“It will cost you more in the long run” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Tuscaloosa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tuscaloosa
Value Place Tuscaloosa
You added Value Place Tuscaloosa to your Saves list
4600 Doris Pate Drive, I-20/59 & Skyland Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405   |
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
“It will cost you more in the long run”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed for a week and wasnt aware they supply NOTHING!!!!! You have to buy all your cooking utensils all your pans and anything else you may need. they supply you with two towels and two washcloths after that you have to pay a fee to get them. Want internet be prepared to pay for it, you have to supply your own ethernet cord. The mattress is setting on plywood it is HARD HARD HARD>>>> The tv is about 20 inches and you get about 10 channels . Just be aware it gets pricey for what your are getting... Plus the hotel smells musty. They only clean your room once a week so good Luck

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Many of our guests stay at Value Place because of the affordability, cleanliness, and safety we provide. At Value Place, we figure you'd rather shop on your own terms than pay for extras you may not need. We are able to keep our weekly rates low by not padding extras into our price and letting our guests pick and choose the amenities they want to purchase.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

I chose to stay at Value Place in Tuscaloosa when I was in between leases. I planned to stay a week but will be leaving after one day due to the other guests staying here. I will start with the beginning of my not so lovely experience, I walk in to find a rude staff and terrible smell. The whole place smells like smoke. I have met multiple drug users and even a few prostitutes. I would highly recommend living in a box on the highway before staying here. Save your money and book somewhere a little nicer because you will end up wasting money and time finding a new place once you discover how disgusting the place is. I understand that it is a low budget hotel, but I did not expect this level of trashy disgustingness. Please do yourself a favor and choose Holiday Inn or a Marriott. The people are scary and this is not a safe place, although the desk lady assured me it was. If you enjoy the smell of cigarettes and the company of drug addicts then this is the place for you. If not, please stay somewhere else. This is the worst hotel experience of my life and I completely regret ever making a reservation here.

• Stayed July 2012
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My husband and I attempted to stay at the Tuscaloosa Value Place this past Sunday (May 27). We were going to stay there for a couple of weeks until our apartment was ready. We arrived at 4:15 and the check-in process took forever. We had somewhere to be at 5, and we were finally able to get to our room at 4:40... When we walked into our room, there were cockroaches, yes cockroaches everywhere. Most of them were dead, some were still alive. When we went to the office to demand a different room or a refund, we were given a room 4 rooms down the hall! We had to leave (at this point we were already late), and were going to try to make it work. We arrived back to the hotel at 8:30 pm and told the employee on duty that we were leaving and wanted a refund. We were told we'd have to come back Monday at 9 am to speak with the manager. This employee also said that management was aware that they had been having cockroach problems on the second floor.... When we came back Monday at 9, the manager had called out, so they told us to come back at 11. When we arrived at 11 the manager told us that the district manager was able to SPECIAL APPROVE a partial refund, all but one night's worth. Their normal policy is NO REFUNDS. So unless you enjoy wasting your money and having cockroaches crawl on you, don't stay here.

Room Tip: Go just a couple exits up the interstate. There's lots of hotels there.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011 via mobile

Harley ever anyone at front desk. Took 24 hours to get new towels. Office hours are worse then a banks not even open on Sunday's. Charge fees for almost anything including if you get locked out of room. Beds were hard and frame was made out of plywood that I could have made at my house . Worst of all there is a 100 dollar deposit i was not told about till I got there that they said they would refund to my credit card it has been almost 2 weeks and still haven't got money back . Do not stay here I know it's cheap but I would rather sleep under a bridge .

• Stayed November 2011
Auburn, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I just returned home this afternoon from this awful place. Haven't even unpacked yet, because logging in this review is THAT important to me.
Discovered Value Place and booked it online with Orbitz, having never heard of the hotel....but it was the only one available on a BUSY Alabama Homecoming weekend in Tuscaloosa. Arrived late Friday night after an exhaustingly long roadtrip, ready to get to my room and go to bed (FYI, Value Place is on a service road that's challenging to reach, off Skyland Blvd. Be warned.....it's on the same service road as Cracker Barrel, but was "weird" to try and find...). Check-in took 40 minutes!!! FORTY MINUTES!!! They were overbooked, and the staffer feebly attempted to explain how I would always need to check with Orbitz before arriving at Value Place, blah-blah-blah. WHAT??? Another guest came in twenty minutes after me, and it was the same "drill" with him. Unbelievable. The staffer kept calling "management" at home for the how-to on what to do with us. She was clearly overwhelmed, and didn't know how to troubleshoot. At one point, she was about to cry.....she was REALLY panicked. Meanwhile, a guest came to the desk needing towels....it was his second request, and he was not happy. The staffer requested a $100 dollar "deposit" (what kind of short-term stay hotel does THAT??), assuring me that it would be credited back to my credit card on Monday (tomorrow). Such a deposit wasn't indicated on my Orbitz contract. Believe me, I'll be calling my cc company tomorrow to double-check that credit. The hotel is an extended stay business model, yet apparently are tapping into the lucrative college gameday weekend market.....only the hotel isn't EQUIPPED for the needs of short-term weekend guests. A very apparent lack of staffing. No hairdryers (usually standard) in any room.....while I was checking in, saw two women who had made a late-night Wal-Mart run to buy one. They were livid. In the elevator, we agreed to contact TripAdvisor when we respectively returned to our homes. The towels were of such poor quality, that after bathing/showering, actual cloth fibers would rub off onto our skin and stick....getting in our eyes, in our hair.....it was insane. The sleeper sofa was "shrink-wrapped" in plastic, and squeaked every time we moved on the mattress. Thankfully, we'd brought air mattresses and our own linens from home (used on an earlier leg of our trip), and slept on those more comfortably. NO extra toilet paper. The T.V. remote didn't work, so we watched CNN the whole time we were in the room. I will NEVER NEVER return to this place. I'd rather buy a tent and camp out......and I'm not even a camper.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Checked in on a Sunday. No one at the front desk, call the number in the lobby. Clerk came and acted as though she was doing me a favor. They never check to see if I wanted smoking or non-smoking... got to the room and it smelled like an ash tray. Changed rooms the next day, the new room had no pillows and no shower curtain. Told the lady at the front desk... her response? You'll need to take those from your old room! Give me a break... I couldn't believe it! ABSOLUTELY NOT RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Value Place Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!