“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
ALABAMA
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed at this location while my daughter was competing in a swim meet at the University. Upon arrival the front desk staff was very friendly greeting me as a club carlson member. I was checked in quickly and when I asked for directions he was able to get me right where I was going. Our room was very nice comfortable beds, nice size bathroom and quiet. We did have a problem with the A/C not working and had to open the windows to cool the room down and I had requested a room when I made reservations on a floor with ice and vending same floor but the ice machine had been removed. The Breakfast attendant was very nice and helpful helping some of the other children that were getting food. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone. Once I reported the problem my account was credited my points that I used, which was unexpected, I just wanted them to know about it. The welcoming staff and comfortable rooms and great location will have me coming back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lawrenceburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I spent one Saturday night here in April. We were in town visiting our daughter who is a student at the University and catching a softball game. We didn't have a reservation and after finding several hotels sold out we were happy to find a room at the Inn. We had a queen room with one bed. From the moment we checked in I knew this was going to be a great visit. The lobby was spotless, the halls and elevator very, very clean. The room was spotless and the bath looked brand new. Bed was very comfortable, although we could have used more pillows (2 standard and 1mini was provided). We were on the 3rd floor, non smoking.
My only complaint was that our neighbors had their tv so loud we could actually hear it all night, they must have fallen asleep with it on! Ha ha. It didn't bother my husband, but it did wake up a couple of times. NOT A BIG DEAL, as I spelt the whole way home! Ha ha
Sunday morning breakfast was nice. The attendant was lovely. It was a total surprise to have a buffet on china using stainless utensils and glasses for juice and real coffee cups. VERY NICE surprise.
I was so happy I tried to book another weekend but they are sold out so the clerk took my name and promised to call if they have a cancellation.
We had a wonderful stay. I am only sorry we didn't discover this gem 3years ago!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
My staff and I thank you so much for sharing your experience with others! I am so glad that you appreciate the Be Our Guest diningware program. We iniated this program in attempt to eliminate as much disposal waste as possible, and enjoy when others notice our environmental awareness. Again, we are very happy that you found your way to us, and hope to see you and your family again when your travels bring you back to Tuscaloosa!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I visited Tuscaloosa during spring break week to visit my youngest, who is a freshman at the University. I frequently stay at Country Inn and Suites when traveling due to their consistency with value and terrific customer service. This stay was EXCEPTIONAL!!! Due to lack of reservations, it didn't look like we would be able to stay our entire visit here. The G.M. Christy went out of her way to ensure we would have our room; and the entire staff were the epitiomy of Southern hospitality! Best stay ever! If u visit Tuscaloosa, stay here!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you very much for such a wonderful review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. My staff and I always enjoy getting to meet such sweet guests. We appreciate you sharing your great experience with others and hope to welcome you back very soon!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We always have good luck with Country Inns and this one did not disappoint. Right off the interstate and some chain restaurants nearby. Cookies in the lobby and a nice hot breakfast. Rooms were well-appointed and quiet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We love hearing feedback! Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words with us. Our staff takes great pride in delivering outstanding service to our guests. It's reviews like this that keep us motivated. We certainly appreciate it and look forward to your return!
Zaventem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am staying in Tuscaloosa for business and then you can choose from a whole variaty of these hotels. But I must say, this is the best one so far. The service was pleasant when checking in and for the rest the lobby is ok, it at least gives you the country feeling and the soutern hospitality. My room is spacious and is well equiped, the bed is fine and comfortable. The room is clean and well taken care of, so no broken items or lights that do not work. But when I have to give a minor, then it would be the kitchenette. It has a sink and a microwave but that is it, for me it could contain some silverware and/or a bottle opener and kind of things. It is hard to take that with you in an airplane.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We are so pleased to read your review. I am confident others will find this useful as well. We will do our very best to make sure your next visit is even better. Thanks again for visiting us during your business travels to Tuscaloosa. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Covington, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was hoping to find a clean, quiet, and comfortable hotel room. I was so pleased with my experience at this hotel. The staff couldn't have been friendlier.....big smiles and ready answers to all my questions. The room was exceptionally clean. The bed was oh-so-comfy. The linens were crisp and immaculate. The bathroom was gleaming. I was pleasantly surprised by the morning breakfast bar which offered more than the usual fare. There were several hot, healthy choices: scrambled eggs & steaming hot Quaker oatmeal (with brown sugar and fruit available). There were name brand whole grain cereals. The coffee was really tasty too.
All this and a complimentary USA Today....I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Don't miss the breakfast bar!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for commenting on your recent stay! We are so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time, and enjoyed the breakfast and other amenities. We hope the next time you come to town for business or for leisure that you will choose to stay with us again.
Montgomery, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed in multiple hotels in Tuscaloosa on my business trips and this will be my go to hotel from now on. First, very convenient to the highway (I have to work south of Tuscaloosa) and this hotel is very convenient. The fitness center was nice and the staff was super friendly. The breakfast was excellent and was even ready at 5:45 am which was great since I had to leave to get to work by 6:15. Bonus, The Original Dreamland BBQ is less than a mile from this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Christy M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Looks like you travel often to Tuscaloosa, so please do not hesitate to contact us directly on your return visit. We often have loyalty rates for our repeat clients. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!