“Great Oysters” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 245 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: A warm welcome to all from Bob and Patty Hallmark and the staff at the Tin Top Restaurant and Oyster Bar, Bon Secour, AL. You're gonna see a lot of changes online over the coming weeks but all this is to improve how we can connect with you, our loyal customers. Without whom, we would never be able to share our fantastic recipes, consistently voted by you as the best seafood and best steak in the county!
Paducah, Kentucky
“Great Oysters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My table of 4 had; Broiled Tin Top Platter (the shrimp was the best thing on it, the crab cake was pretty terrible, Tuna Dip (unique flavor, must try), Strip (med rare, cooked correctly), Peel and Eat Shrimp (some of the best I've ever had), Raw Oysters (exactly what you'd expect from never frozen), Tin Top Oysters (Superb! the ham that is special to that area adds a spicy kick to them), and by far the best thing on the table were the shrimp grits!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Pre-battered okra . . . really?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The fried oysters were good but it's quite bewildering why a well-touted restaurant would buy pre-battered frozen okra and, to our utter dismay, put sugar in collard greens. Have we reached a new low with our sugar addiction? The Bloody Mary and side salad (though they should spare the grated cheese on top of the iceberg lettuce) were the best parts. The fried fish was mushy. Raw oysters would probably have been the best option. That said, the service was friendly and helpful.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Georgia
“Tin Top was far from Tip Top!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Total lackluster meal at the 'ole Tin Top. Had reservations for 7:45 pm. Hostess clearly forgot to seat us, so i gave her a gentle reminder. No problem! But things never improved after that. Ordered two fillets which were fine but overpriced for my discriminating pallet. I rarely order a steak, and when I do, I expect it to be mouthwatering. The broccoli tasted like it was steamed in seafood. It was yucky and super salty. Other sides were on par and included salad and baked potato. Our waiter never refilled my water once so I had to drink from my daughter's water. We reminded him a couple of times to refill our water to no avail! Overall, if just wasn't worth the time and effort to dine at this restaurant. The convenience of reservations just aren't worth it! Tin Top is far from Tip Top!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I went here for my birthday dinner with about 8 of my friends. We ordered and it was about an hour and a half before we got our food, some of ours was cold too. I had the pecan encrusted grouper, sounds pretty good right? I took my first bite into and all I could taste was this awful salty/ fishy taste that you would expect to taste at a sketchy fish market. The waitress asked if I wanted another one, but I declined, after all it took almost two hours for this one. I haven't been back since that experience. It's overpriced for food that it is not up to par. Try somewhere else.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Great Crab Claws & Oysters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

They have moved to a really nice building downtown which is much nicer than the old place.

My wife & I had dinner with our baby boy. We ordered the marinated crab claws for an appetizer. They were out if this world.

The fried oysters where also outstanding. They are large light batter & very fresh.

The seafood gumbo is full if sausage & shrimp.

They best oysters & crab claws I have ever had.

Visited January 2014