“Rude” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Front desk person was very rude. I stopped before dark and the front door was locked. I went to the window and had to yell several times before I could get her attention. When I asked why the front door was locked so early she replied she did not like people in her face. I contacted the corporate office and received a form reply that they would look into this. Even though my company receives a discount I would rather pay more as I have had several bad experiences at Motel 6.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Paju, South Korea
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have spent the last two weeks driving around America. I needed a room to stay at as we were making our way through Alabama. I didn't expect much from a motel in Alabama, and the Motel 6 Tuscaloosa didn't disappoint.

I proceeded to the lobby and met a drunk guest complaining about his phone. The receptionist was friendly. I paid for three rooms. When I entered the room with my wife and two babies, I was very upset at the condition of the room. I don't expect Motel 6 to be perfect as it is a bargain hotel chain, however I do expect some iota of upkeep.

The doors had what looked like Dexter-style yellow splatter on them (inside). The shower was awful and sprayed water in all directions. My bed was broken. The box springs were destroyed. I guess an elephant stayed there the night before.

In the morning, I was happily awakened to the sound of rap music with LOUD bass being blasted from a hoopty. At 8am. The receptionist happily asked for my email so that they can regain their coveted #1 ranking. Exactly what ranking is that? Being the best Motel 6 in Tuscaloosa? If they want to improve, I would suggest bulldozing the site and starting over with new management and a few hundred SWAT team cops.

Avoid this motel unless you enjoy being disappointed and a little frightened.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tuscaloosa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed at this motel for almost a week. The staff was always friendly and helpful. Come by everyday and asked if I needed any towels or anything. Clean motel for what you pay for. Yes, it is a party town on the weekends but otherwise very quiet. I would stay at this motel again. No compliants from me. I would like to say Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stopped here because I was falling asleep at the wheel. Just needed a place to sleep. For the price it was at least as good as others I been to. They did have wi-fi but it was not free. The bed was typical Motel 6, not comfortable but clean. I did ask for the handicap room, which may have been a little better than others. The tv was small but it had 2 HBO channels and Showtime. I shower was clean and hot and the coffee in the morning was pretty good. If you just need a place to sleep and you are on a budget, this is not a bad choice.

Room Tip: Get the handicap room if it is available.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Girl at front desk was very nice but the condition of the room wasn't. Room smelled like urine; water was very cold; lights next to bed didn't work! I eill br contacting the Alabama Department of Public Health about the water! You've been warned!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I needed a place to rest during a recent road trip. This Motel 6 location was convenient to the major highway and was priced around $40. Though the price was quite economical, the room was rather basic. As a matter of fact, the hot water did not work in the bathroom faucet so I used water from the shower when needed. I also killed a couple of bugs during my stay. The room served my purpose for a brief overnight stay, but I may have thought twice about staying here if it was a longer stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Needles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

It's not horrible by any stretch of the imagination, but I would not recommend this property unless you are traveling with pets. It is increasingly difficult to find motels or hotels in Tuscaloosa that accept pets, so this narrowed it down to the Motel 6 for us. The hotel is located on McFarland Blvd. close to several other hotels. There are lots of fast food restaurants nearby, including a Chili's Restaurant. The Super WalMart is also within walking distance. The hotel does have laundry facilities which makes this somewhat appealing after traveling to get some laundry done. The rooms have a dirty feel to them, since they have an obvious wooden floor. I did not like it. The hotel seems to attract some late night partyiers. Again, not terrible, it just wouldn't be my first choice of places to stay in Tuscaloosa unless traveling with pets.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!