“Interesting stay at this motel 6” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Tuscaloosa
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4700 Mcfarland Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405   |
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Arlington, Texas
“Interesting stay at this motel 6”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were traveling with our two children (1 & 15 years old). When we first pulled up to our room, we noticed a couple who sat in their car and watched us as we took our luggage in, etc. This sent off a red flag to my husband but I just remained watchful. There were shady characters hanging around and going into rooms which further concerned me. The rooms are very small. This is not an updated motel 6. Also we did encounter 2 roaches. The bathroom had a foul smell and it appeared to be dried blood on the bottom of the bathroom door. We were tired so we didn't complain, we were only there to stop over on our way to Atlanta. We only paid $39 with tax and stuff. Only stay here if you have no choice & you cant make it to Birmingham.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not what I expected it to be. First night found pubic hairs and stains on sheets, next day the maid had the nerve to ask me to clean/mop my own room..i had to pick up my own trash and give it to them and laundry, and put trash bags in trash, they never had enough clean towels, the beds were horribley stained, the maids also let a boy named justin who was about 10 or 11 go into customers rooms and clean and be in the rooms alone, the new maid was suppose to mop and sweep my room and never did, first desk ladies seem to never past information along to day shift nor to managwr, ever day we stayed there (we paid advance for a week) someone would try to sell us drugs we would report it and the police nor secruity was ever called and the one guy was still there after i reported it to the front desk, i was in the pool with my children and another female and her daughter and a black male stood at the pool gate smoking weed watching us females swim we felt unsafe that was the day my husband decided that was the last day of staying after me personally asking the night secruity guard was he notified and he stated no. I also had a problem along with my husband having to deal with the rude 2 front desk ladies on giving us a refund my husband recored the converstation they were ignoring my husband even after asking for a refund (24/hour notice) we left at 12:00 am due to the rude desk lady that we heard got fired she kept threating to call the police bc we were asking for a refund. We stay at several hotels i can honestly say we will never again stay here. We also first rime we even asked for a room stated we would be staying there for 2 weeks we needed a micwave and fidge we never got one until 9 dayslater and we knew other new custmoers receievd one even after checking in days after us we were very upset about this. I put in a call to the manager to the first desk to at least get our night back that we didnt stay there and he has not returned my phone call. I am not pleased at all with our visit i had todrive 2 childerburg that night to find another hotelbecuase of all the nonsense we dealt with and i have 4 small children one is even a 1 year old i still can not believe all we went through.

• Stayed June 2013
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This room was no where near what we paid for it. The bed was awful and didn't get much rest. The room was not all that clean. This Motel 6 has not seen any updates in years if at all. The keycard didn't work well and the door looked as if someone had tried to break in and the evidence of it had been painted over. I would not recommend this one at all!

Room Tip: Don't go in there!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Security guard does rounds. Bathroom wasn't clean. I would have paid 28 dollars for the room. Not worth 45 at all. But, if you are falling asleep its not a bad place to crash, cheapest in the area. 200 characters are necessary for a review ?

• Stayed June 2013
Kennesaw
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

First the Front Desk agent never got up out of her chair to aid me with the Check-in process. I found this to be rude - even though she was just nice! The room had dead bugs in the window, the room smelled of bug spray, there were dust balls all over the floor. According to the card the room was recently cleaned by the housekeeper - poor job. The bathroom smelled worse than the sleeping area. There was no iron or board or use. The TV did not meet the standard of the "upgraded multiple channels" as advertised in the lobby. The room door was very difficult to open. The bed had a swag in it that looked like an elephant slept on that side of the bed only. When you look at it you are paying less than $50.00 for the sleeze bag. I should have stayed at the LaQuinta up the street and got my company's Corp Rate but i was trying to save some $ while traveling. The night before this I stayed in a Super 8 in "po dunk mississippi" that was cleaner than this.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lawrenceville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Front desk person was very rude. I stopped before dark and the front door was locked. I went to the window and had to yell several times before I could get her attention. When I asked why the front door was locked so early she replied she did not like people in her face. I contacted the corporate office and received a form reply that they would look into this. Even though my company receives a discount I would rather pay more as I have had several bad experiences at Motel 6.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Paju, South Korea
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have spent the last two weeks driving around America. I needed a room to stay at as we were making our way through Alabama. I didn't expect much from a motel in Alabama, and the Motel 6 Tuscaloosa didn't disappoint.

I proceeded to the lobby and met a drunk guest complaining about his phone. The receptionist was friendly. I paid for three rooms. When I entered the room with my wife and two babies, I was very upset at the condition of the room. I don't expect Motel 6 to be perfect as it is a bargain hotel chain, however I do expect some iota of upkeep.

The doors had what looked like Dexter-style yellow splatter on them (inside). The shower was awful and sprayed water in all directions. My bed was broken. The box springs were destroyed. I guess an elephant stayed there the night before.

In the morning, I was happily awakened to the sound of rap music with LOUD bass being blasted from a hoopty. At 8am. The receptionist happily asked for my email so that they can regain their coveted #1 ranking. Exactly what ranking is that? Being the best Motel 6 in Tuscaloosa? If they want to improve, I would suggest bulldozing the site and starting over with new management and a few hundred SWAT team cops.

Avoid this motel unless you enjoy being disappointed and a little frightened.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!