“Clean, comfortable, and convenient to the campus!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Fairhope, Alabama
“Clean, comfortable, and convenient to the campus!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for an Alabama football game. The hotel has a feeling of home when you walk in the front door. We were on the second floor so we could access our room by going up the stairs that reminded me of the stairs in my own home. There is something comforting about that! The first night the power went out in the entire building at 4:00 a.m. and I went downstairs to get some coffee and check out what was happening. I asked the person in charge (I believe his name was Chris?) if he had a flashlight. He went out to his own car and let me use his personal flashlight! Now, that is going the extra mile!!

The beds are really comfortable and the bathrooms are very clean. The breakfast was good and the lady in charge of the breakfast area was so nice and took pride in the food she presented. She was a pleasure to speak with every morning.

Overall, I was very happy with this choice. We will return!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms can be accessed by the stairs!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that enjoyed your stay despite the unexpected power outage. Your kind words will be definitely be shared with Chris and the rest of our team. We certainly hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Tuscaloosa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We chose this property late in the evening during our recent road trip. We were thankful to find a decent hotel with a great price & comfortable bed. The front desk clerk offered us fresh cookies & coffee upon arrival.
The staff was friendly & accommodating.
This does seem to be an older property that could benefit from a few upgrades and repairs. The main areas were not as clean as the individual room.
The free breakfast was a step above your standard hotel, serve yourself, continental breakfast. It consisted of bagels, muffins, pastries, fruit, breakfast tacos, oatmeal (with extra fixings), cereal, coffee & juice.

• Stayed September 2013
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your nice comments about the breakfast and service at the Country Inn & Suites, Tuscaloosa. We are always delighted when new visitors find us, and we hope that you visit us again soon.

I would also like to say thank you for your comments regarding our public areas. You are right. We are not the newest property in town, yet we strive to improve with every customer recommendation so that we may exceed our guests’ expectations in the future.

I certainly appreciate your review, and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Tuscaloosa!
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed here 3 times so far this year. Each visit has been equally good. The front of house staff are always courteous and knowledgeable.
The room was very clean and passed my husbands white glove test! The bathroom was immaculate and smelled freshly cleaned and the towels were plentiful.
The breakfast offerings are excellent and the lady who works the buffet is friendly and very efficient. This is a great place to stay whether on business or for pleasure, solo or with a family. We will return often to visit our freshman at UA.

• Stayed August 2013
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice things you mentioned in your review! I appreciate you taking the time to review us, and I'll make sure the staff here sees your kind comments. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lusby, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was in town to move my daughter back home from college. I was booked somewhere else, but had a horrible experience there. When I called here they were so accommodating! The manager and staff went above and beyond. The hotel was very clean. I will definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience. We love meeting parents of new students and being able to welcome them back on return visits to Tuscaloosa! I certainly hope that you make us your new home away from home during your daughter's time at school.

Hope to see you again soon!
Niceville, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

PROS - Staff is nice & friendly. Breakfast is good. Location is good with lots of restaurant choices in additional to the ones they recommend. Bed is comfortable. Linens are clean.

CONS - We stopped for one night. We were on the 2nd floor. Above us was a boy's team travelling through. I don't know what kind of team but I'd bet basketball or football due to all the running, jumping & wresting constantly going on. We were told at 8PM that the coach was instructed that quiet time begins at 9PM. We waited until 10PM before making our first report. We were told that the coach had been notified. So as not to bore you with each call & visit to the front desk, all in all, we made 5 phone calls & three visits to the front desk before giving up because it was obvious the coach & staff were not being effective in calming the boys.The young man at the front desk thought he was doing his part by notifying them & even went to the offending rooms however, still the noise did not stop. I wish we had just called the police which is what I would recommend to anyone else who encounters such an experience. After driving 10 hrs. that day & another 11 hrs. ahead of us the next, having to do this on no sleep needless to say was extremely difficult. We were given an $8.00 discount off our bill. Woo! Hoo! In our opinion, the team should have been told be leave the hotel after the 2nd report. Additionally, we should have been given a total refund.
Lastly, we were told the manager would contact us later in the day to discuss our experience but she never did. Very, very disappointing. We are scheduled to drive back through Tuscaloosa this Sunday but will not be staying at this hotel. If you do decide to book at this hotel, make sure you ask if a team or large group is booked, ask for a top room & also if you are not satisfied, what their refund policy is.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay.

I am certainly relieved to hear that you were able to enjoy the breakfast and also that you found our beds to be comfortable. And I am also happy to hear that our staff was polite and friendly.

Regarding the rest of your stay, I am truly so very sorry about the noise of others disturbing what I wish had been a better experience for you and your family. On behalf of our entire team here at Country, I would like to apologize that you were not able to get to enjoy your entire visit. I also apologize that I was not made aware of this situation sooner. Please call me at your earliest convenience so that I may have the opportunity to make this right. I want all of our guests to enjoy their stay and have a very relaxing experience, so I am hoping that you will allow me the chance to personally right this wrong.

I would still like to thank you for leaving the feedback so that we are able to fine tune our operations in hopes that future issues such as this one are handled in the best way possible for our guests.
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were headed to New Orleans and stopped here on the 22 nd of July. We used trip advisor on our smart phone to decide where to stay. The hotel was just as described. We had a great suite that we would have liked to have stayed longer. Very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for commenting on your stay. I am ecstatic to hear that Tripadvisor led you to stay with us. And I am also thrilled that you enjoyed your time here!

We hope to see you again when your path leads you back to Tuscaloosa!
Kennesaw, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

When I called to book this room, my experience with the girl who answered the phone was less than pleasant and if we were not travelling with a group, I would have chosen another hotel. As it turns out, we were with a group and our room was booked under a block at group a rate, so book I did.

Luckily, once we arrive my experience was the complete opposite with everyone we came in contact with, from the front desk to the breakfast attendant, being incredibly pleasant and helpful.

The beds also were very comfortable, which is definitely not always the case in a hotel. The room was spacious and certainly more than adequate for $89 a night.

My only real complaint was the funky smells we encountered -- kind of musty. Ranging from kitty litter to cigarette smoke depending on where in the hotel you are in the hotel. And unlike the other reviews there were areas that were definitely not clean, but the room and linens were clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a survey in Tripadvisor. We love when guests tell others about their stay.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites, I apologize for the concerns you shared about your reservation process. I am certainly happy to hear that the rest of your interactions with our staff were a much better experience. Also, I have addressed the issues regarding our public areas with our team, and I assure you we worked diligently to deep clean them so as to ensure they are very clean and fresh.

Again, thank you so much for the feedback so that we were able to fine tune our operations in hopes that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!