“Gardens” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Attractions in Theodore
Type: Historic Sites, Gardens, Outdoors
Activities: Walking
More attraction details
Owner description: This 65-acre estate is most well known for its lush and beautiful gardens featuring azaleas, camellias, and other flowering plants, but the house, built in 1935, is also stunning. It's listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Palm Bay, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Gardens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The gardens were very nice and would be spectacular in the spring or summer. The Gardens were not crowded and it was very nice to leisurely walk through them and take the time to stop and smell the roses. The Home tour was interesting and informative and the guide was very friendly and courteous.

New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

When it comes to attractions such as this I am spoiled because I live near the spectacular Longwood Gardens, and most all other gardens pale in comparison. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised with my visit to Bellingrath Gardens. We walked around all of the gardens and trails and it took us 3 hours. We stopped to take a lot of pictures along the way. We did not take the House tour, and the boat cruise was not offered on this day. It was a very nice day weather-wise and we really enjoyed strolling the gardens. We were pleased that even though it is October there were many flowers in bloom. The rose garden was especially beautiful. They were in the process of stringing lights for Christmas, and I can only imagine how amazing that will be, based on the number of lights they are putting up. They have a nice gift shop too.

Winterville, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

So peaceful, so beautiful! I wish I could have spent more than 2 hours, but that was all I could do. Go in the spring, fall , or winter. Summer in the Deep South is horrible. I saw the house and some of the garden and wish I could have gone on the river cruise. If I ever win the lottery I want a home a small garden like Bellingrath!

Bradford, Pennsylvania
22 attraction reviews
“Beautiful grounds and home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful extensive gardens with a wide variety of plantings. The boat ride was nice and relaxing. The map of the grounds is easy to follow. You can easily spend several hours there. We did take the house tour which was lovely with beautiful furnishings and decorative objects. However, the day we were there they were short on help and rushed us through quite quickly without much of an explanation. One guide became very frustrated with the situation and apologized that we weren't getting a better quality tour. I would love to go back some day when we could spend more time in the house. There is a very nice gift shop.

Visited April 2013
Springfield, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
“BEAUTIFUL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Spent the entire morning walking through the 65 acres of flowers, trees and water features. It is Oct. but the gardens are blooming everywhere you look. The tour of the house was leisurely with plenty of time for stories and questions. Such a gorgeous place! They were stringing lights for the Christmas season. Wish I could see it then.