“Disgusting – dirty, bugs, smells, A RIP OFF!” 1 of 5 stars

Masters Inn Tuscaloosa
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3600 McFarland Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405   |
Ranked #31 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Disgusting – dirty, bugs, smells, A RIP OFF!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

DON'T DO IT - DRIVE IF YOU HAVE TO

Family weekend at Alabama,what a piece of crap this place is!

The room smells of urine and cigarets. I killed a number of bugs, the chairs in the room were so disgusting it looked like people used them for toilets. No bulbs in the lights (maybe that was a good thing). The owner told us that he was cleaning it up - obviously he has not started yet and most likely never will - what a hole. Over priced because he can- NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms _ Find another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for three weeks due to my husband and other guys working in Tuscaloosa. The owner kept charging different rates each night and week. Would tell us one price and change it the next day. Most of housekeeping had attitudes and the front desk. People would ask is if we wanted to buy drugs or other things. Can only be outside after 9 pm if go to back of hotel. I also watched the owner enter 7 rooms while people were not in them. Don't like that at all. As for the pool... the pump broke and took a week to fix and couldn't even get a discount. This place is not clean. Sheets and all were stained. Will not stay there again. Better hotels for the same price are around. We left and found a better place.

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Walking into the room it smelled like smoke and body odor! There was blood all over the sheets and pillows, holes in thecomforter also when's pulled the comforter back there were cockroaches all over the bed! The toilet had not been flushed for god knows how long.and worst of all there was a pile of poop on our floor under a chair! Men were knocking on our door and security was gone! For our money back and went somewhere else!!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We been here three weeks. The room is clean and the maids are very nice. Only one office lady is nice others are rude. If your a lady you have to worrie about the men messing with ya. Ppl coming up begging for money or try n get you go around back with them. It's loud I mean loud ppl screaming getting drunk kids running n screaming. Can't get no sleep. You can hear the next door room when they having sexual relations. Some days there to many taking a shower so there for you have to wait till 10 at night to get yours. Then our tv is messed up I have called many times and there response was we have no more tvs I ask for another room and just get put off about it. Then when you go to the office to use wifi you listen to the workers fussing about the guest fussing.. Well what the hell?? Fix the rooms!!! If you can put up with all that this is the place for you. Ps we are in the back building for we are up here working. Idk how just over night stays are.

• Stayed January 2013
Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We had already booked our room when I read the reviews. I was concerned after reading the reviews. We needed a place to stay for the night after a Alabama football game. Every thing else in town was booked up. The lady at the front desk was very nice. We entered our room armed with a can of Lysol. The room was clean. The furnishings were ancient. The bedding was clean but stained. The pillows were as flat as pancakes. Although the room was clean, you can't see germs so we sprayed everything with Lysol. It seemed most of the rooms around us were booked by Alabama football fans so we had no worrys during the night. But definetly not a place we would have stayed if something else had been avaliable. For $91 for a one night stay I expect better.

• Stayed September 2012
Hoover, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Honestly, I was just looking for a place to stay, not looking for something nice. This was that. The sheets had clearly been used...a lot. They may have been clean, but they looked dirty (spots everywhere) and I decided it'd be better to sleep on top of the other sheets. There was some water damage in the room, but it was dry and didn't really affect my stay. Otherwise, the room was decent, the TV worked, and the air condition worked.

As far as the location, it's not a terrible location, but I can see not feeling safe at all here. It's actually not a terrible place.

Room Tip: I don't think one room or another is particularly better than the rest- this is a "I have t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cedartown, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

my 15 year old daughter and i was here for volley ball camp i booked the motel on line thinking it was nice by looking at the pictures we checked in late so really didnt know what we got until i pulled up the lady was nice but she put me and my daughter in the very back up stairs men hanging out in front of our door and in the parking lot the room smelled i was scared to sit on the bed the fire alarm was beeping so i was going to call the front desk the phone didnt work by then my daughter was tripping and i didnt feel safe the security guard was to come check my room so i can get my money back he didnt knock he pushed the door open only thing holding the door was a chain need to say i got my money back now laying in a nice bed and i feel very safe now people dont waste your money pictures lie its a dump...........

Room Tip: condem this place
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Masters Inn Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!