“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in Tuscaloosa for business. I felt right at home. I got tired of eating out and was able to cook in my room because it had a full kitchen. The front desk staff are really nice and always had a smile on their faces.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! I'm delighted to hear that you felt "right at home." It is our goal to welcome all guest to consider us home. Also, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our front desk staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I booked a double room on line and requested a roll away. When I got there, they informed me that a roll away was not possible in a double room due to fire laws. I had to book a second room. I would have gone somewhere else where the rooms were bigger, and it would have been cheaper to pay more for one bigger room, than having to get two rooms. Wouldn't have hurt them to check the request before I arrived and let me know.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your open and honest review. I am so sorry to hear that you did not receive the room type you anticipated. The room type you reserved had two beds, just as you chose when reserving your room. However, it is unfortunate that we were unable to add an extra bed due to our city's fire code. You mention that you requested a "roll away" when you booked the room, but when we received the reservation (either from an internet booking or an IHG Central Reservation Office), there wasn’t any mention of this request attached to your reservation. We had no way to know about this request prior to your arrival. I am glad that we had availability to accommodate everyone in your party, but I am sorry that it required the purchase of a second room.

You mentioned that your room was "not really a suite". There are varying thoughts on what a suite could be. Sometimes it means that there are separated rooms, but Candlewood Suites hotels are designed as "all-suite" hotels, meaning that we feature fully equipped and stocked kitchens in all of our rooms.

Again, I apologize that your room type did not meet your expectations. Our goal is happy and content guests, so the next time you are headed to Tuscaloosa, call our hotel directly. I would love to personally assist with future accommodations, and make sure that we have a clear understanding of your needs prior to your arrival.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

While traveling from Texas to North Carolina, we stayed in this Candlewood Suites Hotel on both legs of the trip. The first night we stayed was enjoyable. The rooms were clean though small and the hotel was fine for a quick place to stay. The staff was very friendly, helpful and professional. On our return trip however, the bed was very uncomfortable and the room had maintenance issues. When asked by the front desk about our stay, we explained the problems we saw and the clerk immediately said that they would check the items we mentioned and gave us extra loyalty points for our inconveniences. All hotels can have small problems and we appreciated the way the staff was willing to address these.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. We value our guest's feedback, as it is the only way to continue to improve. Of course we are unhappy to hear that you did not enjoy the bed on your second stay. We have since made some adjustments to this bedding, and you should be pleased on your next visit. It was our pleasure to add additional IHG Rewards Club points to your account, and we hope to see you again soon.
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

From australia, my husband and I were traveling and needed a stopover having no real idea. We chose this place and were very pleasantly surprised. Excellent service from Kim who helped with checkin and couldn't have been more pleasant and friendly. Room was a suite with everything we needed including kitchenette, outdoor grill excellent to cook up a steak and relax. The extras like guest laundry, sundry shop and gym make it brilliant for us. Highly recommend this place, as a result we have changed our other pre-booked accommodation for candlewood suites and have recommended this chain to family who are also planningn to travel to the States soon from Australia . Michelle and David

Room Tip: One bedroom suites perfect for longer stays
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I really enjoyed meeting you both . I was delighted to hear how much you both enjoyed your stay and how impressed you were with our staff and property. I'm so glad to hear that about the friendly and pleasant service you received from our Front Desk Agent Kim. It's our goal to welcome you in to consider us home. In addition, I'm happy you enjoyed our "brilliant" "extras." As an extended stay hotel we offer many additional comforts of home and I'm so pleased you enjoyed your time here. We would love to see you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were relocating to Tuscaloosa with short notice and would need an hotel with an option for extended stay. The hotel manager Sheree was very prompt with her assistance before we even got there & was great in accommodating our needs. All of the staff their is friendly and helpful as well. Housekeeping is efficient & keep the rooms very clean. This is a great hotel & I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
WOW! Thank you so much for the awesome review! Also, thank you for the kind words concerning our promptness and assistance before arrival. I'm so happy to hear that you are pleased with our team and the cleanliness of your room. I am glad you have enjoyed your stay during your relocation to our area. Welcome to Tuscaloosa!
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay! The rooms are neat and clean; very comfortable. The staff is superb; very friendly and most helpful. I was very pleased and definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a comfortable night's stay during travel, for pleasure or business. It does feel like home, in the best way possible. I want to give a "High five" to Dareious who worked the front desk during both of my recent stays. He is so personable, professional and courteous. He always greets you with a huge smile and a kindly manner. He not only took care of my room, but showed such courtesy and kindness to everyone. He makes a huge impact and a true difference. Mary, the manager, does an awesome job and is super sweet. I will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: As for a room upstairs, if you desire absolute quiet, as I did. So restful!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Wow! Many, many thanks for such an amazing review!! We strive to maintain a neat and clean hotel, and it is so wonderful when we are recognized for it. I love the fact that you connected with our team, and that they were able to make your stay so enjoyable. I have personally recognized and thanked Mary and Dareious for their excellent service. I hopeyou will be coming back to Tuscaloosa often, and we cannot wait for your return. Thank you again for the awesome review!
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed one night while en route to Pennsylvania. Good location for travelers. No problems to report. Many thanks to the front desk clerk on duty at 5 am August 1. We needed ice for our cooler and there were no ice machines since there were full size refrigerators in the rooms, but they didn't generate enough ice in one night. The front desk clerk gave us ice from his fridge. He apologized that it was all lumped together, but it was perfect for our cooler and made the start of our day a good one.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! Being an extended stay hotel, we have ice makers in all of our rooms, but as you mentioned it may not have made enough to fill an entire cooler overnight, so I am quite glad to hear that our front desk team was able to help. When you are traveling back through our area, we certainly hope you will once again choose our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your positive feedback with others.

Been to Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!