“Location, location, location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Home-Towne Suites Tuscaloosa

Save Saved
You added Home-Towne Suites Tuscaloosa to your Saves list
Home-Towne Suites Tuscaloosa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1650 Veterans Memorial Pkwy, 15th Street East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35404   |
Ranked #23 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
rockville
“Location, location, location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Took our 2 college-bound kids to the University of Alabama and was looking for something reasonably priced. Not only was the price reasonable but this hotel is close to everything we needed to move our kids into their dorms, plus close to lots of restaurants. Within 5 minutes there is a Target, Home Depot, Sears, Chipotle, Krispy Kreme, Taco Bell, and many other stores/restaurants. And the campus is less than 10 minutes away. The rooms was large enough for 5 of us and had a good internet connection. The staff was very pleasant to deal with, and responsive to our request for extra towels. No complimentary breakfast but lots of choices just down the street. Like the review from konesha m we had a few strand of hair in our bed, but everythig else was fine. Will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Bama. And of course.....Roll Tide!!

Room Tip: Only 1 elevator in the middle of the building, with stairs on the ends. Request a room on the ends...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HTS000, Marketing Director at Home-Towne Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at Home-Towne Suites Tuscaloosa. We take pride in providing a clean, safe, comfortable suite at a great value. Our General Manager will be reviewing your cleanliness comments with the housekeeping supervisor and staff. It is our goal to provide an outstanding stay for every guest. Thank you for choosing to stay at Home-Towne Suites! We hope to see you again soon.

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Heflin, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for my bamabound orientation so that We didn't have to stay on campus and it was wonderful. I picked the hotel because it was the cheapest that I could find, so I wasn't expecting very much when I arrived. Luckily, I was wrong. The hotel is maybe 10 minutes from campus and less than 5 from the mall, target, midtown village, and Plato's Closet. The fridge wasn't one of those tiny ones like they usually put in hotels and everything else was really comfortable (AMAZING bed). I've already told my family that if they come stay with me while I'm at school that they have to stay there. Great hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was better than I imagined. I was skeptical at first due to reviews but after visiting the hotel site I found their rates to be cheaper than travel booking sites. My parents and I were in town for a funeral for 1 night and we arrived at the hotel around 10am. Hotel check in was not until 3 but we were in desperate need of a place to get dressed for the funeral which was at 1. The young lady at front desk went beyond herself to find us an available room. She allowed us to check in a room to get dressed and then after our room was cleaned and available we were allowed to change rooms. The rooms were spacious and clean. I did have a concern about strands of hair in my bed and an ant. But it wasn't horrible or too much to make me uncomfortable. The other concern was that the windows in room don't lock. My dad opened it and realized the window wouldn't lock and we were on the back side of hotel. Other than that I would stay here again. The new building is nice but I'm not sure how long it's been there.

• Stayed July 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Our daughter will attend University of Alabama in the fall. We've stayed at Home-Towne Suites during two visits and loved it! The room layout of the suites works well for our family. We hope to stay there many more times!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This hotel offers multiple kinds of rooms, from tiny studios to 2-bedroom suites, all with a minimal but workable kitchen, and all with good wireless internet. We just stayed there again for a week, probably the 6th or 7th time for us, and we were once again impressed with: how courteous and helpful (and positive) the staff were; the convenience of the room set-up; and the amazingly low daily rate for what you get. A great overall experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Our family spent a week at this property in Tuscaloosa last week and we had a wonderful experience. The staff is friendly and welcoming and went above and beyond to make our stay feel like we were at home. The room was spacious and clean. We will definitely be staying at this location again!

Room Tip: If you have more than two guests traveling in your group make sure you check out the suites. Very s...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for approximately two months during a relocation to Tuscaloosa and this is my review: I had stayed at several other hotels in the area before my actual relocation, but settled on Home-Towne Suites for the long term stay based on price. I will say that, regardless of price, it is equivalent to any of the other hotels I stayed at here in town in terms of quality of facilities and staff. The staff is friendly, and have always dropped what they were doing when I needed something and were always able to get me what I needed as soon as I asked. The room is clean, and the furnishings are nice - nothings seems worn out or abused here. They have on-site laundry, which is nice, and the room I have has a small kitchen (which is good on a long term stay - most of the appliances appeared to be new). During the week, most of the guests appear to be tradesman working on projects in the area, they normally get to their rooms around 5:30-6pm, are rowdy for 15min and then silence. On the weekends, its mostly families that are passing through, or folks visiting their kids at the university. On occasion, sports teams from other schools come for competitions on the weekends - they are normally up way before I am, and so tired when they come back that they just go straight to their rooms not to be heard or seen again. I can only think of one time in the last two months when some one was loud and that was at about 8pm on a weekend after an event for the university, and that lasted about 5min (staff quickly told them to settle down - that is quicker than I have seen at other hotels). Overall, this place is clean with good facilities and as good as any other hotel I have stayed at - plus its inexpensive to stay here - makes it an easy win. You can learn a lot about a place in a long term visit, and if I had to stay in a hotel for another two months (or recommend something for an overnight stay), it would be here.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor, seemed fine to me.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Home-Towne Suites Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!