“This motel sucks!!! DO NOT STAY HERE! IT NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN!” 1 of 5 stars

Holiday Inn Selma
US 80, Selma, AL 36701   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Selma
Odin, Illinois, United States
“This motel sucks!!! DO NOT STAY HERE! IT NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. And being a truck driver that says allot! There WiFi is a joke I was never able to get a signal. The smoke detector in the room was ripped of the wall and had wires hanging out of the wall! The toilet seat looked like it had glue on it, their help can't seem to understand that the guest don't like loud music and BONGO drums at 345 in the morning. The bed comforter was torn fortunately I was smart enough to sleep in the chair for what little sleep I did get. After spending the night in the room and then getting in my truck to pick up my load I contemplated swinging by the nearest ER room to get a shot of penicillin for anything I might have caught in their filthy room. But other than that (like there is anything else) I give it a AAA!!!!!!

Room Tip: You want a tip?DON"T stay here unless you have a doctor in the family. Oh and if you do, bring...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Upon arrival, our room was dirty. The floor had food on it, and the garbage had not been emptied, and there was garbage left in the in room refrigerator. On top of that, there evidently were no free rooms for us to be moved to.
Our room had no linen, or even toilet paper. After calling the desk, we were told the linens and TP would be sent directly to our room. Over the course of the next three hours we called the desk twice and I even went and spoke to the manager who assured us it would be sent immediately. It took one more trip to the manager to get what we needed to stay the night in our dirty room.
I called the manager after I returned home, and his only comment was "I am sorry your stay with us was not satisfactory." Shameful!
I would not ever stay here again, nor would I recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Prattville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

My daughter had her baby in Selma and we had been up for 36 hours. We didn't want to drive back home so we went to see what kid of hotels we could find. We have always stayed at a Ramanda Inn so we stopped there. The first room we were given was being redone so they changed us. We were very tired so for the first time ever I did not lock the deadbolt and we were asleep that afternoon and someone opens our door and walks in. They had given our room to someone else. I went to the front desk I was told that could not have happened and no one else had been back for a new room. I told her I wanted to speak to the management and was told he lived in Montgomery and would not be back for a few days. She tried to call him but he would not answer. I have to this day not heard from him and it has been 6 days.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I traveled 9hrs for a funeral. Upon arrival I was given room keys that didn't work. A security guard just happened to be passing by the room and tried his 'all access' keys. Those keys didn't work either. It turned out the room we were given had a block so that no key would work??? Before knowing this, however, I had to walk up and down the stairs 2x to check with the front desk as to what the issue was with the keys. I waited 2.5hrs for towels.......once we got into the room next door (thanks to the security guard). AND our new room had a fist size hole in the wall. They should be ashamed of their service and lack of concern when I was spending my money there. It won't happen again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Gulf Breeze, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Staff very nice, but saw 2 different roaches before we went to bed. If they are out in the light, you know you have trouble. Tried to be careful, but found one of the same type in the car after we left, must of got on our clothes or luggage. Chair arms were black from body oils, or something. Could not use. AC could not cool room until after dark. So needs to be remodled and new furniture.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

The Ramanda chain should not allow this location to bare their name. The rooms were dity, no clean towels in the rooms. We had to share towels because it was only 2 large towels per room.The a/c untis did not work the common areas were filled with trash on the grounds. Do not hold the rooms on your credit card, you will be.overcharged on your card. The assistant mgr (white lady short haircut) is very rude and unprofessional, I inquired about my room being charged to another person name that i didn't even know. She replied why are you concerned it's paid it's not my fault she being raising her voice and shouting at me in the lobby in front of other customer because i wanted my receipt corrected. I have stayed here 5 years in a row when I come to Selma but never again. Do not stay here try the Comfort inn or Jamerson I will

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010 via mobile

Stayed 4 a family reunion,misled by yahoo reviews(prob written by staff). Unhelpful n unknowledgable mgmt. Rooms n bedding are more than suspect...NASTY! Several family members had 2 chk out no A/C AL. n July are you Seriously Crazy?!?! Rated value terrible bcuz they shouldn't able 2 charge 4 this.

• Stayed July 2010

Been to Holiday Inn Selma? Share your experiences!