“Wouldn't stay anywhere but here.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
“Wouldn't stay anywhere but here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed here 3 times so far this year. Each visit has been equally good. The front of house staff are always courteous and knowledgeable.
The room was very clean and passed my husbands white glove test! The bathroom was immaculate and smelled freshly cleaned and the towels were plentiful.
The breakfast offerings are excellent and the lady who works the buffet is friendly and very efficient. This is a great place to stay whether on business or for pleasure, solo or with a family. We will return often to visit our freshman at UA.

• Stayed August 2013
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice things you mentioned in your review! I appreciate you taking the time to review us, and I'll make sure the staff here sees your kind comments. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lusby, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was in town to move my daughter back home from college. I was booked somewhere else, but had a horrible experience there. When I called here they were so accommodating! The manager and staff went above and beyond. The hotel was very clean. I will definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience. We love meeting parents of new students and being able to welcome them back on return visits to Tuscaloosa! I certainly hope that you make us your new home away from home during your daughter's time at school.

Hope to see you again soon!
Niceville, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

PROS - Staff is nice & friendly. Breakfast is good. Location is good with lots of restaurant choices in additional to the ones they recommend. Bed is comfortable. Linens are clean.

CONS - We stopped for one night. We were on the 2nd floor. Above us was a boy's team travelling through. I don't know what kind of team but I'd bet basketball or football due to all the running, jumping & wresting constantly going on. We were told at 8PM that the coach was instructed that quiet time begins at 9PM. We waited until 10PM before making our first report. We were told that the coach had been notified. So as not to bore you with each call & visit to the front desk, all in all, we made 5 phone calls & three visits to the front desk before giving up because it was obvious the coach & staff were not being effective in calming the boys.The young man at the front desk thought he was doing his part by notifying them & even went to the offending rooms however, still the noise did not stop. I wish we had just called the police which is what I would recommend to anyone else who encounters such an experience. After driving 10 hrs. that day & another 11 hrs. ahead of us the next, having to do this on no sleep needless to say was extremely difficult. We were given an $8.00 discount off our bill. Woo! Hoo! In our opinion, the team should have been told be leave the hotel after the 2nd report. Additionally, we should have been given a total refund.
Lastly, we were told the manager would contact us later in the day to discuss our experience but she never did. Very, very disappointing. We are scheduled to drive back through Tuscaloosa this Sunday but will not be staying at this hotel. If you do decide to book at this hotel, make sure you ask if a team or large group is booked, ask for a top room & also if you are not satisfied, what their refund policy is.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay.

I am certainly relieved to hear that you were able to enjoy the breakfast and also that you found our beds to be comfortable. And I am also happy to hear that our staff was polite and friendly.

Regarding the rest of your stay, I am truly so very sorry about the noise of others disturbing what I wish had been a better experience for you and your family. On behalf of our entire team here at Country, I would like to apologize that you were not able to get to enjoy your entire visit. I also apologize that I was not made aware of this situation sooner. Please call me at your earliest convenience so that I may have the opportunity to make this right. I want all of our guests to enjoy their stay and have a very relaxing experience, so I am hoping that you will allow me the chance to personally right this wrong.

I would still like to thank you for leaving the feedback so that we are able to fine tune our operations in hopes that future issues such as this one are handled in the best way possible for our guests.
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were headed to New Orleans and stopped here on the 22 nd of July. We used trip advisor on our smart phone to decide where to stay. The hotel was just as described. We had a great suite that we would have liked to have stayed longer. Very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for commenting on your stay. I am ecstatic to hear that Tripadvisor led you to stay with us. And I am also thrilled that you enjoyed your time here!

We hope to see you again when your path leads you back to Tuscaloosa!
Kennesaw, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

When I called to book this room, my experience with the girl who answered the phone was less than pleasant and if we were not travelling with a group, I would have chosen another hotel. As it turns out, we were with a group and our room was booked under a block at group a rate, so book I did.

Luckily, once we arrive my experience was the complete opposite with everyone we came in contact with, from the front desk to the breakfast attendant, being incredibly pleasant and helpful.

The beds also were very comfortable, which is definitely not always the case in a hotel. The room was spacious and certainly more than adequate for $89 a night.

My only real complaint was the funky smells we encountered -- kind of musty. Ranging from kitty litter to cigarette smoke depending on where in the hotel you are in the hotel. And unlike the other reviews there were areas that were definitely not clean, but the room and linens were clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a survey in Tripadvisor. We love when guests tell others about their stay.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites, I apologize for the concerns you shared about your reservation process. I am certainly happy to hear that the rest of your interactions with our staff were a much better experience. Also, I have addressed the issues regarding our public areas with our team, and I assure you we worked diligently to deep clean them so as to ensure they are very clean and fresh.

Again, thank you so much for the feedback so that we were able to fine tune our operations in hopes that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.
Rainbow City, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel is located just off of I-59 so I was pleasantly surprised by how quiet it was. The exterior is clean and well maintained, with a nice front porch with rocking chairs. The parking lot is quite small, and the spaces are difficult to manage with a large vehicle, but the grounds are well maintained and there is plenty of lighting. The lobby is very nice - well decorated with comfortable chairs. The staff is efficient, professional, and made me feel welcome. The interior hallways are wide and well lit with clean, new looking carpet. The guest room was well lit, wonderfully clean and fresh, with nice furnishings. The bathroom was sparkling clean with big soft fluffy towels. The bed linens were fresh and crisp and there were plenty of pillows provided. Given the comfortable bed, great pillows and the quietness, it was the perfect retreat for a great nights sleep. The only problem I encountered was that the key cards had to be reactivated several times during my stay. For a shorter stay, this may not be an issue, but since my room was on the third floor, it was pretty frustrating to have to go down and get keys reactivated multiple times. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Tuscaloosa area and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and I am glad we exceeded your expectations. I do, however, apologize for the key card concerns you shared. I can definitely understand that being a frustrating issue, and we are looking into ways to resolve this problem. Again, we really appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit!
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites during our first visit to Tuscaloosa. Having never stayed in a Country Inn & Suites before, I didn't know what to expect - but I was very pleasantly surprised. The lobby area had a "homey" feel with a couple of sofas and chairs, and a bookshelf from which patrons can borrow books. Our room on the first floor was quiet and the furniture, linens, television, etc. all felt relatively new and I found the bed, which was on the firm side, to be very comfortable. There is a complimentary breakfast buffet with numerous options (cereal, oatmeal, waffles, eggs [one day there were scrambled eggs, the next day there were little frittatas], pastries, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, etc.) and there are also cookies in the lobby in the afternoon and evening. Being on the first floor near the lobby, we did hear people talking outside our rooms in the morning (we weren't sure if they were other guests or hotel employees). The pool was also quite small and it's basically right in the parking lot. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay and would definitely stay there if we return to Tuscaloosa. The price we paid for our room, given the niceness of the room and the free breakfast, was a good value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We certainly appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We are very glad that we were able to aquaint you with all the things that Country Inn & Suites has to offer its guests. Thank you so much for your kind comments. I hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Tuscaloosa, AL!

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!