“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 56 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011 via mobile

Service was good, food was average. The restaurant never feels clean!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

BirminghamAL
“Don't order the special!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I love Country's BBQ in Auburn, but this one is not the same. This one is owned by the same people that own the one in Montgomery and other places. I left home on Sunday, 05/15 and waited patiently to get to Country's in Troy. I arrived around 5:00 p.m. to an almost empty resturant -- which I thought was a bit odd.

The sign out front listed several specials, a $4.99 sandwich and $6.99 half chicken. I found out quickly that the specials only come with one side (slaw, baked beans, or french fries). NO SUBSTITUTIONS FOR ANY REASON BECAUSE OF THE BOSS' ORDERS (This policy is why I stopped going to the Montgomery store). It made no difference if you have dietary restrictions, take their choice of sides or pay full price.

The waitress was very patient and an excellent waitress (Brittany I think) and was a credit to the resturant. I had already received my $2 diet coke in their trademark quart jar or I would have left. I was traveling through, needed to get to my destination, didn't want a full meal, so I ordered the BBQ sandwich and fries.

BIG MISTAKE!!!! A dried out bun piled high with dried out pork with two pickles on it. (The sauce was on the table). I guessing they give the older stuff when people order the special. The french fries were home cut from potatoes with the skins still on (which I usually love but not supposed to have). I didn't have any trouble not eating them all because they were only moderately warm, soggy, and had way too much salt on them. They also had obviously been sitting arount too long.

I finished my meal, paid and expressed my concerns to the cashier (who was extremely nice and gave me a card so I could comment there or send it via e-mail). I used e-mail but it's been a week and no response.

Like I said, when I'm in Auburn I love the Country's there. Different owner and different quality -- and, unlike this one, they like pleasing their customers. And, I used to like this one -- again I had been driving for about four hours in anticipation of eating there.

I think I now know why the resturant was about 90% empty at 5:00 P.M. on a Sunday evening with the road packed with traffic.

Owner: diabetics need different choices than cole slaw, french fries, and baked beans loaded with brown sugar. I'm not willing to pay full price for a $9.99 meal just to get one side that is on my "list" when your special allows for one side and they are all basically the same price (except a sweet potato is .30 more.

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Milton, Wisconsin
“Great Southern BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

We really enjoy sampling local BBQ restaurants in our travels. This is a great one and we were glad we droe a few more miles down the road before stopping for lunch. The pulled pork sandwich was fantastic, great sauces and the baked beens were amazing with just the right amount of zing. Service was super and the waitress helped us Northerners understand the details of Sweet tea and Buttermilk pie.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to country's barbecue? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage country's barbecue, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.