“Not Too Bad” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
“Not Too Bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I checked in on a Wednesday and have had a good experience. I stayed on the 2nd floor. The staff is very helpful and nice. My only dislike was that the room above me has children or someone that's up running and walking very hard every morning and all that running and stomping wake me every morning. I work at night and so I'm sleep in the morning. So when they get up it's like they're about to come through the ceiling on top of me. Other than that it's a good place to stay for a short period of time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I checked in last Sunday late and the staff was helpful. I had a room on the 4th floor with no real issues. For the price I got more than expected, it was not a bad stay.I even had a few request and there was no problem from the staff in helping me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

this is a nice motel for the money u want find nothing else that can compare to it the staff is good. they get u stuff when u need it. i will recommend this place to any one. the only bad thing i can say is. i wish they cleaned the room every day. but if u are a clean person u really ant got to worry about it.

Room Tip: the tip is stay here
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Well, first of all, home is in Traverse City, MI, but I travel all the time because I drive an 18-wheeler. When I left MI, I was sick with the flu, and by the time I made my delivery in Birmingham, I was past ready to park my truck and stay in a motel somewhere to try to recooperate...there are very few motels with truck parking, but found that I could park right next to the Value Place. When I checked in, the staff was so very helpful in making my stay as comfortable as they could. They took me to a room to let me see if I liked it or not and if I could see my truck from the window. I was very satisfied and checked in for the week. It has been so quiet here that sometimes I have to check to see if I am the only one here or not. Quiet is what I need to rest. Laundry facilities are a must for truck drivers....they have that too! I am very glad that I chose to stay here and will recomend it to others. The overall price saved me alot of money compared to what I would have paid for single nights anywhere else. Thanks staff...you all are great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed for a week and wasnt aware they supply NOTHING!!!!! You have to buy all your cooking utensils all your pans and anything else you may need. they supply you with two towels and two washcloths after that you have to pay a fee to get them. Want internet be prepared to pay for it, you have to supply your own ethernet cord. The mattress is setting on plywood it is HARD HARD HARD>>>> The tv is about 20 inches and you get about 10 channels . Just be aware it gets pricey for what your are getting... Plus the hotel smells musty. They only clean your room once a week so good Luck

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Many of our guests stay at Value Place because of the affordability, cleanliness, and safety we provide. At Value Place, we figure you'd rather shop on your own terms than pay for extras you may not need. We are able to keep our weekly rates low by not padding extras into our price and letting our guests pick and choose the amenities they want to purchase.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

I chose to stay at Value Place in Tuscaloosa when I was in between leases. I planned to stay a week but will be leaving after one day due to the other guests staying here. I will start with the beginning of my not so lovely experience, I walk in to find a rude staff and terrible smell. The whole place smells like smoke. I have met multiple drug users and even a few prostitutes. I would highly recommend living in a box on the highway before staying here. Save your money and book somewhere a little nicer because you will end up wasting money and time finding a new place once you discover how disgusting the place is. I understand that it is a low budget hotel, but I did not expect this level of trashy disgustingness. Please do yourself a favor and choose Holiday Inn or a Marriott. The people are scary and this is not a safe place, although the desk lady assured me it was. If you enjoy the smell of cigarettes and the company of drug addicts then this is the place for you. If not, please stay somewhere else. This is the worst hotel experience of my life and I completely regret ever making a reservation here.

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My husband and I attempted to stay at the Tuscaloosa Value Place this past Sunday (May 27). We were going to stay there for a couple of weeks until our apartment was ready. We arrived at 4:15 and the check-in process took forever. We had somewhere to be at 5, and we were finally able to get to our room at 4:40... When we walked into our room, there were cockroaches, yes cockroaches everywhere. Most of them were dead, some were still alive. When we went to the office to demand a different room or a refund, we were given a room 4 rooms down the hall! We had to leave (at this point we were already late), and were going to try to make it work. We arrived back to the hotel at 8:30 pm and told the employee on duty that we were leaving and wanted a refund. We were told we'd have to come back Monday at 9 am to speak with the manager. This employee also said that management was aware that they had been having cockroach problems on the second floor.... When we came back Monday at 9, the manager had called out, so they told us to come back at 11. When we arrived at 11 the manager told us that the district manager was able to SPECIAL APPROVE a partial refund, all but one night's worth. Their normal policy is NO REFUNDS. So unless you enjoy wasting your money and having cockroaches crawl on you, don't stay here.

Room Tip: Go just a couple exits up the interstate. There's lots of hotels there.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Value Place Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!