“Football Weekend - Friendly Staff"” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Beverly Hills
“Football Weekend - Friendly Staff"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Was lucky to find a suitable hotel room on a Bama football weekend for my daughter and me. Had a wonderful contact on the property, Cheree Slaten, who recommended a fabulous restaurant, Epiphany Cafe. We flew on the "red-eye" from Los Angeles, arrived early, and our room was ready. Chip at the front desk recognized me as a Platinum Ambassador, gave us bottled waters, and a love note from the manager, Elizabeth Ashworth. The room was spacious with full-sized refrigerator, comfy beds, very quiet, nice bathroom, and quite clean. The only negative...with a teenager in tow, did miss not having a restaurant/cafe/bar on the property.

Room Tip: My room was very quiet....just asked for a "quiet room away from the elevator".
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much! We really appreciate when you tell others about great stays! We hope to see you again in Tuscaloosa soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Spent 2 nights here for a Univ of Alabama home game - I was pleasantly surprised by how neat & clean it was. The beds were very comfy (though I prefer 2 queens instead of 2 dbls). Loved the "pantry" downstairs for forgotten items or a quick snack. Front desk was very hospitable. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much! We love when guests take the time to share their great experiences with others!
Groveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We've become big fans of Candlewood Suites and try to seek them out if we're staying a couple days or more in any one location. We stayed here a couple nights for the Neil Young Concert at the Ampitheatre and were very pleased with our stay. Everyone was friendly and helpful, the room clean and comfortable. The two burner stove is perfect for cooking up a breakfast or light meal in the room and saves the hassle of getting ready and going out. We had been on the road for a week so the free laundry services really came in handy too. The gym is located in the same area as the laundry so we were able to get in a little workout at the same time. The Tuscaloosa Candlewood is very nice and I'd recommend it highly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive review! We certainly appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your suite and fully equipped kitchen. I am glad you were able to enjoy our free washer and dryer useage and our 24-hour fitness center. We certainly hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Madera, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Close to I-20. Check in was fast and friendly front desk clerk. We checked in late and she made sure we had everything we needed. Rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. Breakfast was sufficient with eggs, biscuits, gravy, cereal, breads and Danish. Kim, the breakfast hostess, was very nice. She was able to give us some history on Tuscaloosa, directions to the university and was able to talk sports with my husband. Very nice staff and nice looking hotel. Felt like a country home inside with the fireplace and all. Will return if we're back in the area.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with others. Guest feedback is so important!

After reading your review, which mentions specific amenities at the hotel, I am inclined to believe that you actually stayed at a hotel in Tuscaloosa that has a similar name to ours. I say this because the details of the amenities do not describe our particular hotel, but describe a similarly named hotel perfectly. The reason that I am pointing this out is because so many travelers use this site as a booking tool, and we always want to be clear about what our particular brand offers. Our "breakfast" is a bit different than some other hotels. All Candlewood Suites hotels feature a "Candlewood Cupboard", where you can purchase breakfast, lunch, and dinner items that are able to be cooked in the privacy of your own fully-stocked kitchen, located in each and every room.

I see that you are a frequent contributor on Trip Advisor. On behalf of myself and other hoteliers, I would like to thank you for your continued feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your trip to Tuscaloosa and hope that you visit our city again very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

The front desk employee was very helpful and even helped me with directions while i was staying in Tuscaloosa for the football game. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We appreciate you sharing your experience with others. We feel that the level of customer service you receive is just as important as the details in your room. With that being said, I am very pleased to hear that our team was helpful and that you enjoyed your room. We hope to welcome you back for future visits. Thank you again for your feedback!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed here during a business trip and I was impressed how all the rooms were suites. We both really enjoyed the full kitchen and outdoor gazebo area. The free laundry facility was also an added bonus. This hotel has a great and helpful staff and is close to great restaurants (we enjoyed Dreamland). Highly recommend for all travelers.

• Stayed September 2012
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. All your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.
Anniston, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Me and my husband stayed at this location while on and overnight motorcycle trip. When arriving the lady at the front desk was very nice and accommodating.

When we went to our room it was very clean. The lady at the front desk called after a few minutes to be sure everything was ok. When leaving to go to dinner she made sure we knew the way to Dreamland.

I had to buy some things from the cubbard and had the option to pay or charge it to my room. I did pay the first time, but the second time the front desk was closed so I was able to charge it to my room on the honor system.

I highly recommend this hotel. It was a great experience!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive review! We really appreciate your feedback and are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. As the General Manager, I always appreciate hearing that our staff was friendly and helpful. We certainly look foward to having you stay with us again soon!

Been to Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa? Share your experiences!