun come up.

The next day I asked for my money back for WiFi access since it never worked. I was told I would have to wait for the manager to come in, he would be there at about 9. So I decided to do some laundry but the washer was out of order. I checked out at 10 the manager still wasn't there according to the desk clerk. I said I would speak to the corporate office about them taking my money for WiFi, not providing the service and then refusing to issue a refund. The desk clerk got a really nasty attitude with me and practically threw my refund at me. I will never return to any motel 6 anywhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Josh W - Thank you for sharing your review. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the odor, cleanliness, property and pool conditions and maintenance issues you experienced. These issues and the service you received are certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Well, the only good thing I have to say is my family & I didn't get murdered... Our room was so tiny, the beds were literally against the walls & AC unit. It wasn't much bigger than the bathroom. My husband and I are roughly 6' tall and our feet hung of the end of our bed the whole night. The floors weren't carpeted, and our socks were filty by the time we left. Not only would I not bathe my young children there, if there were even a bathtub for them sit in, but that wasn't an option. There was only a tiny standup shower, not kid friendly, and the was a ball of hair underneath the shower curtain. To top off our awesome stay, we left early the next morning to find the parking lot filled with ambulances and police cars...on a Tuesday night!!

Speaking from experiece...Keep driving and spend a little extra elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear ChicaJo - We apologize for the comfort and floor cleanliness issues you encountered during your stay. Thank you for writing your review, and please also contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Arlington, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were traveling with our two children (1 & 15 years old). When we first pulled up to our room, we noticed a couple who sat in their car and watched us as we took our luggage in, etc. This sent off a red flag to my husband but I just remained watchful. There were shady characters hanging around and going into rooms which further concerned me. The rooms are very small. This is not an updated motel 6. Also we did encounter 2 roaches. The bathroom had a foul smell and it appeared to be dried blood on the bottom of the bathroom door. We were tired so we didn't complain, we were only there to stop over on our way to Atlanta. We only paid $39 with tax and stuff. Only stay here if you have no choice & you cant make it to Birmingham.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not what I expected it to be. First night found pubic hairs and stains on sheets, next day the maid had the nerve to ask me to clean/mop my own room..i had to pick up my own trash and give it to them and laundry, and put trash bags in trash, they never had enough clean towels, the beds were horribley stained, the maids also let a boy named justin who was about 10 or 11 go into customers rooms and clean and be in the rooms alone, the new maid was suppose to mop and sweep my room and never did, first desk ladies seem to never past information along to day shift nor to managwr, ever day we stayed there (we paid advance for a week) someone would try to sell us drugs we would report it and the police nor secruity was ever called and the one guy was still there after i reported it to the front desk, i was in the pool with my children and another female and her daughter and a black male stood at the pool gate smoking weed watching us females swim we felt unsafe that was the day my husband decided that was the last day of staying after me personally asking the night secruity guard was he notified and he stated no. I also had a problem along with my husband having to deal with the rude 2 front desk ladies on giving us a refund my husband recored the converstation they were ignoring my husband even after asking for a refund (24/hour notice) we left at 12:00 am due to the rude desk lady that we heard got fired she kept threating to call the police bc we were asking for a refund. We stay at several hotels i can honestly say we will never again stay here. We also first rime we even asked for a room stated we would be staying there for 2 weeks we needed a micwave and fidge we never got one until 9 dayslater and we knew other new custmoers receievd one even after checking in days after us we were very upset about this. I put in a call to the manager to the first desk to at least get our night back that we didnt stay there and he has not returned my phone call. I am not pleased at all with our visit i had todrive 2 childerburg that night to find another hotelbecuase of all the nonsense we dealt with and i have 4 small children one is even a 1 year old i still can not believe all we went through.

• Stayed June 2013
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This room was no where near what we paid for it. The bed was awful and didn't get much rest. The room was not all that clean. This Motel 6 has not seen any updates in years if at all. The keycard didn't work well and the door looked as if someone had tried to break in and the evidence of it had been painted over. I would not recommend this one at all!

Room Tip: Don't go in there!