“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

America's Best Value Inn Tuscaloosa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 McFarland Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, AL 35611   |
Ranked #27 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
Northport, Alabama
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Overall this is not a bad hotel. The first night we checked in they gave us a single bed when I had asked for a double. We were so tired we didn't even unload the car we all just piled onto one bed and crashed. The next day we got up and got a double bed room. They put us in a smoking room that smelled like mildew even though I specifically asked for a non-smoking room (later that day someone was shampooing the carpet in the mildewed room). They switched me to a non-smoking double bed room. While a bit annoying to switch rooms at least the staff was willing to fix the problems.

The breakfast was not what was pictured in the photos, there was only bread, jelly, danishes in a bag (disgusting) and apple juice (they were out of orange juice.) The beds sit on home made 2x6 frames, but it works just fine. Other than the room with a mildew smell the hotel did seem clean although there were several cosmetic things that needed fixed like loose tiles, a broken hanger, and a bathroom door that locks on its own (which the staff has no way to unlock by the way.)

This was by no means a high end hotel, and that's not what you pay for. It is however a clean comfortable and affordable place to stay. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top deck on the side facing Gander Mountain are the best.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Midwest City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Disgusting does not begin to describe it!!!!! Hotels were filled due to a camp so we gave it a shot!! Checked in, crept into the nasty moldy bathroom with wet slimy, sticky floors and closed our eyes to use the facilities. An added bonus was the toilet paper holder falling out of the wall. Wore our shoes and hoodies to lay on the beds. We did not want the covers touching us. Pulled the soiled chair in front of the door for added protection and discovered a filthy little assortment of cold sore cream, used make up and dirt. We laid across the bed for about 30 min. and I asked my family..."who would rather sleep in the car" We all jumped up like we were going to Disneyworld and high tailed it out of there!!!!! We found a nice hotel at midnight with one king bed and the whole family squeezed in that bed with not one complaint. I did not even stop for a refund at the other place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was just travelling through Tuscaloosa,AL so i stop to this hotel. The price was medium range so do thee hotel was. No problem during check-in easy and fast. Room was cleaned as i was expected and everything looks good. Huge motel but quiet area. Great restaurant in front which recently open.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Douglasville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

There was human feces in the bathroom mold in the tub sink was dirty flors had not been vacurmed the TV didn't work and no towels in the room was digusting!!!! house cleaning did not speak english They offered to bring me cleaner so I could clean the room myself. There was not a manager on duty!! When I try to call the Onwer he preteds to be someone else! I would not recommend any one stay here!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gulf Shores, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Housekeeping Beat Our Door so hard at EIGHT AM, We thought we were being broken into (we had a Do Not Disturb Sign On Our Door).
Sheets did not stay on the mattress. AC Worked Good. ABC Store Across the street, waffle house in the parking lot, and shrimp basket is in front as well.
It's what we needed for game weekend, nothing more.
A lady helped me on the phone for checkin she was above and beyond nice. The rest of the staff was nice as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here like four times and it's perfect for me, my room was clean and i had a mini fridge and a microwave, cable tv, hot water and free wifi and everything worked perfect,
Friendly staff, convenient parking, room in good condition, Restaurants close by,
i did not feel unsafe. The hotel staff was very helpful and made me feel very secure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Horrid! Ratchet!

Please please please never stay at America's Best Value Inn! It maybe a value but best it is certainly not! I was in town for the weekend getting my daughter settled in school and this was the only hotel available. I reserved 3 nights but i could only stomach 1 night. My room was horrible it looked like the remnants of murderous crime scene. The lamps were lopsided, dirty and had no bulbs. The so called sofa-bed was just an old dingy chair and ottoman.  The floor was covered with brown spots and the bathtub was covered with brown thick crud! I requested a non smoking room but front deck stated they couldn't guarantee that no one had smoked in the room. Of course when i entered the so call non smoking room it reeked of smoke and there were cigarette burns/holes on the comforter. And to top it off America's Best would not give me a refund on the remaining 2 nights.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to America's Best Value Inn Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!