“Excellent service, great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Home-Towne Suites Tuscaloosa

Orbitz.com Expedia.com
Home-Towne Suites Tuscaloosa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1650 Veterans Memorial Pkwy, 15th Street East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35404   |
Ranked #18 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
Clearwater, Florida
“Excellent service, great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago and I could not be more surprised at how great our stay was. Before I made a reservation I had looked at all of the bad reviews on Trip Advisor but most of the other hotels in Tuscaloosa within our price range were sold out. When we arrived at the hotel, the girl who checked us in was very friendly and welcoming. The young lady';s name was Jennie and while checking in we asked her about kid-friendly restaurants in town. She gave us several recommendation along with a map that gave us directions. My husband mentioned that the restaurants all sounded great and he wasn't sure which one to choose. After we got settled into our room, we heard a knock on the door. Jennie had actually taken the time to print menus off-including kids menus- from the restaurants she recommended to help us make a decision about where to eat. We travel A LOT because of my husband's work, and we have never experienced such a personal level of service. The entire staff was great with our kids and the continental breakfast in the morning was very convenient. We will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We came to Tuscaloosa for a family reunion, and chose Home Town Suites for the reasonable prices and full kitchens!!! We arrived a little early around 1pm, and the GM (Mrs. Phyllis Wheats) was able to accommodate us with an early check-in. Upon entering the room I noticed a great attention to detail, and very well maintained! The location was fantastic, and centrally located. We will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 4 night the week of 8/19/203.. I arrived a little after lunch time and my room was ready early so they let me check in. Not to my surprise the room was nice in cold in this hot weather. The furnishing are very clean and well cared for. The continental breakfast is good. Fresh fruit and biscuits, yogurt, cereal and breads. The staff is very accommodating and always upbeat. The housekeeping crew makes the beds and cleans the rooms everyday, even in extended stays. (I have had the housekeepers only clean once a week for extended stays in other hotels). I would recommend this property to all of my business associates and friends for the great price, and comfort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed this weekend to bring our son to the University of Alabama. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Everyone greeted our family with a smile. Our room was clean and comfortable. We didn't need anything but the staff was readily available to us. We will be back!

Room Tip: This property has two room options with two bathrooms. This is wonderful for families with children...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Glenview, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here for my daughters move in at UA. The room was filthy, had no hot water, no toilet paper. There were even torn up cooked hot dogs in the stairwells. We called the front desk and were bumped to Columbus Ohio. There was no communication between the staff and the front desk. The room smelled terribly of cigarette smoke. This place is a dive.

Room Tip: Do not book a room here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HTS000, General Manager at Home-Towne Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for letting us know of your experience while a guest of our Home-Towne Suites in Tuscaloosa, AL. I apologize we did not meet your expectations, and would like to speak with you further regarding your stay with us. Our hotel has recently undergone some management changes, and we are taking immediate actions to improve the hotel operations, striving for the “preferred” hotel of choice in the Tuscaloosa area.

We hope that you will visit us again in the near future, and I look forward to speaking with you. Please contact me at 205-553-3828.

Again, Thank you for your feedback, as it is through guests like you that allow us to improve our operations.

Hampton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I typically stay here when I come home for a visit. They were always my first choice, but after this last visit, NEVER AGAIN!!! I checked in at almost midnight and the desk person had to go find a cart for me to transport my luggage and other belongings upstairs. After finally getting settled in and falling to sleep I am awaken by housekeeping sounding like they are trying to break into my room. There was a do not disturb sign on my door, which the lady took off and threw on the floor. When I get to the door she says, Good morning ma'am. What time are you checking out?" I said," I just checked in and am not scheduled to check out for a week". She politely apologized and left. The front desk then calls to ask what time I am checking out. I explained again to her that I was scheduled to stay for a week. The front desk person is telling me she has me scheduled to check out today. I am now livid, that I must be inconvenienced by getting out of bed and take my paperwork to the front desk. I proceed to show her my confirmation reservation paperwork, that I was booked to stay for a week. I had to tell her to pull my original paperwork from my check- in, and check it against what she had in her hand, which she should have done when she called, and I told her I wasn't scheduled to check out. This obviously made the desk attendant angry because she had to reverse the charges on my credit card, which she did not do happily. Again I get more attitude and reasons why I should let her charge me for today and charge the other part when I check out.

My room was dirty, so much so that when I had maintenance come in he stated, " They didn't clean this room before you checked-in." There was stains on the wall, the shower head was broken and hanging off the wall. When I made my reservations it said a DVD player was in the room. When I discovered there wasn't one I called the front desk. Instead of happily obliging my request to have maintenance bring me a DVD player, again the front desk attendant tried to get me to change rooms. I repeatedly refused. She then tried to convince me that all rooms don't have DVD players. After a long conversation and me telling her according to my reservation confirmation, I should have a DVD player. She finally exhaled deeply and said," let me see what I can find".

The floor in the hallway by the elevator was constantly wet from the washing machines leaking. The elevator sounded as if it were going to breakdown at any moment. It is in desperate need of repair.

I now know why they had such great rates! If you don't care about service and the type of accommodations you pay for then this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We thought we reserved a nice suite while dropping off our daughter at U of A, but it turned out to be an absolutely TERRIBLE experience. Instead of a suite we were given the nasty studio rooms. The floors were dirty, the chairs gross, no toilet paper, bugs in the room. I can't tell you how embarrassed I was to have brought my family here.

I complained to the front desk, but they offered no resolution other than to hand me 2 rolls of toilet paper. All I can do is tell everyone to avoid this pit. I'll be checking out 2 days early because I can't stand it for any price.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Phyllis

Been to Home-Towne Suites Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!