“Dirtiest Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Las Brisas On The Bay

Las Brisas On The Bay
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Spanish Fort
Las Brisas On The Bay
You added Las Brisas On The Bay to your Saves list
1525 Battleship Pkwy, Spanish Fort, AL 36525 (Formerly Ramada Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Spanish Fort
“Dirtiest Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2005

This was the dirtiest place I have ever stayed. The outside of the hotel looked bad when we pulled up, but once inside all doubt as to cleanliness was removed. The workers didn't care about any of the complaints we had. We had ten families that stayed at the hotel. Two of the families were moved three times before they got a room where the air conditioning worked. The room had not been vacuumed in a long time. We wore our shoes the entire time we were in the room. Behind the desk were beer cans and trash. The bedspread had blood all over it (on the side that touches the blanket and the sheets). Our friends in the room next to us actually fecies in their room. Each room received two free breakfasts, but we wouldn't eat there because if the rooms are that nasty, there is no telling how dirty the kitchen is. The shower curtain was so nasty that we didn't even shut it when we showered.

• Stayed June 2005

Families
Solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2005

Before coming to Las Brisas to join others at a conference held there, I read the reviews I could find. There were only two and they were bad. They had both been written after the bad storm had passed through and comments reflected its effects. So, I went there with an open mind, promising the manager that I would give a good review if it was worthy.

The elevators had been repaneled and were clean with no bad smell. The lobby was in the process of being remodeled as the entire first floor had been damaged by the storm. They are located in a unique location, but its very location leaves it vulnerable to any big storm in the area.

Upon checkin, I found the other part of the suite had never been cleaned after the previous guest. We were promised it were be cleaned immediately and went across the street for a late lunch (yum!). We returned to find the room had not been cleaned and were told by one employee we would have to move if we wanted a suite. At the desk they said we would not have to move and they would see the room would be cleaned. It was about four hours after we checked in. The whole place seemed a bit care-worn and the carpets in the halls were not laid well. But our room was comfortable and the bed was comfy.

The restaurant served an adequate breakfast, though service was a little slow. This poor place is cursed with too many chiefs and not enough indians as some of the cleaning ladies were pulling double shifts. Up to date computer info for all the rooms, but not always accurate as to what had been done to the rooms. Plenty of parking and close to the USS Alabama.

We were overcharged for the PA system and many of the members of our group complained of dirty rooms and some even moved to other hotels. The pool had not been cleaned yet, but at that time of year, no one cared. The staff were pleasant and tried to please.

Stayed February 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2005

This place needs lots of improvement. I stayed there for three days and it was like being in a sit com. Granted, they're still recovering from Hurricane Ivan damage, there are things they can do to make guests comfortable.

On my hall, there was a torn up green couch sitting outside the elevator. There was also a broken AC unit in the hallway. In my room, the wall was cracked and the curtain was tattered. There was no clock in the room, there was a snake's nest of unused cables behind the dresser (I only found out because I had to hook my laptop up) as well as exposed cable TV connections.

If the ownership will do little things to liven the place up like: get a nice new temporary hotel sign, a fresh coat of paint, clean the spider webs from the awning and cob webs from outside the guest room windows, groom the grass, it'll be at least a bit nicer.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2005

Our stay had a few problems, our TV Channels were blurry the first night and 1 day out of 6 the room wasn't cleaned. We let the Front Desk know about the TV Channels and while we were gone that day, they sent someone up to fix the TV. When we got in for the day, we found out that the room wasn't cleaned, they sent someone up to clean it. We had to leave the room for an hour. When we came back the room, the room was clean. Since we had problems, the Manager gave us a free night; so, we stayed a total of 7 nights. I did not go in expecting perfection, especially after Ivan. I feel that it is a nice hotel. It is close to ALMOST everything and it has a wonderful view. We were in a 6th floor tower room. They have a buffet breakfast that starts early in the by 6 or 7:00am. They have a Dinner Buffet that is good; too, if you do not mind eating around 7:00pm. We had a 2 year-old child with us so it was too late for us to eat. They may have a Lunch Buffet, I do not know, we were gone during the day visiting all of the sights and riding the downtown FREE Trolley.

• Stayed May 2005
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2005

Ok, this hotel does have some problems but I had an enjoyable stay. I stayed 3 nights at this hotel. First off dont expect a 5 start hotel when you are paying $65 a night. I read the reviews of the bad rooms and mold but never saw any mold in my room. I had a room on the top floor which was a non smoking floor. My room was clean. I will agree with one of the reviews that there are not many chanels the TV gets. On the positive side, the view from our room was great. I could look out the window and see the USS Alabama just a half mile down the bay. The worst thing that happend the whole stay was the elevator was broken for half a day and we had to use the stairs but other than that there were no problems. Maybe I was just lucky but my stay at Las Brisas was good. They looked like they were in the middle of renovating also...

Seattle, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2005

We had two rooms. Both had only 2 channels on the t.v. Both of the rooms and the hallways had dirty floors. The room on the 6th floor had only one brown stain on the water damaged ceiling in the bathroom. The room on the 1st floor was the worst. The whole bathroom ceiling was disgusting. There was a hole in the wall with tissue stuffed in it. The whole room was dingy.

The service was terrible. They lost our reservations, but luckily the place is such a dump there were other rooms available, even during mardi gras (which is why we stayed there - no other rooms available in the city). While checking in, someone came to the front desk asking for a sheet because their bed was missing one. The staff told them they didn't have any. We asked for a roll away bed and were told they didn't have any even though we saw a room full of them.

It says they have continental breakfast but I never saw any. The whole place smelled. The parking lot was trashed, as was the entire property. The front desk was made of plywood - looked like it wasn't yet finished and you might get a splinter if you lean on it.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2004

I have been staying at this hotel now for a month. There are some problems but I have become to know the owner and manger of the hotel pretty well. At first I was very disappointed with the apperance of the room, however, any complaint that I had was promptly taken care of. The owners have been renovating this hotel for some time now. High speed internet is being installed (ready in all rooms by the end of Jan) and re-doing all rooms asthetically. Please do not judge too harshly the owners and manager are doing the best they can with what they have. The restraunt is very good I have never heard of a complaint by anyone staying there and there are over 50 people between my company and the other companies affiliated with the line of work that I am in. The bar is also a great hang out. They have Texas hold-em poker tournaments, dart tournaments, karaoke and other attractions. I say and mean give them a chance. I have stayed in much much worse and wouldn't even consider putting Las Brisas on a top 50 worst hotels to stay in.

Been to Las Brisas On The Bay? Share your experiences!