“JUST "OK" HOTEL IN A GOOD LOCATION” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Trussville
ALABAMA
“JUST "OK" HOTEL IN A GOOD LOCATION”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed in the Comfort Inn on 09/07/11 for one night. We live in the area and our power at home had been out for days, so we decided to stay at a hotel until our power was restored. This was our first stay at a Comfort Inn and it was an alright hotel for the money. The staff here is very friendly and the complimentary breakfast was good.
Our room was on the second floor and very noisy during the night due to somebody stomping around upstairs. The room was spacious and mostly clean. The carpets were very stained and there was no remote for the tv. The bathroom and beds were clean and neat. The refrigerator and microwave was a nice plus.

I would recommend that if you stay you ask for a room on the third floor. They only have three floors and you could avoid the upstairs noise if you did. The best part of staying in this hotel is the location. You are within walking distance of Applebee's, Lone Star, Cracker Barrell and several gas stations. There are many more restaurants nearby that you can drive to along with Walmart, Sam's, Kmart, CVS, Walgreen's and several other stores. There is also a movie theater down the street so you have a lot of dining, shopping and entertainment options available.

We have stayed in cleaner hotels for the same rate, but I would stay here again if needed.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor and go to their website to sign up for reduced rates and a reward card.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Guntersville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

In June 2011 I stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites for ten days. This stay was great. Wonderful large room, clean both interior and exterior, and the night auditor Christina went out of her way to see that my stay was a pleasant one. The continental breakfast was quiet tasty with coffee served 24/7. For the freshest non breakfast hours coffee visit the lobby while Christina is on duty. She keeps a smile on her face and makes you feel right at home with that freshly brewed coffee. For a female traveling along, this is most important!!! The first shift desk clerk (desk mgr. I think) was pleasant during this visit as well. The rooms are clean and roomy. I love the firm beds.
However, my return visit on August 1, 2011 was not so pleasant. I had planned to stay at the hotel for thirty daysbut, due to an unpleasant encounter with second shift front desk personnel at check in (Lawanda or Kawanda) I think, I will not be returning. In fact, I made a special trip to the property to obtain the owners name/names. I do have a contact name, but not the owner. I'm the kind of person who had rather tell the situtation only once if at all possible. Since I was unable to locate information on the Investment Company owining the motel, I have no choice but to contact the General Mgr. who hopefully can give me answers for the conduct of her employee. Before this incident on August 1, 2011 I would have recommended this property to anyone, but being a former business owner I know the value of kind, courteous customer service which wasn't reflected on my August 1st. trip. I stayed one night and checked out the next morning. The front desk mgr. checkef me out, and never ask why I had decided not to stay the original 30 days. Afterall, they wern't doing me a favor by providing me a bed to sleep in, but I surely felt like I was one of a million other cutomers who had stayed there.......and for her it appeared to be an effort to get me assigned to the room. No problem for me though, I'll just continue staying in Trussville where I need to be, but just not at The Comfort Inn & Suites. To the General Mgr., please expect an email from me within the next ten days as I feel the motel is responsible for my loss of ChoicePoints.for my 30 days that I couldn't stay with you! L.H. North Alabama

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I Visit Birmingham several times a year and anytime my visit is less than three days I stay here. The rooms are always clean and the location is a plus. If your looking for a hotel close to Bham for a weekend stay at a good price this is the place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Toney, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

The hotel and room were very clean. It's a great place for the category of hotel it is. My only complaint would be that they overcharge for the quality.. Either step up their game and be slightly higher end, or lower prices and embrace their current position.

• Stayed June 2011
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

We planned to drive through Birmingham last Wednesday and were caught up in the horrific tornadoes. The staff here made sure everyone was taken care of, we huddled on the floor in the hallway with pillows, blankets, loved ones and just waited. It seemed the storm would hit us at any moment and then it passed. I can't say enough for the employee on duty that night she never took shelter - just made sure we were all safe. Is this the best place I have ever stayed, no, but they didn't turn anyone away and made the best of a terrible situation.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

We expected more from this Comfort Inn. It was adequate however many areas need updating and cleaning. We booked our reservation on the Comfort Inn website and found after checking in that not only were the rates higher than if we would have called the 1-800 reservation number but even cheaper if would have called the hotel directly. The hotel pays corporate for each reservation made through the phone or internet so from this point IF we stay at another iChoice hotel, we will be calling directly to verify the lowest price. Internet was out for two days.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Warner Robins, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

We reserved a nonsmoking room on-line well in advanced. When we arrived the hotel we were placed in a smoking room. I called the desk to let them know, and they said there was nothing they could do because the hotel was full. The smell was so bad our clothes and hair ended up smelling of smoke when we left the room.

Later in the evening I opened the nightstand and found garbage, ashes, and cigarette butts in the drawer. When I informed the desk of that, they still said they couldn't do anything about it because housekeeping didn't some in till the morning. In the morning, housekeeping just gave us excuses as to why there was garbage in the drawer stating it must have been from a customer that was in the room but then quickly switched for a nonsmoking. So, the hypothetical troubled customer went in the room long enough to smoke, eat candy, and dispose of the garbage in the drawer only to change rooms for a nonsmoking room.

Additionally, the manager made excuses for giving us a smoking room by blaming it on the corporate website we made reservations through. She stated it doesn't always show up as nonsmoking when they view the customer's reservation at the hotel prior to arrival. The interesting thing is, they clearly knew we requested nonsmoking because the night staff had me sign for a nonsmoking room.

To add insult to injury, we later realized there were only four towels in the bath. Our reservation was clearly for six people in one suite, so we of course needed a minimum of six towels.

The room was filthy, smelly, and very difficult to sleep in. We chose it for the convenient location to the family we were visiting.

It was just overall a horrible stay and we will look for another place to stay when we go back to Trussville, or opt for staying in Birmingham.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!