“Ok hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Trussville
South Mississippi
“Ok hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The room was ok and font desk service was good. The beds were a little hard but acceptable. This hotel is obviously a little older. It was clean and quiet. That was what mattered most to us. My biggest complaint would be the breakfast. The attendant didn't seem to care if there was food out or not. She was more interested in her cellphone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Trussville C, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Melissa,
We appreciate you taking the time to post on tripadvisor. We strive to do better. We want to get it right for you, our guest.
Thank you and we are looking forward to welcoming you into our hotel in the future.
Janice

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Muncie, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Even though we didn't spend a lot of time in our room, the room was clean and very comfortable. Didn't notice any mold in bathroom, carpet in room and hallway looked nice, ac/heat worked and had a flat screen tv. Didn't get to use the pool since it was the middle of November and didn't have time for breakfast. Front desk staff was friendly. Overall....good experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
James,
Sorry for taking so long to respond to your nice comments regarding our hotel. We thank you!
Come back & visit us again .
Janice
Priceville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was in town for an event this weekend and just needed a place to stay. I had seen mixed reviews on this hotel - mainly good tho and it was right behind the Harley dealership I had to be at the next morning so it was too convenient. I was pleasantly surprised. Everyone was extremely nice. I'm always nervous about that first time entering a hotel room because I've stayed in some bad ones. This room was EXTREMELY clean and even had a nice clean smell. Never saw the first bug - never saw anything that would make me think the room wasn't cleaned regularly - the carpets were clean - no mold/dirt on the lamps or in the corners of the room. I literally wished I had an excuse to stay an extra night. It's within walking distance of good restaurants and there's shopping close by too!. I decided to try the breakfast the next morning and it was good too! Your typical hotel free breakfast but nothing I had was stale and they had a nice selection for anyone. Both the ladies working that morning were extremely nice - and the lady working in the breakfast area really made sure you felt welcome and had everything you needed. The lady doing the housekeeping that morning was even extremely nice. I might have to find an excuse to go back to Trussville just to stay here again. I was very satisfied.

Room Tip: I have read people saying that rooms on the 3rd floor had a cigarette smoke smell - my room was on t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Trussville C, Executive Housekeeper at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking time to respond on how well you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope you will stay again in the future. We are now finished with our renovation, and look forward to having you as our guest again.
Patricia
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went to Alabama to visit relatives & needed a room for one night. Actually, this was our second stay at this location. We did enjoy our stay. The room was very clean and comfortable. Staff were very friendly & made us feel welcome. We ate the complimentary breakfast & even though it was the typical hotel breakfast, it was pretty good. There is restaurants within walking distance. We would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Canby, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I were in town recently for a family reunion. The Staff was very helpful and very professional. The rooms very clean and the free breakfast was awesome. You cannot go wrong for the Price. It is close to shopping as well as the Museum. Next time I will definitely use the pool.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

The halls smelled of smoke and we were suppose to have a non smoking room. We were relieved to walk in the room and it not smell of smoke, but it was mildewy smelling. I thought maybe it was because the room had been closed off but the smell stayed. It was clean and up dated. The bed slept good. I told the desk about the smell and I got an "ok". No sorry or offer to fix.

• Stayed August 2012
Anniston, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

During my stay at this hotel, my bank card was charged three times (two of those being unauthorized charges). To date, only one of the three charges has been removed. I had originally requested a two-night stay but found out that I would not need the additional night. The front desk clerk told me that even though it was past check out time, I would be able to check out and assured me that I would only be charged for one night in which I was given a receipt stating that amount. I have spoken with the General Manager of this hotel and was told that she would check into this matter and call me back. Unfortunately, the General Manager is now not returning nor accepting my calls. Almost a week later, after checking my bank statement, I noticed that activity from this hotel was still occurring on my account. A credit for one night’s stay was applied and then taken off. I would not recommend anyone staying at this hotel. If you do, pay with cash - don’t give them your credit card information.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!