“Great stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Home-Towne Suites Tuscaloosa

Save Saved
You added Home-Towne Suites Tuscaloosa to your Saves list
Home-Towne Suites Tuscaloosa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1650 Veterans Memorial Pkwy, 15th Street East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35404   |
Ranked #23 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed this weekend to bring our son to the University of Alabama. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Everyone greeted our family with a smile. Our room was clean and comfortable. We didn't need anything but the staff was readily available to us. We will be back!

Room Tip: This property has two room options with two bathrooms. This is wonderful for families with children...

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Glenview, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here for my daughters move in at UA. The room was filthy, had no hot water, no toilet paper. There were even torn up cooked hot dogs in the stairwells. We called the front desk and were bumped to Columbus Ohio. There was no communication between the staff and the front desk. The room smelled terribly of cigarette smoke. This place is a dive.

Room Tip: Do not book a room here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HTS000, General Manager at Home-Towne Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for letting us know of your experience while a guest of our Home-Towne Suites in Tuscaloosa, AL. I apologize we did not meet your expectations, and would like to speak with you further regarding your stay with us. Our hotel has recently undergone some management changes, and we are taking immediate actions to improve the hotel operations, striving for the “preferred” hotel of choice in the Tuscaloosa area.

We hope that you will visit us again in the near future, and I look forward to speaking with you. Please contact me at 205-553-3828.

Again, Thank you for your feedback, as it is through guests like you that allow us to improve our operations.

Hampton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I typically stay here when I come home for a visit. They were always my first choice, but after this last visit, NEVER AGAIN!!! I checked in at almost midnight and the desk person had to go find a cart for me to transport my luggage and other belongings upstairs. After finally getting settled in and falling to sleep I am awaken by housekeeping sounding like they are trying to break into my room. There was a do not disturb sign on my door, which the lady took off and threw on the floor. When I get to the door she says, Good morning ma'am. What time are you checking out?" I said," I just checked in and am not scheduled to check out for a week". She politely apologized and left. The front desk then calls to ask what time I am checking out. I explained again to her that I was scheduled to stay for a week. The front desk person is telling me she has me scheduled to check out today. I am now livid, that I must be inconvenienced by getting out of bed and take my paperwork to the front desk. I proceed to show her my confirmation reservation paperwork, that I was booked to stay for a week. I had to tell her to pull my original paperwork from my check- in, and check it against what she had in her hand, which she should have done when she called, and I told her I wasn't scheduled to check out. This obviously made the desk attendant angry because she had to reverse the charges on my credit card, which she did not do happily. Again I get more attitude and reasons why I should let her charge me for today and charge the other part when I check out.

My room was dirty, so much so that when I had maintenance come in he stated, " They didn't clean this room before you checked-in." There was stains on the wall, the shower head was broken and hanging off the wall. When I made my reservations it said a DVD player was in the room. When I discovered there wasn't one I called the front desk. Instead of happily obliging my request to have maintenance bring me a DVD player, again the front desk attendant tried to get me to change rooms. I repeatedly refused. She then tried to convince me that all rooms don't have DVD players. After a long conversation and me telling her according to my reservation confirmation, I should have a DVD player. She finally exhaled deeply and said," let me see what I can find".

The floor in the hallway by the elevator was constantly wet from the washing machines leaking. The elevator sounded as if it were going to breakdown at any moment. It is in desperate need of repair.

I now know why they had such great rates! If you don't care about service and the type of accommodations you pay for then this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We thought we reserved a nice suite while dropping off our daughter at U of A, but it turned out to be an absolutely TERRIBLE experience. Instead of a suite we were given the nasty studio rooms. The floors were dirty, the chairs gross, no toilet paper, bugs in the room. I can't tell you how embarrassed I was to have brought my family here.

I complained to the front desk, but they offered no resolution other than to hand me 2 rolls of toilet paper. All I can do is tell everyone to avoid this pit. I'll be checking out 2 days early because I can't stand it for any price.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed over the weekend when I moved my son to UA. Room was large and comfortable and had a small kitchen with a full sized refrigerator. I would stay there again for sure. I thought the rate was very resonable and the staff very friendly and helpful.

Dallas, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Housekeeping does not exist at this place. Room was dirty. No toilet paper. Shower clogged.
Room reeked of smoke smell at this non smoking facility. Way over priced for what you get.
I think if we had slept in the rental car, it would have been better.
Run away from this place as fast as you can!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HTS000, Marketing Director at Home-Towne Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We're so sorry to hear about your stay. The conditions you described do not meet our company standards. We are in the process of training new housekeeping staff at that location. If anyone experiences similar issues, please call or stop by the front desk so the new manager will have an opportunity to provide you with an immediate resolution.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed hear while my son was at football camp at the university very nice and close to the university had plenty of places close by for shopping in dining and a super target right across the street which was great when you have two kids will stay hear again

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Home-Towne Suites Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!