“Nice Restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Nice Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This new restaurant is a nice place to visit. It has nice views of the surrounding area and offers both indoor and outdoor dining. I ordered the pork chops with baked potato and salad and was pleased. I noticed other diners eating other good looking dishes especially seafood. My service was good. My waitress made one small mistake that she corrected. I had read other reviews about bad service but did not experience that. I would come back here to eat and believe it is possible to rate this place a 4 in the near future. I recommend.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Loxley, Alabama, United States
“Worst service ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

When we arrived we were told there was a 20 minute wait but no sooner we sat down our buzzer lite up. We were seated and from there it went down hill. Our waiter finally came and took our drink order, another 15 minutes passed we finally got our drinks. Then another 20 minutes passed and we finally ordered our food. After every table around us were served and by the way they came in after us, a table of two, our food came. So now an hour has passed and no one came to see if we would like another drink. Even the hostess went to all the tables around us but NEVER asked us about our meal or service. We finally had to ask for our bill. The food was not anything special, will Not go back...........We should have gone back to Felixes,

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mobile, Alabama
“awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

hard to decide which was worse. waiting for an hour and 30 minutes for a table, only to see 5 dirty , unseated tables on way to my seat ? or was it the table they sat me in right by back door ?
every server and customer hit my chair on way by. Or was it the 50 minute wait for food ? which was cold and well below mediocre.
amazed at the size of this place, and the tiny eating area. no clue why, but they sure missed the boat. why build a huge place and make teh customers sit on to of each other ? and why not decent food ? shrimp terrible, and fish tasted like was frozen just as it turned bad ...... and all that for a hundred dollars .

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Point Clear, Alabama
“So Much Potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Laps boasts a great location on Mobile Bay. You can sit and sip a cold beer and alligator watch from the back covered deck. This is a brand new venue with a lot going for it. However, the service was really pathetic. No one seemed to know what they were doing. It took quite a long time before someone had the nerve to wait on us. And when we finally corralled a waitress, it was shift change! Then we had to wait all over again for another waitress to finally claim to be waiting on us. In all, not a good experience. I may try again in six months. Maybe they will have the kinks worked out by then. By the way appetizers were not bad.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“How do you get it wrong with such a great location?? Waste of prime real estate!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

From beginning to end. The Parking lot is horribly designed. Nowhere to park a large vehicle (4 door truck) we ended up circling through tight turns and finally parking on the outside by the street because we were scared that we wouldn't be able to get out. Seems as if they could have designed a better parking lot, less barricades (maybe city owns some road front??) We took the stairs up , which were a bit slippery requiring us to hold onto the rails. We stepped inside and it was nice and cool. We were told there was a wait so we walked around. The building is tastefully designed and had many "nice touches" and lots of eye catching driftwood pieces, even alligators- which the kids loved! After being seated it took quite awhile for a waitress to get to us. We originally sat outside but with clouds forming we asked to move inside which may account for the delay. The noise in the dining area was incredibly loud. I don't think the design was well thought out, as a restaurant usually has walls/doors that keep the kitchen area( and the noise) hidden from the diners View and noise. With the very small, close seating and the kitchen noise we could barely hear ourselves talk amongst our group. I have frequented other restaurants on the causeway and they all have large dining areas and the kitchen is not exposed. I assume this is just a new concept, but poorly designed, and not appealing for a guest. The service was good but not great. The waitress was nice but didnt seem enthusiastic about anything and at times we couldn't find her for a refill. The food - I ordered the shrimp, wife ordered crab cakes, friends ordered steak and a burger, kids shared crab claws. We all enjoyed the meal but didnt feel like it was the quality we were expecting. With such a huge building we expected a large restaurant, it didn't seem to have a dozen or more tables. ( we definitely won't return in the colder months as the wait would be extremely long) overall we were disappointed. We saw the lights on the causeway and thought this to be a new and quite large restaurant, but realized we couldn't even bring a party of more than 6 and be seated properly. We visited the bait area and convenience store on the way out. I go past here on the way downtown every morning but the parking and long walk don't make the convenient store very convenient!! I would finish my coffee before I got to my car. The fresh market is clean and offers a great selection of which i will frequent for a home cooked meal (a quiet one!) Overall its a nice building but the food and service are average and overpriced. It seems as if someone poured a lot of money into this but didn't have a good design. Hopefully they will advertise the fish market, we didn't even know it was there until we visited. I guess they just opened recently so hopefully they will work out the service issues and improve the food. I looked at other reviews and it seems to be a hit or miss most of the time. Its a shame because we expected something new and different!! We will return another time and see if things have changed , if they don't I don't think they will be able to compete and will close.

• 1 of 5 stars Food