“Very dirty. Pool not up and running and the price is to high” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Very dirty. Pool not up and running and the price is to high”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Very dirty. Pool not up and running and the price is to high

• Stayed June 2012
Misty F, General Manager at Quality Inn of Troy, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
We stive to give all of our guests the best experience possible - I apologize we fell short. I do, however, appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we have room for improvement. I will use your comments to coach our team to do better.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you that your comments and concerns are important to us and that we have taken them and done what was necessary to correct them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Inn during the Special Olympics weekend. Average rooms, lock was falling off door in one of our rooms. Not very clean at all! However, I could look past all that but the service from the front desk was terrible, unprofessional and rude. It took me 45 minutes to check out, because they had billed my room to someone else's account. The girl at the desk kept swiping my card until I took it and said she want swiping it anymore. Guess what? Everytime she swiped it, it hit my account. I called the hotel and there are not words to describe how rude they were. I attendant told me I could come do it if I could do it if I wanted to and hung up on me, I called back and she told me she was tired of dealing with me and hung up on me AGAIN. I was calling from my office which records phone calls so I was in no way being rude or disrespectful to her. I was just wanting them to give me the money back they had hit my card for. I called corporate and got a complaint number. Ended up talking to district manager and she was a lot of help and comped our rooms. However, I will never frequent this establishment again. For a below average hotel to treat customers this way is beyond acceptable. Beware and watch your bank stAtements!

• Stayed May 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to let me know where we need coaching. I will most definitely take everything you said and use it as training tools for the current and upcoming team members.

I do apologize that you had a less than stellar experience here with us. We strive to do the best for each guest and it's unfortunate that we didn't meet your expectations.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and will take it and grow with it so that you, and other guests, will be given the "WOW" experience they deserve.

Misty Ferguson

Travelers are raving about these Troy hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

When you walk in it initially very clean smelling and feeling. I love the layout of the hotel with the huge windows that open onto the parking lot. The decor is very modern.

I would have given it 5 stars except:
1. everyday we had a housekeeper walk right into our room. Including in the middle of the afternoon.
2. The housekeepers bang on the door like there is a fire and do not wait before entering.
3. There was a huge, huge flying coach roach and some ear wigs.
4. The internet constantly drops out and is beyond slow. This by far is one of the worst wi fi experiences and we travel often.

We spent several nights here. On the plus side.
1. Very clean feeling
2. The rug is clean and fresh looking
3. Its big and spacious
4. There is a coach
5. a flat HD TV
6. They have tons of cable channels including HBO, most hotels do not
7. The decor is very nice and modern, most hotels the decor is dated and old.
8. The bed is comfortable and I love the blankets.
9. Housekeeping is very nice and helpful if they would stop walking in the rooms.
10. There is a large fridge and most hotels have small fridges.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay here with us at Quality Inn, Troy, AL. I am glad you had a good stay with us. We are glad that we did what was needed to make your stay pleasant.

The minor criticisms you left us, I'll use as growing tools for the team as well as to make sure that anything we need do take care of, that we do.

I hope that when your travles bring you back to the area that you'll come back and visit with us again.

Misty Ferguson
Pensacola, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Spent two nights at this hotel for a band clinic at Troy University. First for the good points - the beds were very comfortable and we were able to check in early. The water pressure was great in the shower. It was great to have both a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The breakfast was normal breakfast fare, adequate but nothing special. Now, for why I probably won't stay again. The rooms are definitely older and need some updating. The carpet and tile were worn; the carpet was ripped in places. The cleaning was questionable, especially the tiles and along the walls. The comforter on the bed was torn and ripped in places. It took about 10 minutes to get back and forth from the hotel to Troy University. Finally, I was a woman traveling with my daughter and they placed us in a room on the backside of the property that felt very isolated (outside entrance to the room). I know I could have probably asked for a different room, but was tired on arrival and just wanted to check in and relax. There are properties that are newer and closer to the school that include breakfast, and I will probably choose one of those properties in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the courtyard area so that you are not placed in a room on the backside of the pro...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Lenoir City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

They have completely redone the rooms. New beds, new carpet, shower, vanity you name it! The beds were some of the most comfortable I have slept in! Loved it!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
West Palm Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

Sure it's one of Holiday Inn's older properties, but the rooms are clean and appointed typical Holiday Inn which means cluttered with too much furniture in such a small space. However, what impressed me was the friendly staff. Sure, I could stay at a newer hotel and pay more, but why pay for rude service or a cold welcome. This was a welcomed suprise for a true road warrior.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Miami Gardens, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

For the past 4-5 years we have been traveling to Ala, for Thanksgiving to visit my in laws. We visit this Holiday Inn, at least twice a year. We stayed there in 03/09. That stay wasn't one of our best stays. The hotel seemed ran down, TERRIBLE CHEAP BEDS, room decor looks like items purchased from the local dollar general store. But, we said we'll try it again. MARCH 2009, was the worst stay there EVER. The pool water was green, and dirty, they said the water pump had broken about 2 weeks prior, the bedding wasn't the cleanest. Actually, when we arrived the room they gave us had hair all over the bed, as if someone got up and made it up. The heating wasn't working, it's pretty cold in March. They gave another room.....let's just say we made the best of our stay. There hot buffet breakfast was awesome this time, in all the years of staying there I never enjoyed it. I guess when when 1 thing declines something else improves!!!!!!!!!!!!They had the nerve to send us a survey, after giving all my complaints, an apology was never given. I would NEVER stay at this hotel again, UNLESS its under NEW MANAGEMENT. By the way the city has grown so much, there are so many new restaurants, stores, and there is a BRAND NEW Bestwestern Hotel, it's beautiful.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn of Troy? Share your experiences!