“You get what you pay for......” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Tuscaloosa
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4700 Mcfarland Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405   |
Ranked #30 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
Huntsville, Alabama
“You get what you pay for......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

If you are only looking for a place to lay down and go to sleep for a few hours then the price is right. $45 for two and a queen bed but the price is about all that is good. We were unfortunate enough to stay here during graduation weekend for University of Alabama and checking in late the poor guy at the registration desk was by himself, having problems with his computer and seemed like he had just guzzled a 6 pack of 5 hour energy drinks. The clerk told us one room number but wrote another on the key envelope and unfortunately the key did not work in either room and both rooms were hard to find. The room itself was roughly the size of a prison cell and no carpet, a very small tv set and an A/C unit that didn't get the room cool till well into the night. I have to use a CPAP machine and the only electrical outlet was by the door and luckily my power cord reached the bed. Just a grungy place all around. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

This motel has been part refreshed and the rooms are clean & comfortable, but as with so many Motel 6's, it is in a noisy location, so take your ear plugs.

Room Tip: Request a room at the rear for a quieter room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Not a safe room at all. The lock on the door was a joke. Guest service is not a priority, bed was not made for 3 days, dirty towels were picked up daily, clean towels were thrown on the unmade bed. One towel only in a room with 2 adults. On our second day no towels were left at all, called front desk and told that there were not enough towels ready and the cleaning staff had to get off the clock and we could go to the front desk to get them if we wanted them. Shower was way too small even for a small woman and the entire bathroom floor was wet when you finished.
This is not a place I would stay again, even though the price was low it was a pretty awful place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011 via mobile

The whole property is filthy nasty and trashy.. The people that are staying inthe rooms are scary.. Cops were in and out all night.. They even have a security guard on duty! It's that bad.. The felt like I was in the ghetto! Stay away. The a/c was very noisy when it cycles on and off.. Old units.

• Stayed August 2011
Fort Payne, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband's father passed away and we were in from Northern Alabama. We pull up at this hotel and it looked okay in the daylight but when it got dark this place turned into a living nightmare. My children 9 and 10 got ate up with flea bites. My 10 year old got bit 78 times. There were roaches on the walls also. I never knew he was getting ate up like this until he started showing me bugs up in the legs of his pants. There were so many prostitutes, drug addicts, and other shady people at this hotel just hanging around in the parking lot. I was so afraid that our vehicle would be broken into to. My husband left and I was there with the kids and 4 different times someone tried opening my door to my room. There were dents in the steel doors! After about 2 hours in this nightmare hotel I packed my stuff, and told my family to take off running to our vehicle. People were yelling and cussing and i didn't know what to do. Later on we came back and demanded our money be refunded. We got the refund after my husband threatened to call the police. People don't just stay here for one night, they live here. Prostitutes and pimps along with drug addicts work out of this hotel. We went right down the road to the Super 8 and it was so much better. In my life I have been scared beyond beleif 2 times and this was one of those times. Don't ever stay here please it is NOT safe! It is really dirty also. Feces on comode seat, no tolietries, no towels, no coffee pot, no fridge, no NOTHING. Once again PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IT IS DANGEROUS IN MANY WAYS.....spend $24 extra dollars and go to the Super 8 right down the road!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011 via mobile

This hotel was disgusting! Roaches in room, pubic hair in shower.....a lot of it to, shady people. We left and went to super motel 8 much much better! Motel 6 should be free to sleep in. Right when I got there I got asked for money, cigarettes, being stared and pointed at by scary men, prostitutes walking around......HORRIBLE

• Stayed June 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011 via mobile

Terrible showed up . Went to put grocerys away there was rotting chicken in the fridge and a gallon of spoiled milk . We were paying 220 a week then the massive tornado hit and they wanted to charge me almost 500 a week. Told the clerk to get bent. Also roaches Omg never seen so many

• Stayed April 2011

Been to Motel 6 Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!