“GREAT EXPERIENCE!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 31 hotels in Tuscaloosa
Tallahassee, Florida
“GREAT EXPERIENCE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff was friendly and very helpful! Everything was clean and in good order. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
We were there for a graduation and our family had a total of 3 rooms. We had a great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay in Tuscaloosa and hope to see you again soon.

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

It was a very nice Hotel. I was pleased with the cleaniness and layout of the room. I felt right at home because it seemed to have everything that I needed. The staff was very friendly and helpful each time I had a question. They gave information pertaining to restaurants in the area.and a map showing the way to the Universirty of Alabama campus. Overall it was a delightful visit.. thought was wonderful and very helpful each time I had a question.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your great experience. I am so glad to hear that our team was able to help you find restaurants and other activities in our area. It's a pleasure to hear when a guest has enjoyed their stay. Thank you again!
Goose Creek, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I recently stayed here for 7 weeks on a business trip. The entire team there was very professional especially the front desk Mary, Kim and Ashley. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! We enjoyed getting to know you while you were here. Thank you for all the great meals that you cooked for our team. I know they are missing your cooking! We hope you will be back again very soon.
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I recently stayed here and had a great experience! The staff was great and helpful and my room was very clean and roomy. I like that the hotel has a large cupboard in the lobby with a good selection of food items...made it nice not to have to go to the grocery store in the cold! Hotel also has movies you can check out for free! Thanks for making my stay great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you very much for such a wonderful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and all the little extras that make Candlewood unique. We apprecaite you sharing your great experience with others and hope to welcome you back very soon.
Kingstree
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Candlewood suites from December 2, 2012 to December 11, 2012. The staff there were nice and friendly. Sheree, the General Manager there did everything she could to accommodate me and my mother's needs.The staff was very quick to address and respond to our any and all of our concerns. The rooms were very nice and clean. I really enjoyed my stay and I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive review! It's always great to hear when our guests are happy with their stay. It was a pleasure to accommodate you, and we hope to see you and your mother back very soon. Don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if I may be of assistance with your future reservations. Happy Holidays!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband & I stayed here during the Iron Bowl weekend. Room was booked/paid through Kayak, so upon check-in my debit card was only swiped for incidentals, etc; or so I thought. First, I must say that our stay was more than pleasant & we left with the intention of returning to this specific hotel during any future trips to Tuscaloosa; which are fairly regular. At the time, I'd have said this was the best we've stayed at in T-Town, but now I say it is not worth the trouble. Rather than placing a hold on my card as hotels usually do, they instead charged $389.06 to the card for the stay which I'd already paid for through kayak ($458.70). To make matters worse, there is a separate charge for $175, which I'm told was due to the executive housekeeper assessing that the room had been smoked in; however, I am NOT a smoker! The icing on the cake - 2 days later there is a pending transaction for $165. I spoke to the front desk yesterday, & was assured the issue would be corrected; however today I find out that they've apparently mistakingly refunded my money to a credit card the hotel had on file under our priority club rewards account. This particular card is no longer active and furthermore this was NOT the card that was charged! The front desk has now advised that WE should call OUR BANK to correct this issue. For now, I am still $723.06 in the hole. NOT HAPPY!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay while at our hotel. However, as the hotel's General Manager, I am very disappointed with the problems you experienced in the days after your stay. After reviewing the situation, I do see that all authorizations have been returned to your account for the mistake that our front desk agent made. Our agents are thoroughly trained, and this key-stroke error does not make for an acceptable experience. We strive to make all stays at our hotel enjoyable and hope that you leave with the intentions of returning soon. Unfortunately, our billing error did not make for such an experience for you. I am so sorry that you had a bad experience. Please accept my most sincere apologies for your inconvenience. I hope you will give us another chance when back in town for a football game, so that we may redeem your experience and belief in our hotel's efforts to satisfy guests.
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Really clean and well equipped but wish they had a small breakfast offering for the price you pay. We will definitely be back when back in the area overnight. The staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed November 2012
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The Candlewood Suites brand was thoughtfully designed as an extended stay hotel for travelers who typically stay 7 or more nights. These guests prefer kitchens in their rooms, and choose to cook their own meals each day. As much as we also want to cater to the guests with shorter lengths of stay, this is the reason that our brand does not offer the typical “continental” breakfast. We do however, offer our convenient “Candlewood Cupboard”, which is a perfect meal option for guests who are staying one night or even one month. It has an array of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options that are available to cook in the privacy of your own suite. Candlewood Suites is a very unique brand, and we are so glad you chose to stay with us. We would love to accommodate you again in the future.

Been to Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!