You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1417 Veterans Memorial Parkway, Tuscaloosa, AL 35404   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Tuscaloosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is my worst hotel experience in the last 20 years.
I booked a room here during an Alabama football weekend because I was invited to go to the game with a friend who said he was staying here.
The rate they tried to charge me was $425/night. They said that was the lowest rate they charged for that weekend. And they put my wife and I in a handicap room(see pictures)
At dinner with my friend I mentioned how outrageous the price was. He informed me he was paying what he considered outrageous rate of $235 for what Microtel calls a suite due to it being a football weekend.
When I found thus out I was steamed. I knew to look on the back of my room's door to check the maximum allowable rate their business license allowed them to charge($299). I took a photo of the sign and headed to the front desk.
Asking for the manager I spoke to the manager on duty. I asked about the difference in my friends rate and mine. She informed me that the property changed hands in September and my friend had a rate from the previous owner. My rate was the new owner's idea. When I showed her the photo of the maximum rate allowed on the back of my door she said she didn't be;ieve it was taken at her hotel. She claimed she could do nothing.
I asked her to call the owner which she resisted but seeing I wasn't going away she got him on the phone and explained the situation. After much back and forth he realized he was caught and cut my rate to the same as my friend's suite. Tired of arguing I took the offer and began thinking about this review.

The place is a dump with an unscrupulous owner. Stay here at your own risk

Room Tip: Pick a room at least 2 miles from here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Demarest, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were visiting my daughter in Tuscaloosa and this is the 5th time we were able to stay at the Microtel Inn and would do so again. Lovely, clean rooms, very nice hot breakfast, fantastic location from the University. Friendly staff, made us feel very comfortable and are very willing to help, any way possible.

Room Tip: I don't believe it matters, except my mother was annoyed staying next to the stairwell and heard...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rikesh P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
A joy! We absolutely love having you stay with us at the hotel as it is a pleasure to serve you when coming to Tuscaloosa to visit your daughter at The University of Alabama. We take care of our property in pristine condition along with updating breakfast items to match with the season. With our close proximity to The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa Amphitheater, Bryant Denny-Stadium, and downtown Tuscaloosa our guests definitely appreciate/value our property for all the conveniences that are nearby.

Our front desk sales and room attendents look VERY forward to your next stay and await your return :)
MADISON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was a nice hotel! Reasonable price and still can get good quality. Single rooms small but suitable. Walls thin however still got a good nights sleep. No major complaints!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama

Address: 1417 Veterans Memorial Parkway, Tuscaloosa, AL 35404
Location: United States > Alabama > Tuscaloosa
#3 Best Value Hotel in Tuscaloosa
#9 Family Hotel in Tuscaloosa
#10 Business Hotel in Tuscaloosa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama 2.5*
Welcome to Microtel Inn & Suites in Tuscaloosa, AL We offer a broad range of hotel amenities to make your stay absolutely exceptional. Experience for yourself how we offer the best value and lowest rates for quality, discount hotel accommodations. Enjoy superior quality, consistency, reasonable prices and great service each time you stay with the Microtel Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa / University of Alabama. Our rooms offer sophistication and casual elegance at a great price, making us one of the best hotels in Tuscaloosa, AL. Whether for business or family fun, the Tuscaloosa Microtel Inn & Suites is the destination for you. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn And Suites Tuscaloosa-University
Microtel Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa-University Hotel Tuscaloosa

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.