“Totally Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Randolph, Massachusetts
“Totally Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

The vegetarian entrees were generally priced at $9.95 for supper making them some of the most reasonably priced dishes we've seen in a long-time.

The meal started with plenty of pappadam. Not the usual 2-3 chips we've received at other places but seven full-sized pieces along with an absolutely excellent mint chutney.

We ordered the chili pakoras as an appetizer. They were extremely spicy hot and were dipped in gram flour before frying. There were enough of them in a single order to easily feed two of us. Totally yummy and totally made the meal!! If you love chilis, you will love these!

Our main courses were spiced to perfection. We had the navrathan veggies and the orka dish both of which came with plenty of basmati rice. We ordered bread and raita to complete the meal. The raita was excellent, definitely some of the best I've ever had, very delicately spiced. My wife had the parathra bread which she described as buttery and delicious.

The beverages were bottomless and the waitstaff was very friendly and attentive.

Highly recommended!! A wonderful experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

The Deep South
“The Only Indian Restaurant in Tuscaloosa, So You're Stuck With It.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

I really want to like Sitar, since it's the only Indian restaurant in Tuscaloosa. But I have now gotten food poisoning there twice. The second time, I wrote them a letter, but I never heard back from them. I realize that food poisoning can happen to a good restaurant, but Sitar has other problems as well. The decor is dark and depressing, and over the years the quality of the food has gone up and down radically. I would love it if this place would improve the quality of its food and decor once and for all. I think the place has potential, but I'm too worried about food poisoning to go again anytime soon.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Superior, Wisconsin
“Good lunch buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

The restaurant may have changed its name to Sitar. The buffet was very good, with excellent naan. Service was very good. The beer selection was also very good. Very reasonably priced for very good food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Falls Church, Virginia
“Go for lunch! The buffet offers a lot of choices and all of the food is delicious!! This is a family run restaurant...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2008

Go for lunch! The buffet offers a lot of choices and all of the food is delicious!! This is a family run restaurant and the food is all fresh.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I can't say that I've been to that many Indian restaurants, but Maharaja is my favorite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008