“Great Value,, great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Centerstone Inn

Save Saved
You added Centerstone Inn to your Saves list
Centerstone Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4700 Doris Pate Drive, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
“Great Value,, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was my second stay at the Centerstone Inn in one month's time. I had short notice to make plans for this trip, and was disappointed that they were sold out for my first night's stay. After spending one night in a competing motel, at 50% greater rate per night, with lesser amenities, I called back to The , which now had vacancies, so I checked out of the other motel and into The Centerstone at short notice. Front Desk very accomodating, and friendly. This is now the first place I call when lookng for a room in Tuscaloosa!

Room Tip: No fitness center, just an outdoor pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Franklin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Very clean, quiet and comfortable. Price was $69 for two double beds. I haven't had breakfast yet, but I like that it will be ready at 5:00. I like to get on the road early. Cracker Barrel next door is convenient.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Once the night receptionist who didn't want to do her job checked us in it was great. She would much rather eat Cracker Barrel than check anyone in. It was like pulling teeth on the phone when booking the room that night. Since I asked her for a crib she got slightly annoyed and for a minute and I thought she wouldn't get it after i had just called and booked the room because they had a crib. Therefore, check in was much longer than it should have been with two small children. The morning staff were nothing but friendly and helpful though! (Which made up for the night before) The rooms were much cleaner than past hotels, and I will stay here in the future. Just hope that girl isn't working when we check in.

• Stayed April 2013
LONDON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here for one night and found the room very comfortable. The lady at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. The room was large, and the beds were comfortable, aside from the fact that the bed I was sleeping in sloped down toward the middle. This would have been more of an issue if 2 people were sleeping in the bed. There were a couple of nasty stains on one of the bedspreads, which was not appealing, but the rest of the room and bathroom seemed clean and we heard no noise from any other areas in the hotel. I had difficulty accessing the wifi from our room, ( I might have been doing something wrong), so I went down to the lobby to use their computer. It seemed very slow, and when I mentioned this to the front desk clerk, she suggested I use Google Chrome instead of the other program I was trying to use to access my e-mail, and this worked really well.
The breakfast was adequate, although it would have been nice to have some fresh fruit. Both the regular and decaf coffee urns ran out, but the fellow at the front desk (who also seemed to be looking after the breakfast room) tried to fill them as quickly as possible.
We found it a bit tricky accessing the road to this hotel, but after 3 tries, we finally arrived there. We could see the hotel, but the road getting into it was a bit confusing with other roads right beside it.
For the price we paid, we felt we got a fairly good deal, considering we just wanted a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Use Google Chrome when accessing e-mail, etc. It is much faster!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I've actually stayed here quite a few times when traveling through Tuscaloosa. Traveling all over the southeast as a lineman I've stayed at some of the fanciest hotels to the ones where you had to stress you didn't wanna pay by the hour and hold the roaches. This place is amazing huge pillows on the bed which are amazing after a hard day. Won't break you in the pocketbook. Clean as a whistle, breakfast every morning
And cookies everynight. The staff is more than sweet and accommodating especially the GM Elizabeth. I absolutely will be staying here whenever I'm a hundred miles from tuscaloosa. Just makes you feel at home and like family.

• Stayed February 2013
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed at the Centerstone while we were in town for the Ironbowl.Check in was quick,front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. Being from out of town we did not know the area at all.Desk staff recommended restaurants, tips on parking for the game and offered to let us park at hotel after ck.out and take transportation to game.
Room was clean , beds were comfortable and had an encasement over mattress which is nice to see.Breakfast was as good as any chain we have stayed at.Lots of seating,everything was well stocked as there was an attendent and fresh.
If ever in area again we would certainly stay here and would recommend the Centerstone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Somewhere Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel. Very friendly staff, decent breakfast, large comfortable rooms, good cable, safe location. Our pets were welcome, and there were several other families with pets but we heard no noise from other rooms.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Centerstone Inn? Share your experiences!