“Long term stay for project” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
Atlanta
“Long term stay for project”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

I was in Tuscaloosa for a project that lasted 2 months. The hotel was very comfortable and had a complete kitchen. The staff was so friendly that by the time I left they had become like family. I will absolutely be looking for Candlewood Suites for my future trips!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

As a priority club member (candlewood is part of the Holiday inn points program) I booked a room using some points for the Tuscaloosa location via their club membership website. I fully intended to make the trip...infact was driving my father to Tuscaloosa when near Athens AL he had a heart attack in the car on I 65 and had to be lifeflighted to a hospital in Huntsville. This was 9 A.M on the date of arrival in tuscaloosa. Knowing that I wouldn't make that reservation date...I called IHG reservations and attempted to cancel the reservation. But they stated I couldn't regardless of reason ...it was past the hotels cancellation date and would be billing my credit card a nights stay (no mention of this on candlewood's site or the actual location site either).....but placing the amount of points I was using back on my account. .... I contacted the hotel directly asking them not for a refund but simply a free night stay sometime in the future at that location..(since I payed rack rate for the room and didn't use it.) via email after things stabilized in Huntsville with my father...and two weeks later still no reply.

I've stayed at candlewood suites in other locations before and they normally try to accomodate their guests....but this location and IHG reservations in general dropped the ball bigtime.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
shptexas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2008

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites during the Iron Bowl and was pleasantly surprised with the accomodations. This was my first stay at a Candlewood and I loved the full kitchen in my room. The full size fridge was great and we got a chance to begin tailgating at the hotel grill. I would stay here. The service was great and I loved the cupboard which had a good variety of snacks and still sold their sodas for .50 cents! I couldnt believe that a hotel still does that. Anyways, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that is going to spend a few nights in Tuscaloosa.

• Liked — Full Kitchens
  • Disliked — No complaints... it was great!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!