“Stay here. You'll like it.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Memphis, Tennessee
“Stay here. You'll like it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My son and I stayed a night here as we were visiting colleges in the south.
Made the reservations on-line. Got there after dark and they were "waiting on us".
Exactly what we needed. We were out the door early the next morning but they had the complimentary breakfast ready.
Clean room and quiet stay. I will look for more CI&S when I travel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Pam C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking your time to review us! We always take great pride in making sure our guests are taken care of and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Tuscaloosa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

For the price and for what you get -- this is a really great place!!!! We got the larger room (suite) and we loved it. It had a couch, chair and extra counterspace with the fridge and microwave. I loved the fact that you can close the door to the bedroom and have privacy from the other rooms. At night, they had free cookies and it was very laid back -- even had rocking chairs on the porch. The bed was very snuggly and comfortable. My only complaint is the "governor" on the air. I don't get why hotels are doing this!!!! Please let the customer decide the temperature of their rooms -- we are not children. Also, big, thick comforters in a room that you can't control the temp -- just don't go together. Besides that - we would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pam C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We do apologize for the air conditioner issues. I have brought this concern to our owners and team and we are working diligently to improve this situation. On behalf of Country Inn & Suites of Tuscaloosa, we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in several Tuscaloosa hotels and had a favorite, but I decided to try this one after a good experience with a Country inn & Suites in a different city. Glad I did! On a hill a couple of blocks off the interstate, it's quiet and comfortable. Great room, attractively furnished, and one of the best breakfasts I've had in this category of hotel. Friendly, efficient service, too. I will be back.

• Stayed September 2012
Pam C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! We do appreciate the all the great comments and I have let my staff know that you enjoyed your stay. On behalf of Country Inns & Suites, we hope to see you when your travels bring you back to Tuscaloosa!
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Country Inn&Suites has a EXCEPTIONAL Staff .I been coming to Tuscaloosa for a while on personal /business trips and everyone has always went out there way to make my stay there wonderful.The staff greets me by name and with a nice carlson greeting card and goodie bag waiting for me in my room .I have gotten to know the staff by name and when.I call to make a reservations sometime I don't give my name they aready knows it meby voice .Country Inn&Suites keeps a very cleaned and maintance hotel since I been coming to Tuscaloosa this is the only hotel i would stay at there's maybe one or two other hotels but they have nothing on Country Inn&suites if you every coming through town this is the place fr youself and you family because you are family when you check in without a doubt and .I would like to personally like to thank Christy,Lisa,Linda sue,Raphel Lindsey,Pam and all the house keeping staff / maintance staff keep up the EXCEPTIONAL JOB !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pam C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback. We take great pride in providing the best customer experience at our property. On behalf of Country Inns & Suites, we look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Tuscaloosa!
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a typical Country Inn and Suites with all the usual facilities. Bed is comfortable, room decent size, staff friendly. BUT......the fire alarm went off at 11:45 PM and rang for almost 15 minutes. No staff provided any information about whether there was a fire in the hotel or what the guests should do.....especially after being wakend from a sound sleep. In the morning, the desk clerk said only it was a "cooking problem". This could have been a dangerous situation for the sleeping guests and the hotel staff on duty seemed totally incompetent to deal with it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was my fourth stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Tuscaloosa, as my daughter is a freshman at the University of Alabama and we have been travelling back and forth from NYC. I am never disappointed. The staff is always friendly and goes out of their way to assist you in any way they can. The rooms are extremely clean and the beds are very comfortable. My husband and I travel often and have stayed at many high end hotels. The Country Inn holds its own against these hotels because of their friendly responsive staff and the cleanliness of their rooms.

• Stayed August 2012
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Me and my husband have moved from North Carolina and are on our way to Alaska. We have stayed in several hotels during this trip and this has been our favorite so far. I was a little worried at first since it wasn't a chain hotel, but I do not regret getting a room here.

This hotel has a great "home town feel" about it. It's in a good area, very quiet, and comfortable. It is not as updated as some hotels, but I would rather have safe, clean, and comfortable rather than a hotel that looks "updated" and "modern". The room is very large, which is great for us since we have so much luggage and our 70 pound dog.

What I really love about Country Inn is that it is SIMPLE. The staff does not over complicate anything. Plus, they are very friendly and helpful. I also want to add that the sheets are very soft. Last night we stayed at a Sleep Inn hotel and slept with rough sheets... but the ones at Country Inn are fantastic.

If you're not picky about the way a place looks but you do want a safe, comfortable, good priced, clean, helpful, and quiet night, stay at Country Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!