“This hotel is wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Selma
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“This hotel is wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel. It is a great hotel. The remodeling since my last stay is beautiful, new carpet is so nice, new vanity and the room is big and clean. The staff was so nice and very helpful, the housekeeper that serviced my room everyday was polite and she made sure I had everything I needed. It is quiet and comfortable. The pool is clean and nice. The breakfast is very good too. Great location, walmart is next door and lots of restaurants close by. I am very happy with these accomodations, they have went well over my expectations. I would recommend anyone that visits selma to stay here. I have decided this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Great job to the manager and the staff for making it such a nice place! The price wasnt bad either with the choice hotel membership. I will definently be back to visit Selma again and this is the only hotel I will stay at.

Room Tip: stayed in room 219, very nice room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
best-rest-stay, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out fantastic 5 star review on trip advisor, and repeat stay at our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly remodeled room, and our staff service. I have shared your comment with my front desk , housekeeping, breakfast, and maintenance staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words.

We are expecting new choice truly yours bedding in coming weeks.

We're looking forward to providing you the better pleasant accommodations next time you are in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great hotel. I will stay here everytime. Good service, great breakfast, nice staff, nice pool, quiet, clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Selma. I travel there often and I stay here everytime. Very happy with it. Price is good as well for the accomodations offered. Close to stores and restaurants, very good location.

Room Tip: good rooms.clean and quiet. had room 214 loved it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
best-rest-stay, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear 585HeatherM585,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your last stay at our hotel.

We had already done some renovation guest room like install new carpet, wall texture, new granite vanity, bathroom floor, and new beds in all room. Second phase we started remodeling lobby breakfast area front desk. Your stay at our property will be more pleasant and comfortable. Looking forward to your next stay. Our team will make our best make your stay happy

Ish Lad
Lincoln, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

So the hotel itself isn't that bad. I know other reviewers rated it poorly, but as a frequent traveler, it wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen. The people were nice, the breakfast was adequate. It was clean. The downside was that the rooms were dark, our's had an odor and our airconditioner required us to wear ear plugs while we slept it was that loud. I have also stayed at the Holiday Inn in Selma and if I return I would choose either the Holiday Inn or the Hampton. The quality of stay is really worth the extra money. The thing is, I can tell the folks at the Comfort Inn are really trying. I just think it was a bit worn down and could use some maintenance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kristinnicole7 ,

We had already done some renovation guest room like install new carpet, wall texture, new granite vanity, bathroom floor, and new beds in all room, and new air conditioner . Second phase we started remodeling lobby breakfast area front desk. Your stay at our property will be more pleasant and comfortable. Looking forward to your next stay. Our team will make our best make your stay happy.

Ish Lad
Comfort Inn

Travelers are raving about these Selma hotels

Selma, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

As far as the hotel itself goes it was nice, clean and comfortable, but the foreign lady that works the front desk, breakfast and housekeeping I think was her name Tara. She doesn’t speak very good English and she is very rude she doesn’t need to work the front desk. She was running back and fourth to the breakfast she can’t do it all even though she thinks she can, get some help, she doesn’t put out enough for breakfast. I think she’s scared someone’s going to actually eat. She runs back and forth to rooms and SCREAMS very loudly down the hall and her housekeepers and to the man I think was her husband. This lady does not need to work at the hotel if she can’t be more professional.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brunswick, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Looking at the outside - the motel looked fairly new, not to bad, we booked a room on the apperance we saw - as we went into the motel, walking down the halls - I saw the filth - food on the carpet, dirt, not vacuumed in a while, walls dirty, opened our door and roaches ALIVE - closed door and left - a little kid even said it's the nasty place he has ever seen! This comfort Inn needs someone to clean it up - again Comfort Inn's have gone down hill. At least we got our money back without a bunch of crap.

Room Tip: DO not stay here -
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cochrane, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

The receptionist was nice but the first room she sent us to smelled moldy and the wallpaper was peeling off the wall. We asked for a different room and it was the same...only didn't smell so bad. If we hadn't been so exhasted, we would have left but we toughed it out for one night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I booked an online reservation at this Motel back on 12/4/11, for the 3rd of March for one day. I was a participant in the Bridge Crossing Celebration that is held annualy. After I made my reservation I received my confirmation. As I got closer to the date of the event, I called them to make sure they hadn't did anything with my room because I received another confirmation for the same reservation, and I didn't understand that. After being assured that I wouldn't have any problem with my room and they understood I would be checking in late because of my involvement with the Bridge Crossing we ended our conversation. On the night of check-in I went to the Motel gave the clerk [Ronda was her name, I should have known something was wrong when I saw how she spelled Rhonda] my reservation confirmation, only to have her tell me she GAVE MY ROOM AWAY!! She said she tried calling me at my home number the day of the event to see if I was still coming. Can you imagine that?? I had my Daughter and Grand Son with me, with no where to sleep. I refused to leave without her trying to find me some accomadations some where else. She did and of course the rate was much higher than I would have paid at Comfort. To tell the truth I really beleive she was more than happy to sell my room, because I had the room at a Senior's rate.
So those were my expirences, and I wouldn't wish them on any one. Thank you;
Abdul-R Rashid-Atlanta Ga

Room Tip: Don't choose this Motel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!