“We had a wonderful stay and the employees we nice.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Oxford, Alabama
“We had a wonderful stay and the employees we nice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

We were in town for a wedding and they gave us a late check-out without additional charge.
The complimentary dinner on tuesday was super nice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

Hotel is as expected for its class.
However, the staff need to be reminded what is professional and what is not.
Trying to "hook up" with guests is definately not professional or appropriate.
Keep it businesslike please.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010 via mobile

Room had been remodled and so was the bathroom large refrigerator minutes from shopping dining. Breakfast eS what I expected for continital style. Great price

• Stayed December 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

We always stay here when doing business in Tuscaloosa. The staff is wonderful and the hotel is always clean!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

I spent a week at this hotel. From the moment I walked in, I was treated as if I were a guest in someone's home. The room had a kitchen, in addition to all the kitchen supplies - like silverware and dishes. This was great! They have a small grocery store too, where I was able to get some food, so that I was able to cook in my room for several meals, rather than having to eat out every day. In fact, on Wednesday night, the management team had a guest appreciation dinner for all the guests. They had a full dinner catered in for eveyone. I had never seen anything like this before! The staff was so friendly and knowledgeable about the hotel and the city itself. They have free use of their washers and dyers, so you don't have to go back home with a bunch of dirty laundry. This was super! I have to go back to Tuscaloosa in January for, and I will most certainly stay here again!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

We recently stayed here while in town for an Alabama football game. The room was clean upon arrival, and the front desk staff was friendly and efficient. The hotel is right off the interstate, and only a few miles to the Alabama campus. The room was generally comfortable. Only downsides were some noise from the road (but running the heater covered it) and minimal soaps/lotions provided. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I had a fantastic stay at Candlewood for the 6 months I was in Tuscaloosa, working. Every body from the manager, the ladies at the front desk and maintenance people, were very courteous, kind and helpful. What few problems I had in 6 months, were taken care of in more than a timely manner! The cook-outs they did every week for the guests were great. We all knew it would be one night we would not have to cook for ourselves or stop on the way 'home'. When ever I come back to Tuscaloosa, I know where I will stay....Candlewood Suites!!!! My wife & I are planning on a trip in a few months to N. Carolina and we are going to go through Tuscaloosa and we will be staying at the Candlewood!! I want my wife to see my "home" I was in for 6 months and meet the staff she talked to from time to time when she called. Even my wife knows some of the girls by their first names because of the courtesies they did for her.

Larry Taylor
Houston, Texas

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!