“Don't Go in There” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
San Antonio, Texas
“Don't Go in There”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This room was no where near what we paid for it. The bed was awful and didn't get much rest. The room was not all that clean. This Motel 6 has not seen any updates in years if at all. The keycard didn't work well and the door looked as if someone had tried to break in and the evidence of it had been painted over. I would not recommend this one at all!

Room Tip: Don't go in there!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Security guard does rounds. Bathroom wasn't clean. I would have paid 28 dollars for the room. Not worth 45 at all. But, if you are falling asleep its not a bad place to crash, cheapest in the area. 200 characters are necessary for a review ?

• Stayed June 2013
Kennesaw
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

First the Front Desk agent never got up out of her chair to aid me with the Check-in process. I found this to be rude - even though she was just nice! The room had dead bugs in the window, the room smelled of bug spray, there were dust balls all over the floor. According to the card the room was recently cleaned by the housekeeper - poor job. The bathroom smelled worse than the sleeping area. There was no iron or board or use. The TV did not meet the standard of the "upgraded multiple channels" as advertised in the lobby. The room door was very difficult to open. The bed had a swag in it that looked like an elephant slept on that side of the bed only. When you look at it you are paying less than $50.00 for the sleeze bag. I should have stayed at the LaQuinta up the street and got my company's Corp Rate but i was trying to save some $ while traveling. The night before this I stayed in a Super 8 in "po dunk mississippi" that was cleaner than this.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lawrenceville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Front desk person was very rude. I stopped before dark and the front door was locked. I went to the window and had to yell several times before I could get her attention. When I asked why the front door was locked so early she replied she did not like people in her face. I contacted the corporate office and received a form reply that they would look into this. Even though my company receives a discount I would rather pay more as I have had several bad experiences at Motel 6.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Paju, South Korea
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have spent the last two weeks driving around America. I needed a room to stay at as we were making our way through Alabama. I didn't expect much from a motel in Alabama, and the Motel 6 Tuscaloosa didn't disappoint.

I proceeded to the lobby and met a drunk guest complaining about his phone. The receptionist was friendly. I paid for three rooms. When I entered the room with my wife and two babies, I was very upset at the condition of the room. I don't expect Motel 6 to be perfect as it is a bargain hotel chain, however I do expect some iota of upkeep.

The doors had what looked like Dexter-style yellow splatter on them (inside). The shower was awful and sprayed water in all directions. My bed was broken. The box springs were destroyed. I guess an elephant stayed there the night before.

In the morning, I was happily awakened to the sound of rap music with LOUD bass being blasted from a hoopty. At 8am. The receptionist happily asked for my email so that they can regain their coveted #1 ranking. Exactly what ranking is that? Being the best Motel 6 in Tuscaloosa? If they want to improve, I would suggest bulldozing the site and starting over with new management and a few hundred SWAT team cops.

Avoid this motel unless you enjoy being disappointed and a little frightened.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tuscaloosa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed at this motel for almost a week. The staff was always friendly and helpful. Come by everyday and asked if I needed any towels or anything. Clean motel for what you pay for. Yes, it is a party town on the weekends but otherwise very quiet. I would stay at this motel again. No compliants from me. I would like to say Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stopped here because I was falling asleep at the wheel. Just needed a place to sleep. For the price it was at least as good as others I been to. They did have wi-fi but it was not free. The bed was typical Motel 6, not comfortable but clean. I did ask for the handicap room, which may have been a little better than others. The tv was small but it had 2 HBO channels and Showtime. I shower was clean and hot and the coffee in the morning was pretty good. If you just need a place to sleep and you are on a budget, this is not a bad choice.

Room Tip: Get the handicap room if it is available.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!