“Not pleased” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Luxury Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Luxury Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Luxury Inn & Suites
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1120 Highland Ave., Selma, AL 36701 (Formerly Selma Days Inn and Suites)   |
Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in Selma

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Osage Beach, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

As I was working in Selma Alabama, this particular hotel was closest to where I needed to be. The folks who own the place may have been a little hard to understand, but they were nice people. My room was always clean nor did I smell anything. Noise is a factor as it is close to a major road (through town). If my travels take me back that way and can't find something else, I guess I might stay there again.

Room Tip: Not the best place but good for what I needed.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
OOLTEWAH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Everything was OK when we checked in. The next day we got back to the motel from work and both rooms had been poorly made, sheets not changed, and a very strong (knock you over) rotten garbage smell. We were finished early and decided to travel to our next market. When we checked out the bill was 10.00 more per room than we had agreed at the time of check in. That could have been the language barrier. Patel owned. Nice enough guy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Travelers are raving about these Selma hotels

barcelona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

I do not recommend staying here and this is why:

1. Customer service is horrible: I called when I was on my way to ask for directions and the manager hung up on me. Twice.

2. The rooms are dirty. The sheets are stained and have cigarette burnt holes. We found a used bar soap in the shower.

3. The rooms are old and not taken care of. The radio/alarm clock. We were 2 staying in the room and there was only soap for 1.

I passed a Hampton Inn and a Holiday Inn on my way here. Try your luck there, but avoid this place.

• Stayed May 2012
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Room 112 has bedbugs. Found one about 11pm on the evening of March 25th and put it in a cup and took it to the front desk. Front desk staff spoke minimal English offered to move us to another room. We declined and decided to leave at the crack of dawn in the morning. Well we get up March 26th (my birthday) and find another bedbug. Happy Birthday to me, right?! Took the bedbugs in a cup to the front desk again and was offered...bagels. Wasn't offered a complimentary room elsewhere, a partial refund or anything. Sleep in your car before you stay here. I have pics of the bedbugs but am not up to posting them. Just imagine a semi-white sheet with a brown dot.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Scotia, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I had difficulty understanding the man at the front desk, who was I believe from India -- a minor problem. The room was clean, although noisy because of proximity to the highway. It had the usual amenities, but the coffee pot offered only two paper cups and the two plastic cups in the bathroom were both cracked. I always check for grab bars in the bathrooms; this motel had one in the shower, although it was too low except to use in an emergency.

There were no pens, pencils or note pads in the room. Had to ask at the office. Finally found an ice machine on the first floor, but my room was on the second. Breakfast was sparse, with two cereals, coffee and juice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Luxury Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Luxury Inn & Suites

Days Inn Selma
Selma Days Inn
Address: 1120 Highland Ave., Selma, AL 36701 (Formerly Selma Days Inn and Suites)
Location: United States > Alabama > Selma
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in Selma
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Luxury Inn & Suites 1.5*
We offer a variety of rooms and suites, as well as amenities, to fit a variety of guest needs. Before you head out for the day, enjoy free continental breakfast at the hotel or stop by the fitness center for a quick workout. Our staff are dedicated to making your stay with us enjoyable. If you're looking for the quality of larger chains at an affordable price, look no further than Luxury Inn and Suites. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Luxury Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Luxury Inn & Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.