“Wonderful service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Spanish Fort
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
U.S.A
“Wonderful service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had a fairly large party, but didn't have to wait very long to be seated on a Friday night. The waitress was attentive and made sure our glasses were full. The food was served not long after we ordered; everyone in our party was happy with their order. The cheese grits were a favorite with our group, as well as the hushpuppies and blackened shrimp. The grilled shrimp had a "different" taste to it. One member of our party is allergic to crab, and apparently they use a seasoning or cook the crab with other things, because he did have a slight reaction soon after we ate.
We were able to see a beautiful sunset from our table.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rutledge, Tennessee
“Quaint restaurant on the water but seafood disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We ate at the Oyster House on Battleship Parkway in the afternoon and were glad to be seated immediately. We had a great view of the water and enjoyed seeing all the old boat motors and unique signs on the walls. The waiter was prompt at refilling our iced teas as we waited a while for the food, and he seemed pleasant to everyone at the restaurant. My husband and boys ordered luncheon steamed seafood platters containing little crab claws, head-on shrimp, oysters, red-skin potatoes and corn on the cob at $12.95 each. I ordered the soft shell crab po'boy with slaw and fries ($10.95). The boys enjoyed peeling and eating their shrimp, and my oldest son loved the potatoes. The corn and slaw were good too; the slaw was a tad sweet--just the way I like it. Each of us tried the shrimp and my husband and I agreed it was overcooked and kind of rubbery although the boys liked it. My soft shell crab sandwich was alright, but I guess I was hoping for more actual crab rather than mostly bread, lettuce, and tomatoes. The mini crab claws were not as tasty as we expected either. However, my husband said the oysters were very good.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, Mississippi
“Lots of good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Very busy but staff was still incredibly attentive. Of course I order from the 'specialties menu' or other and avoid fried because these orders are always freshly made. I was not disappointed. Will be back

Visited May 2014
West Salem, Ohio
“First time eating oysters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband and I stopped here after going on the airboat ride that leaves directly behind the restaurant. We had never had oysters before and the wonderful waitress we had allowed us to each sample a raw and grilled oyster. The raw were okay (not sure I am a fan of raw seafood) but the grilled ones were very good. The waitress was awesome and very helpful in showing us the best way to eat the raw oysters. If we are ever in the area again we will stop in.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mobile, Alabama
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Our family had a great lunch with great service. Alligator po'boy, shrimp po'boy, fish tacos, and grilled oysters were great. We will be returning for sure.

• Visited March 2014