“Updated but smelly!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Trussville
Tennessee
“Updated but smelly!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

The halls smelled of smoke and we were suppose to have a non smoking room. We were relieved to walk in the room and it not smell of smoke, but it was mildewy smelling. I thought maybe it was because the room had been closed off but the smell stayed. It was clean and up dated. The bed slept good. I told the desk about the smell and I got an "ok". No sorry or offer to fix.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Anniston, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

During my stay at this hotel, my bank card was charged three times (two of those being unauthorized charges). To date, only one of the three charges has been removed. I had originally requested a two-night stay but found out that I would not need the additional night. The front desk clerk told me that even though it was past check out time, I would be able to check out and assured me that I would only be charged for one night in which I was given a receipt stating that amount. I have spoken with the General Manager of this hotel and was told that she would check into this matter and call me back. Unfortunately, the General Manager is now not returning nor accepting my calls. Almost a week later, after checking my bank statement, I noticed that activity from this hotel was still occurring on my account. A credit for one night’s stay was applied and then taken off. I would not recommend anyone staying at this hotel. If you do, pay with cash - don’t give them your credit card information.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Gainesville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I needed a place to stay enroute to home, and my GPS guided me to this Comfort Inn. Called ahead to make sure rooms were available, and for a place to park my tractor trailer. staff was very nice and was apologetic that I had to park on the street (no big deal to me). When I arrived, all the smoking rooms were filled, so I was upgraded to a suite at no extra charge(very nice surprise). bed was comfortable, shower is great. breakfast is another story. the hot sausage and eggs were so hard, (old), I thought I'd break a tooth. stale doughnuts, and weak coffee. I thought of complaining but the staff person was busy texting on her phone. other than that, nice place and would stay again. Almost gave this a very good, but breakfast made it average.

Room Tip: eat at McDonalds up the street.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Duncanville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Stayed one night in 2Q non-smoking room on first floor at end of hall. Used coupon from visitors center for walk-ins. Called earlier, and plenty of rooms were available. Room was very clean. Bedding and furniture are not "new" but in good shape. Bed was comfortable with 4 pillows provided per bed. Towels were soft, with plenty of counter space in the bathroom. AC cooled well. Tub TV, but picture was clear. Coffee, microwave and fridge provided, which was a plus. Breakfast was good with standard cold items plus waffles, eggs, yogart, and sausage, Eating area was very clean and well stocked. Check-out was quick and no hassle.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Panama City Beach Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

found blood on sheets as about to go to bed used soap in shower several palmetto bugs or roaches in hallway and one in breakfast area, cable and internet was out,, very dirty place thank goodness for cracker barrell next door for breakfast..never again

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
ALABAMA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed in the Comfort Inn on 09/07/11 for one night. We live in the area and our power at home had been out for days, so we decided to stay at a hotel until our power was restored. This was our first stay at a Comfort Inn and it was an alright hotel for the money. The staff here is very friendly and the complimentary breakfast was good.
Our room was on the second floor and very noisy during the night due to somebody stomping around upstairs. The room was spacious and mostly clean. The carpets were very stained and there was no remote for the tv. The bathroom and beds were clean and neat. The refrigerator and microwave was a nice plus.

I would recommend that if you stay you ask for a room on the third floor. They only have three floors and you could avoid the upstairs noise if you did. The best part of staying in this hotel is the location. You are within walking distance of Applebee's, Lone Star, Cracker Barrell and several gas stations. There are many more restaurants nearby that you can drive to along with Walmart, Sam's, Kmart, CVS, Walgreen's and several other stores. There is also a movie theater down the street so you have a lot of dining, shopping and entertainment options available.

We have stayed in cleaner hotels for the same rate, but I would stay here again if needed.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor and go to their website to sign up for reduced rates and a reward card.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Guntersville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

In June 2011 I stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites for ten days. This stay was great. Wonderful large room, clean both interior and exterior, and the night auditor Christina went out of her way to see that my stay was a pleasant one. The continental breakfast was quiet tasty with coffee served 24/7. For the freshest non breakfast hours coffee visit the lobby while Christina is on duty. She keeps a smile on her face and makes you feel right at home with that freshly brewed coffee. For a female traveling along, this is most important!!! The first shift desk clerk (desk mgr. I think) was pleasant during this visit as well. The rooms are clean and roomy. I love the firm beds.
However, my return visit on August 1, 2011 was not so pleasant. I had planned to stay at the hotel for thirty daysbut, due to an unpleasant encounter with second shift front desk personnel at check in (Lawanda or Kawanda) I think, I will not be returning. In fact, I made a special trip to the property to obtain the owners name/names. I do have a contact name, but not the owner. I'm the kind of person who had rather tell the situtation only once if at all possible. Since I was unable to locate information on the Investment Company owining the motel, I have no choice but to contact the General Mgr. who hopefully can give me answers for the conduct of her employee. Before this incident on August 1, 2011 I would have recommended this property to anyone, but being a former business owner I know the value of kind, courteous customer service which wasn't reflected on my August 1st. trip. I stayed one night and checked out the next morning. The front desk mgr. checkef me out, and never ask why I had decided not to stay the original 30 days. Afterall, they wern't doing me a favor by providing me a bed to sleep in, but I surely felt like I was one of a million other cutomers who had stayed there.......and for her it appeared to be an effort to get me assigned to the room. No problem for me though, I'll just continue staying in Trussville where I need to be, but just not at The Comfort Inn & Suites. To the General Mgr., please expect an email from me within the next ten days as I feel the motel is responsible for my loss of ChoicePoints.for my 30 days that I couldn't stay with you! L.H. North Alabama

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trussville
Holiday Inn Express Trussville
3.5 of 5 stars 17 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham/Trussville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!