“Great hotel staff and convenient location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1417 Veterans Memorial Parkway, Tuscaloosa, AL 35404   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Destin, Florida
“Great hotel staff and convenient location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel staff was very accommodating and the location is great. The hotel is new with wifi and LCD televisions. Very nice and affordable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I've stayed here for over a year. Pleasant, courteous employees. never had a problem.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I tried to stay in this hotel (Room 118) last night, went outside for a smoke and left all the lights off in the room except for the bathroom light. I came back and got into bed only to feel something bite me. I jumped out of bed and discovered bed bugs crawling on the sheets and found I had been bitten twice.

I contacted the front desk and had the woman at the desk come to my room and look at the bed to show her that I had killed them. She was horrified and informed me that they had never had a reported problem of bed bugs before--well unfortunately, you do now. The hotel was clean and seemed like a nice hotel until I discovered the bug problem.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Julie M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and want you to know that the room was immediately treated by professionals. Additionally, the rest of the hotel was inspected to ensure we do not have any more issues. We maintain a stringent pest control plan and have not had issues with bed bugs or other pests.

We do want you to know that we are extremely sorry you had this experience at our property. We have exceptionally high standards for our hotels and want nothing but the best for our guests. Your room will be fully refunded. Please contact us for your future stays in Tuscaloosa. I guarantee you will be well taken care of.

Thank you again for your business and your feedback.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We actually never made it on this trip...we were supposed to have a mini get away but one of our children got sick the morning we were leaving. I called to see if there was any way we could get at least some of our money back. The only thing worse than missing out on our mommy and daddy overnight getaway and missing the My Morning Jacket concert was getting charged the $91 for our room to boot. I figured I'd get some rude, apathetic person who would pretty much say sorry about your luck, but there will be no refund. To my surprise the girl was super sweet, understanding, and gladly refunded our money with no fuss whatsoever. I don't know if this is their policy all of the time or not, but I sure appreciated them softening the blow of losing out on this weekend! Thank you, and we WILL be back (family there) and WILL for sure stay at this hotel each time from now on.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Sapulpa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We were in Tuscaloosa for a funeral, and we had been traveling for many hours in the oppressive heat. The hotel where we were supposed to stay did not have rooms ready and had very poor service. We went across the street to the Microtel, and Boone, the front desk clerk, quickly found us a room at a $50 savings, held it for us while we went back across the street to clear up our messed up reservation, and then even gave us a greater discount when we returned. The hotel is super clean, and the room was ready immediately. The hotel offered many extras that our previous hotel did not including a fitness center, evening cookies, 24 hour coffee and tea, and many healthy breakfast items. Everything about our stay was amazing, and the staff could not have been kinder. If I ever return to the area, I will be staying here every time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Gainesville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Microtels remind me of IKEA in their layout and furnishings. They are not fancy, but they have everything you will need including free internet, HBO and a decent breakfast. The one in T-town had apples and bananas, fruit&fiber bars as well as yogurt and canned juices. There's also coffee in the room as well as in the lobby. No it isn't a 5 star resort but if you are there for business you would be wasting your money to stay anywhere else. A plus is that you are within walking distance to a mall and target. This is a european feeling Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Natchez, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My son was attending the ODP Soccer camp at UA. I stay a week in the Microtel Inn and I could not have asked for better place to stay. Great location especially if you are in town for college business; I was 5 minutes away from University. Close to eating establishments, shopping, and tourist attractions. The check in/check out process went smoothly. I had a queen suite and it was roomy! No problems at any time and the hotel was full. I cringed at a bus load of young men and women pulling up but they were great! Housekeeping was very attentive to my needs! I highly recommend this hotel if you are in Tuscaloosa!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama

Address: 1417 Veterans Memorial Parkway, Tuscaloosa, AL 35404
Location: United States > Alabama > Tuscaloosa
#3 Best Value Hotel in Tuscaloosa
#5 Romantic Hotel in Tuscaloosa
#7 Family Hotel in Tuscaloosa
#11 Business Hotel in Tuscaloosa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama 2.5*
Welcome to Microtel Inn & Suites in Tuscaloosa, AL We offer a broad range of hotel amenities to make your stay absolutely exceptional. Experience for yourself how we offer the best value and lowest rates for quality, discount hotel accommodations. Enjoy superior quality, consistency, reasonable prices and great service each time you stay with the Microtel Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa / University of Alabama. Our rooms offer sophistication and casual elegance at a great price, making us one of the best hotels in Tuscaloosa, AL. Whether for business or family fun, the Tuscaloosa Microtel Inn & Suites is the destination for you. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Wyndham, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn And Suites Tuscaloosa-University
Microtel Inn & Suites Tuscaloosa-University Hotel Tuscaloosa

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tuscaloosa/Near University of Alabama, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.