“Mediocre lodging” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Trussville
Vacaville
“Mediocre lodging”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

Stayed here on Jan 29th. Nothing stellar about this hotel they provided clean accommodations at a premium price. Room was unremarkable and the continental breakfast was underwhelming. On the plus side there was a very large parking lot.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Brentwood, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

I was on a business trip and expected it to be run of the mill factory with narrow corridors. But I was surprised (pleasantly) with the open attrium. I get claustrophobic in the usual "factory" with narrow corridors. This was different. I think you will love it too.

The rooms and bathrroms were clean and everything in the hotel looked new (except for the TVs). I hope they will replace them soon. Then it will as good as a brand new hotel.

The breakfast person was friendly and actuall asked me if I need a toast or something. I said yes and she brought couple of toasts to my table.

On the whole it was great. I think you should keep it on your list.

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Washington, D.C.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The rooms were filthy; the sheets and mattress pad were stained with urine, the shower had hair and red staines on the wall, the towels were stained. When I complained the staff provided horrible customer service and refused to refund my money because I made the reservation through Priceline. Priceline was also uncooperative when I expressed my complaints about the quality of the room. Don't EVER stay in this hotel.

• Liked — Close to the highway
  • Disliked — Cleanliness of the room, hotel staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

first stay at a holiday inn express. it was new, clean, rooms where adequate size, had all the features you would want including free internet access and hot breakfast. beds were great

• Liked — beds
  • Disliked — few restaurants that delivered
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Brentwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

I was in trussville for a wedding with my family. The hotel staff was very friendly and greeted us with a smile. The rooms are extremely comfortableand the breakfast was to die for!!

Will definitely stay again and is highly recommended.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Altanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

When we arrived in plenty of time, we were told that the hotel was booked even though we had a reservation. Maybe God was looking out for us because the other hotel in the area was a lot better and closer to eatiries and etc. The general manager and his wife were not helpful at all and refused to refund our money. Do not waste the time and effort on this one

Stayed December 2007
Grove Hill, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2007

Super nice hotel in a great location. Right off the interstate with lots to see and do nearby - restaurants, shopping, etc. We had a suite which was extremely large and well-appointed. The staff was friendly and efficient and the rooms were clean and tastefully decorated. We really enjoyed our stay and hope to return again soon.

• Liked — Size of Suites
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Trussville? Share your experiences!